Automatic page translation from American to International System of units
Automatically translates all sites from American/old British units to International System of units (SI/Metric) - adding converted unit in a bracket behind original units. Example: 10 feet 🠚 10 feet【𝟯 𝗺】 Convenient for shopping, cooking, etc. (You can also use Alt+M for manual conversion of the page) Inch, Feet, Yard, Mile -> Metre (Meter) Pound, Ounce, Stone -> Kilogram Gallon, Quart, Pint, Fluid Ounces, Cups -> Litre (Liter) mpg -> L/100 km mph -> km/h Fahrenheit -> Celsius/Kelvin Area conversion for ft, yd, in, mi, both as "sq. ft" and "ft²" (must not be superscript); the same is for volume conversion. Supports Amazon, Ikea, and other formats: 10" x 20" x 3" will be converted and replaced with metric units Combo units also supported: 1 ½″【𝟯,𝟴 𝗰𝗺】 or 2’−4″【𝟳𝟭 𝗰𝗺】 Features most possible ways these units are written with dashes, quotes, apostrophes, Unicode units, etc. Toolbar button to turn extension ON/OFF globally You can keep it off and just run when needed by pressing Alt+M Permission to read page data is required to be able to change units. Permission to storage is required to save settings. Don't forget to check Options page. Not working on a specific site? Have a suggestion for improvement? Send me an email with details. Source code is here https://github.com/m1l/Everything-Metric Disclaimer: Author is not responsible for any damages, including cakes that are too sweet, because of miscalculation or any other issues.
- (2023-07-11) Matthew Lloyd: Excellent, accurate, very fast, highly configurable, high recall measurement detection, and easy to use. Very happy I'll never have to read Fahrenheit, inches, feet, pounds or ounces online ever again.
- (2023-06-13) Elias Ledure: The only problem is that I can't install this on my phone for the safari browser.
- (2023-06-01) Felipe Venetiglio: TL;DR: WARNING this extension started HIJACKING MY SEARCHES. ******** I used to love this extension. It's a way to finally read recipes without aving to do a bunch of searches for conversions. However, I noticed something in the last month or so. Everytime I would perform a search on Google, the top result was always an Amazon website. And every now and then I would see an open tab for that search on Amazon. Looking into it with attention, I loaded some searches and saw the top result being updated after the Google page loaded. Looked it up, and saw a few people pointing this behavior to some unscrupulous developers. I disabled one extension at a time and found out this was the culprit. So yeah, it's back to converting ounces into grams for me.
- (2023-02-24) Nikola Tomic (Nykk Deetronic): I do not know where it works but on Zillow for example - does not convert sqft to m2... Just does not work...
- (2022-12-29) Gvidas Man: Its nice but would be great if it converts from tsp to g as well
- (2022-12-23) Ondřej Váňa: Finally a way to bring merican websites to this century. Thank you!
- (2022-12-04) Dominik Wagner: This plugin is honestly so great! I love using it, it makes browing all those US American web sites easier as someone who uses the metric system. I can finally cook all kinds of recipes online without having to convert every single unit! I can check specs on different stuff because all of the units are just instantly converted! Idea: Maybe make an automatic currency converter that converts any currency online to my own as well in the same manner $1[1.1 €] Thank you and keep up the great work!
- (2022-09-28) János József Nagy: I'm so fed up with the inch/feet/eagle/landslide measurements, this plugin just translates everything so IT MAKES SENSE. Easy 5/5. ALT+M for not converted units, works like a charm
- (2022-08-24) Carlos: This thing is amazing. Thank you!
- (2022-06-07) Ronen Tal: Fantastic! Thanks you so much it made my life easier
- (2022-05-28) Wouter: Have been using this for a while, works very well
- (2022-05-26) Alexander Zenkov: The most wanted extension, finally the life became easier. Thanks a lot. Highly recommend!!!
- (2022-05-19) M DD: Very useful extension, could be a 5 star, however, wish it could make conversions according to ingredient. Example: the conversion of a cup of sugar amount comes in ml. and not grams, and so it is with many ingredients that require grams but given in ml.
- (2022-05-05) axel goossens: Awsome
- (2022-01-05) Paul Roy: Amazing. Efficient. Simple. Customizable. Perfect.
