Hides comments from selected user names
SBNation Ban Hammer! allows you to block comments (and replies) from any users on your favorite SBNation message boards. It's not really a ban, more like a blacklist or block, but it's the next best thing. Make SBNation a fun place to visit and block the trolls. Instructions: Install the extension. When you are on an SBNation blog the B! icon will turn red. This means the extension is active. Click on the red B! icon and add the *exact* username of anyone who you wish to block. Note this will also hide any replies to those users. Updates: v1.2.0 - modified to work against "old style" SBNation comment sections v1.1.3 - modified to include sbnation blogs that do not have sbnation in their URL Known issues: Sometimes, after adding a name to be blocked, the comments will not be blocked until the page is reloaded. This extension does not "re-link" the Z-keypress action. i.e. if 'Z' would have taken you to a comment that is now blocked, it will jump to the top of the page instead. Just keep pressing 'Z' and eventually you will get to a "good" comment. FIXED in v1.2.0: This extension works on "normal" SBNation blog comment pages. Fanposts use a different commenting system and this extension is not designed to work there.
- (2019-10-08) Peter Christensen: If feasible, it would be great to only collapse the comments made by the those on the ban list and not collapse the entire subtree. Or at least it would be nice to have the option. Either way, thank you very much!
- (2018-04-18) Aaron Veenstra: Works great on most pages, but doesn't work on game threads. For some reason SBN uses a slightly different CSS for those pages, and I guess the extension doesn't see it properly.
- (2018-01-12) Keith Rowan II: Worked on the main SB Nation page, but did not work on any team pages. Tried Silver Screen and Roll and several others. Won't light up or do anything. And even if you have blocked users, their posts still show up on all these team pages. So the app was completely useless.
- (2018-01-09) Ken Mueller: I actually enjoy the comments sections of my favorite blog now
- (2019-08-15, v:1.2.0) Mike Drilling: Ban Hammer and Vivaldi
Ken, I use Vivaldi browser, which has supported every Chrome extension I have tried so far. I would really like to us Ban Hammer, and it installs in Vivaldi, but the icon doesn't show up in the extensions bar, so I can't use it. Any thoughts on a possible fix? Mike