Takes out bad words from all your webpages
The best open source Chrome extension for profanity filtering and censoring! Tired of seeing stupid YouTube comments? Want to protect your children from bad words on the Internet? Don't want to see obscene, foul or vulgar language? Then this extension is for you! Using a smart algorithm, the extension can filter/censor out 99% of bad words quite efficiently. For example: Asses, asssss => censored but assess, firetruck => is not Works on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube!
- (2019-03-31) Enchant YTGame: does it make i show random words when you friends see the text?
- (2018-01-02) Adam W: not to discourage! just that certain site are not able to filter. For example this one. https://np.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/7nkvdo/airlines_recorded_zero_accident_deaths_in/ds2lxld/
- (2017-10-27) Nathaniel Markham: Seems to work pretty well, but sometimes censors things that are not bad words, like "arsenic"
- (2016-07-13) T. K.: Exactly what I was looking for, and it works perfectly!
- (2016-06-02) It does not censor bad words from embedded tweets! Can you fix that?
- (2014-09-23) Yves Li: Works well on all sites I've tried!
- (2017-11-29, v:0.16) Brach Burton: Customization
Is there any way I can customize the was that words are censored? I'd like to censor words while maintaining some legibility. For example, for the f word, I'd like to be able to set up the option for it to replace the f word with f*** so the censorship is relatively discreet, but also so I know which word is being used for context in the sentence that I am reading. This is kind of a specific request, but let me know if there is anything I can do. Thanks
- (2017-09-23, v:0.16) Rotem Haimov: cusomt words...
why not make option to be able for users to decide which words they want to be censored?
- (2017-04-30, v:0.16) Emily Miles: Emily Dickinson
Last names like Dickinson are blocked; the pull up from Wikipedia for Emily Dickinson looks like this: "Emily Elizabeth @!$#@[email protected][email protected] was an American poet. @!$#@[email protected][email protected] was born in Amherst, Massachusetts. Although part of a prominent family with strong ties to its community, @!$#@[email protected][email protected] lived much of her life in reclusive isolation." please fix, this is especially annoying on Facebook when neighborhood moms appear to have curse words for maiden names... Also, I would appreciate a customizable whitelist as someone else requested.
- (2017-03-27, v:0.16) Edward: Reddit
I was using this extension on Reddit. In the parent post, it said the f-word ending in -ing and it wasn't blocked at all. Does it not work on Reddit?
- (2017-03-15, v:0.16) jesuguru: Whitelist
Greetings, wondering if feature could be added to allow users to add websites to a whitelist section? For example, a Bible website I read has the word "prick" censored, even though it's in a safe context. Thanks!
- (2017-03-10, v:0.16) Not all words
Some words like the f word without g on the end don't censor can you fix it.
- (2017-01-22, v:0.16) Aaron Borges: youtube
will this cencor bad words in a youtube video?
- (2016-11-22, v:0.16) Lars Cade: Whitelist option
I'd like to be able to whitelist certain words. For example, there was another earthquake near Fukushima, Japan, but because "fuk" is blocked, it censors the name of the city.
- (2016-10-02, v:0.16) Ramazan Yuksel: Adding personal keywords
Hi, this extention is great. I'd be much more happier if i could add personal keywords, since my native language is not english. I also like to block other unwanted words than swears. An option to add keywords would be much appericated. Thank you for your great work. Wish you best, friend.
- (2016-08-01, v:0.16) Elil Irne: Lovely, however
Hi, I absolutely think this is a brilliant idea! No longer I have to see and block out sear words in my mind. I no longer have to repeat it. However, I do wonder - I was browsing and seeing a word that was blocked because the word contained regular curse word in it (for example, if we block out letter abc, then the word qabc then become blocked, but qabc is not exactly a curse word only it contains the bad word "abc")- is there a way to make exception for users? Thank you for creating this plugin.