- (2021-11-03) Lev S: Cool idea! Would be nice to be able to add custom rules with simple syntax for custom conversions
- (2021-09-30) Calum Newton: Very helpful
- (2021-09-12) Adri Steel: Excellent extension, saved my sanity
- (2021-07-04) Daniel Caldas: Super useful! Thanks a lot!
- (2021-04-29) Adrian Sieber: Finally no more archaic units 😁
- (2021-04-19) Jamie Cook: Great extension but I would have preferred an option to put the metric units in the text and have the original units either in brackets or removed completely.
- (2021-03-03) Liggliluff: It's fairly good. The settings is a bit of a mess, and could need an overhaul. (For example, number formatting could be a dropdown giving: 1 234,5 / 1.234,5 / 1,234.5 / 1’234.5 as options) It isn't good with context. For example "## km (## mi)" is converted too when it shouldn't. It should work with context for "in", such as "Dimensions: # in", "# in by # in", "# × # in", "# ft # in". Then the option for "in" should be options like "Convert # in: smart detection / always / never".
- (2021-02-18) patrick weber: awesome! finally don't have to deal with those arbitrary units anymore!!!
- (2021-02-09) Hugh O'Brien: Salvation
- (2021-01-02) JP :D: DA BEST THING !!!!! I like to look for foreign recipe online but the imperial system is such a pain in the *ss. Thanks to this plug in everything is automatically, instantly converted into the so much more convenient metric system. Love it <3
- (2020-12-28) Nathan Maingard: Does what it needs to!
- (2020-11-15) L. L.: works great - i have this on all my browsers now and it's hard to go back! bookmark this for future use.
- (2020-08-22) Benjamin Pyke: Excellent idea but it doesn't seem to catch everything. For example "6-foot-8" and "6'8" don't get converted, but "6-foot-8-inch". It's also a little bit inconsistent. Heights and lengths, if they get converted, get replaced. Weights get left alone and explained in brackets afterwards like:【141 kg】. The brackets are a good idea so you can see what has been changed. I'm finding now it's changing things I'm reading to into an unpredictably mix of imperial-only, metric-only and sometimes both. As I said, great idea, but it needs to be developed a bit more to catch all of the various ways that Americans write imperial measurements and a consistent approach to replacement or addition would be good as well.
- (2020-03-10) CA Feiring: This is an amazing life-saver! THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS!!!
- (2019-12-14) Samuel Franklin: Nice job! some it makes some mistakes from here and there but well the web is a messy place
- (2019-06-20) Dmitry Gurovich: Does the job very well!
- (2019-03-13) Edin: I found a great engineering online forum based in the US. Since they use imperial units in most of the posts I was blind. This extension solved my problem and I can finally follow the discussion.
- (2019-02-20) Great, useful app. We shouldn't have to convert units at all in the modern day, but this app works fine for now.
- (2019-02-04) Matt Fletcher: Another one that doesn't work properly. Even with the watch mode enabled, it only converted the first line of a recipe and ignored everything afterwards.
- (2019-01-19) I was mostly wanting this to convert the built in distance on Google maps without having to manually change units. It doesn't appear to do that, although it works fine for static distances/measurements displayed on webpages. Just not what I was looking for.
- (2018-12-15) Mike Stevens: Looks nice, but inaccurate for my needs (as a motoring journalist). Fuel consumption conversion (from MPG to L/100km) was out by a litre or more, and it was also unable to discern that 'lb-ft' is a measurement of torque, giving me instead a conversion for the 'lb' part of 'lb-ft' -- which meant I was getting a weight measurement, not a torque measurement.
- (2018-11-12) Esen S: The second most useful extension I've ever used (after uBlock)
- (2018-11-06) Michał Onoszko: The best unit converter from all chrome extentions. Love it!
- (2018-05-02) Waheed Alsayer: Automatically converted Amazon measurements to metric without losing the existing measurements.
