A youtube tweak to open search results in a new tab so your music keeps playing in the background while you look for your next tune.
Youtube New Tab Search adds a button to the right of the youtube search bar that when clicked will open up search results in a new tab so that the currently playing video doesn't stop. -unobtrusive, fits youtube's native style -makes the search tab active *** newly updated to support the new youtube!
- (2021-04-12) TJ Horse: It worked for about a week, then it just quit working.
- (2020-02-08) João Pedro Sallum: The "Search in a new tab" button only appears on youtube's home screen... what is the point if it isn't available when I am watching a video?
- (2019-07-02) M Kříž: please update it. i loved this addon when it was working :'(
- (2017-07-24) zhang dan: it s what i want . but it not look good in old page . and just show in index in new page. could you fix it . thank you , i love it
- (2017-07-04) JNeal134: I love it, but it's not currently working with Youtube's new look (https://www.youtube.com/new). Coulld you possibly make it to work with the new look as well?
- (2017-06-24) Emil Lassalle: Amazing!!
- (2015-11-21) Raphe E: It is good to have a way to search videos in a new tab, but I do think that the button should be closer to the search bar and smaller to fit in. At least for me, it is about the size of the button itself away from the search bar. Also, the area to click is a lot bigger than the button itself. Only clicking on the button will make it work, but it is kinda odd. Everything else is nice though. I have always needed a way to do that, and it is annoying to open up a new tab and search. I have always wanted to be able to right click on the search button and press "Open in new tab." Because of this, I do like the extension. I just think that it needs a bit of improvement.
- (2015-11-10) Dalia Zayeri: so vgood and handy!!!
- (2017-08-31, v:0.2) Bryce Demar: Youtube Layout Update Killed the Extension
If this is still maintained then an option to use this with dark mode would be a nice addition, along with returned functionality.