Control the way you read RSS news online.
SPOI Filter - lets you hide and highlight RSS news items in feedly and The Old Reader by keyword or regular expression. Filter is based on a paid subscription model. Licensed users will be billed $0.99 monthly. Six month and twelve month subscriptions are also available, as is a trial license. We all like to use our new readers to get our RSS news, and we all subscribe to the feeds that we want, but sometimes we get tired of reading about the same vapid celebrities or the same iPhone killer. Using SPOI Filter, you input a name or a word, and BLAM any news item that contains it is reduced to a fancy coloured bar that you can scroll on by or click on to reveal the hidden gem. Or you can completely hide it and your life will be all the better. You can even choose filter based on text found in the body and the subject, or in the subject line only. Filtering logic includes case-sensitive, not case-sensitive, and regular expressions (regex/regexp). Tired of duplicate items? You can make them never exist! Think that a particular feed should never be filtered? Add them to an exempt list! Want to highlight specific words, you can do that too! Want to only read news that has your keywords and skip everything else? Done. Want to securely sync all your settings and filter between different browsers on different machines? Even more done. There is a handy popup menu to enter new filters or highlights on-the-fly as you are reading. You can also use it to un-hide or re-hide all hidden news items, hide the header, and hide the navigation pane sidebar. And do not forget about the Layout tweaks. Hide all sorts of stuff around the page and fix some spacing while you are at it. You can even change the font. Please see the "Extension support" link for responses to comments and emails. Do not host, archive, or distribute SPOI Filter without permission from smart people on ice, LLC. (spoi). https://spoi.com/filter/EULA
- (2017-08-28) Em G: It had its issues over time, but now I can't handle not using it. Give it another shot, they keep fixing it, and they really do read emails if you have issues. Seriously, they reply and help you out and everything.
- (2017-01-11) Bill G.: SPOI= Screwing People Over Indefinitely
- (2016-12-25) Jon Aske: This extension stopped working a long time ago. Now they want to use a subscription model to make money. It is certainly not worth the risk. I really think the greedy authors are up to no good.
- (2016-12-01) Daniil G: Please, fix filters. They don't work anymore.
- (2015-10-04) XEO XTH: pay monthly fee? no thanks.
- (2016-09-17, v:1.8.11) Michel Joseph Pétulli: wish to cancel
wish to cancel the service
- (2016-03-14, v:1.8.9) Jules Barrell: Not subscribing
Does the depreciated extension I have still filter correctly? I'm not subscribing for $1 a month for this. Its good, but not worth that. how about a one off donation of $5?
- (2015-08-31, v:1.8.3) Alex Johnson: Stopped working?
SPOI was working fine up until yesterday for me. Today nothing is being filtered. I have not touched the settings. Thanks ...
- (2015-07-16, v:1.8.1) Fee for service
I've used your service for quite some time with good results but it is not a feature I would ever pay for.