This extension will close your active tab when you hit back on the last history page.
Very useful when you open a tab but want to close in directly. This extension will also work with the extra history back buttons you might have on your mouse or with keyboard shortcuts.
- (2019-05-01) F Amann: I like it. But can you add a function that when it closed the tab by clicking back that it reopens the tab if i click forward?
- (2018-10-16) Phương Trần Đức: Nice design and good idea
- (2018-09-23) Nizar: Can you also do a reopen last tab on no more forward? Basically to counteract a misjudged back that ends up closing a wanted new tab.
- (2018-09-11) Thomas McGinnis: This would get a higher rating from me because it is indispensible, but I've discovered that it interferes with the Google Calendar, specifically quite often when I try to edit a calendar event, the browser tab closes. If I turn off the "Close on Back" extension, the problem goes away. This is a bug that should be fixable.
- (2018-08-09) adm 3rd: This was the only thing keeping me from using Chrome. I'm so use to using "Back IS Close" in Firefox I just couldn't get use to Chrome without it. Firefox has a lot of problems and has for years... I can now use Chrome the way I want and it does seem to work better than Firefox!
- (2017-10-22) Laurenz: It works, but sometimes causes issues with Momentum Dash (https://momentumdash.com/), which yields an ugly-loking "chrome-extension://invalid/" page for new tabs
- (2017-09-08) Mark Ifi: This works, but it hangs a little bit long after opening a tab. Still five starts, because it's the only one that works.
- (2017-08-31) Nicole Holtz: This works great, thank you! Have you considered porting this extension over to Firefox? With the migration of Firefox to WebExtensions, users are left without any way to get a similar experience.
- (2017-08-17) Kay P.: Works well with the keyboard AND mouse! The only downside is, that a tab must have finished loading before it can be closed this way.