Brings work offline and online in the web page level to your browser
This extension brings "Work Offline" button to your browser. When the extension is in the offline mode, no web request can be sent or received by web pages. Note that still, your extension can use the internet. So let's say you have a web-based email client and an email notifier extension. The web-based one is disconnected, but the extension one is connected. Notes: 1. You can enable and disable the offline mode right from the toolbar button. This is a toggle button. 2. If you have open tabs, those tabs cannot send and receive network requests in the offline mode 3. You can still browse local HTML files while you are in the offline mode, though these pages cannot anything to any web servers Change Log: version 0.1.2 1. Offline mode per tab. You can now use the right-click context menu item for page action to make a single tab or multiple tabs go to the offline mode. It is still possible to use the toolbar button to make all tabs work in offline mode too. version 0.1.3 1. supports navigator.onLine 2. supports "online" and "offline" events 3. respects global offline and online browser level events
- (2021-02-28) Protonics Software: for AJAX calls, this extension works most of the time. but unreliable, so 2 stars. it must work 100% of the time for 5 stars.
- (2020-09-24) Priya Bhatt: it doesn't work, it just tells u to go back online so u can use the internet
- (2020-09-10) a a: can block ajax calls. cannot block websocket.
- (2019-07-20) BG Bruno: works but don't fire "window.addEventListener" for "offline, online"
- (2019-06-07) Mariusz Buk: Does not work with websockets.