Automatic page translation from American to International System of units
Automatically translates all sites from American/old British units to International System of units (SI/Metric) - adding converted unit in a bracket behind. Example: 10 feet 🠚 10 feet【𝟯 𝗺】 Convenient for shopping, cooking, etc. Inch, Feet, Yard, Mile -> Metre (Meter) Pound, Ounce, Stone -> Kilogram Gallon, Quart, Pint, Fluid Ounces, Cups -> Litre (Liter) mpg -> L/100 km mph -> km/h Fahrenheit -> Celsius/Kelvin Area conversion for ft, yd, in, mi, both as "sq. ft" and "ft²" (must not be superscript); the same is for volume conversion. Supports Amazon, Ikea, and other formats: 10" x 20" x 3" will be converted and replaced with metric units Combo units also supported: 1 ½″【𝟯,𝟴 𝗰𝗺】 or 2’−4″【𝟳𝟭 𝗰𝗺】 Features most possible ways these units are written with dashes, quotes, apostrophes, Unicode units, etc. Toolbar button to turn extension ON/OFF globally You can keep it off and just run when needed by pressing Alt+M Permission to read page data is required to be able to change units. Permission to storage is required to save settings. Don't forget to check Options page. Not working on a specific site? Have a suggestion for improvement? Send me an email with details. Source code is here https://github.com/m1l/Everything-Metric Disclaimer: Author is not responsible for any damages, including too sweet cakes, because of miscalculation or any other issues.
- (2019-12-14) Samuel Franklin: Nice job! some it makes some mistakes from here and there but well the web is a messy place
- (2019-06-20) Dmitry Gurovich: Does the job very well!
- (2019-03-13) Edin: I found a great engineering online forum based in the US. Since they use imperial units in most of the posts I was blind. This extension solved my problem and I can finally follow the discussion.
- (2019-02-20) Great, useful app. We shouldn't have to convert units at all in the modern day, but this app works fine for now.
- (2019-02-04) Matt Fletcher: Another one that doesn't work properly. Even with the watch mode enabled, it only converted the first line of a recipe and ignored everything afterwards.
- (2019-01-19) I was mostly wanting this to convert the built in distance on Google maps without having to manually change units. It doesn't appear to do that, although it works fine for static distances/measurements displayed on webpages. Just not what I was looking for.
- (2018-12-15) Mike Stevens: Looks nice, but inaccurate for my needs (as a motoring journalist). Fuel consumption conversion (from MPG to L/100km) was out by a litre or more, and it was also unable to discern that 'lb-ft' is a measurement of torque, giving me instead a conversion for the 'lb' part of 'lb-ft' -- which meant I was getting a weight measurement, not a torque measurement.
- (2018-11-12) Esen S: The second most useful extension I've ever used (after uBlock)
- (2018-11-06) Michał Onoszko: The best unit converter from all chrome extentions. Love it!
- (2018-05-02) Waheed Alsayer: Automatically converted Amazon measurements to metric without losing the existing measurements.
- (2019-07-16, v:2.8) Tom Christoffersen: A few suggested improvements
Hi, First off - great plugin, already rated 5 stars! Although I found some small issues that might improve the plugin: When a website is showing units in a range, say 60-80°F, it will only convert the last number as such: 60-80°F (27 °C)˜. Perhaps make it detect and convert the range? Some sites already show conversions behind the original unit, so now the plugin makes the conversion again and the result is a double conversion. So from the site linked below, 5-15°C (41-59°F) becomes 5-15°C (41-59°F (15 °C)˜ ) I understand this one might be hard to fix, and it doesn't really bother me. I noticed both these issues appeared on this site, under "Ongoing Care": https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/popular/cordyline/growing-guide
- (2018-07-03, v:2.3) Waheed Alsayer: Currency Converter
Hi, I love the extension. How about making one for currency conversion, where I choose a a specific currency and it is updated daily and shows whenever a $ or e euro sign shows.
- (2018-05-13, v:2.3) George SC: Bug?
Hi, not exactly sure but seems your extension is messing up writing on files, like, In gmail I start writing Hi, and end up with Ih, the cursor jumps around in the first letter, I have disabled you adddon since was the last one I added in a long time and it's back to normal now. Hope you can fix it, love your extension othrwise Cheers