- (2023-08-10, v:3.4) Cathal Redmond: Volume conversion error - Cubit feet to Liters off by factor of 1000
Hi, i have found a bug where the conversion of cubic Feet was converted to Liters incorrectly, the value was off by a factor of 1000. I only noticed as the website already listed the volume in both Cubic Meters and Cubic feet, and i noticed the value listed for Cubic meters and the converted value for liters were very close, which made me suspicous. 450,000 cubic metres (16,000,000 cu ft)【453 071 L】 (Source website https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Derrybrien_landslide)
- (2023-06-02, v:3.4) Elhanan Maayan: it works smootly, TOO smoothly, so a suggestion..
just installed it, and it may sound silly but it integrates so well i'm afraid i'll forget it's there, and incase there's a bug in conversion (due to possibly mis-reading values, or whatever ) i won't know it. so it would be great if you could add a tool tip over the converted values (or mabye RCM menu entry) that will show the original values..
- (2023-03-12, v:3.4) Tyler: from metric to imperial?
would it be possible for you to add an option to convert from metric to imperial?
- (2023-01-27, v:3.4) Connor: Temperature Conversion
Love the extension! Unsure if you're still actively updating it but an option to disable the rounding of temperature conversions would be a neat feature. Thanks.
- (2021-06-30, v:3.4) David Kohnstamm: Plugin makes Microsoft planner/tasks not able to load
This plugin makes tasks.office.com give the following error on Chrome "Error loading user settings. Please try again. If this continues please contact customer support." I have to disable the plugin to make the site work, please fix or automatically disable the plugin for this site. Thanks for this tool by the way, makes my life a lot better!
- (2021-04-26, v:3.4) Bård Ræstad: Overzealous quotation marks
The plugin works great most of the time, but it could be smarter about when it translates inches to cm. From what I can tell, it always translates inches to cm when it registers numbers followed by quotation marks, even when there is a space between. But when it doesn't check the context of this input, it gives some funny results, as numbers followed by quotation marks aren't always inches. For example, this is the original title of a YouTube video: M12 "Warthog" Force Application Vehicle | Halo With the plugin activated, it's changed to this: M12 " (30 cm)˜Warthog" Force Application Vehicle | Halo As any human can tell, there were not actually any inches that needed translation in that title. I suspect that a simple check of what follows the quotation mark should reduce unnecessary translations considerably. Chances are that if what follows is a letter, number or special symbol, it's something in quotes following a number. If it's a space, break, punctuation marks or end of the text, it's inches that should be translated. Is this check possible to implement? Or alternatively, are there other ways to reduce unnecessary translations?
- (2021-02-03, v:3.4) Cybele Nader: No tbps?
I love the idea for the app and actually came looking for it. However it's not perfect. I see tablespoons aren't converted, and that's fine for liquids but when I get something like 3 tbsp of butter, that's super annoying and I'd have to do the thing that I'm trying to avoid which is open a new tab to convert manually on Google. Also it doesn't seem to work on everything. Like on one website it says 145 F for temperature and it doesn't seem to convert any of it. Same issue with another website that says 400 degrees although I would imagine that would be trickier to convert since it doesn't mention whether it's F or C (but it's obviously F). I think that's mainly it. Great extension nonetheless.
- (2020-05-14, v:3.4) Canay Altinoz: all good but
All good thank you. But in grainfather.com 's recipes section its not working
- (2019-07-16, v:2.8) Tom Christoffersen: A few suggested improvements
Hi, First off - great plugin, already rated 5 stars! Although I found some small issues that might improve the plugin: When a website is showing units in a range, say 60-80°F, it will only convert the last number as such: 60-80°F (27 °C)˜. Perhaps make it detect and convert the range? Some sites already show conversions behind the original unit, so now the plugin makes the conversion again and the result is a double conversion. So from the site linked below, 5-15°C (41-59°F) becomes 5-15°C (41-59°F (15 °C)˜ ) I understand this one might be hard to fix, and it doesn't really bother me. I noticed both these issues appeared on this site, under "Ongoing Care": https://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/popular/cordyline/growing-guide
- (2018-07-03, v:2.3) Waheed Alsayer: Currency Converter
Hi, I love the extension. How about making one for currency conversion, where I choose a a specific currency and it is updated daily and shows whenever a $ or e euro sign shows.
- (2018-05-13, v:2.3) George SC: Bug?
Hi, not exactly sure but seems your extension is messing up writing on files, like, In gmail I start writing Hi, and end up with Ih, the cursor jumps around in the first letter, I have disabled you adddon since was the last one I added in a long time and it's back to normal now. Hope you can fix it, love your extension othrwise Cheers