Reminders in your browser
Reminders in Chrome Browsers. Get Chrome Notifications for links to read/notes/activities .... etc. You can set one-time/repeatable reminders or just use as an general note taking app. Remindoro Extension is Open Source and Ad Free. Features: Set Reminders: Schedule one-time reminders or repeatable Reminders. You can set reminders to repeat for minutes, hours, days or months. Get Notified in Chrome Browser for every reminder you set. You can also view all the scheduled reminders in an easy way. Save Pages to Read Later: Just right click and press "Add to Remindoro" to save the current web page to the Remindoro Extension. You can then schedule to read it later. You can also select a text and press "Save text to Remindoro" to save the selected text. Take Notes: Remindoro can also be used as an generic note taking app even if you do not want to set reminders. ------------------------------- For Help please refer - https://palerdot.in/remindoro/#help Source code - https://github.com/palerdot/remindoro Please rate and give your feedbacks in chrome web store.
- (2022-01-05) Stopdatamining Redacted: no notifications in chrome. please revert to old UI. UX has to many clicks. spartan.
- (2021-07-01) random: UI could be a bit better, but I love the fact it's open-source and offline. Also - that reminder every 45 minutes got me to start exercising a bit more. I quickly sifted through the code, and I didn't find anything nefarious inside (as in sending my data to some remote server). But I do have a couple of suggestions to improve your coding skills. - No need to use moment. It's better to write a few utility functions yourself than to add an external dependency. Albeit if you really really want to use something like moment, you should consider using something like day.js or luxon. Not my advice, moment's developrs recommend those two over moment. https://github.com/you-dont-need/You-Dont-Need-Momentjs/blob/master/README.md https://momentjs.com/docs/#/-project-status/ - Similar story with lodash. It's better to write couple of utility functions yourself than to add another dependency. But if you prefer using a library, I recommend ramda. - 150 lines for one method/function is way too long. Also I understand comments, but ideally the code should be self-documenting, with comments used rarely in ambiguous cases. - It's great that you write tests, but you should test unsuccessful scenarios too.
- (2021-05-26) Miles: great extension, free with out the bull
- (2021-05-24) Elaine Nguyen: I'm not getting any notifications or reminders
- (2020-11-11) Leonard Phi: great application for people who sit in the office for a long time
- (2020-10-21) Sanjida Shaheed: I love this extension because it is easy, simple and it works. I need to know how to stop the notification sound, please. If I can't turn it off I am afraid I will have to let it go even though I like the extension.
- (2020-07-30) Kelley Greig Snyder: I really like this extension. It has taken me a long time to find something that is as easy to use as this. The notification repeat feature is great. However, I do wish you would add something that enables me to complete, or mark the reminder done. If that could be added this would be a perfect 5 star extension, without a doubt.
- (2020-02-07) Kristyn Gutierrez: Worked for a while and just stopped. Really liked it and recommended it to a few coworkers and then out of no where I stopped getting the browser notifications. Tried to refresh it to no avail.
- (2019-08-05) Viki: One of the best app which i have been looking for a long time Awesome work Team. Could you also link to mobile so people can also get reminder when they are travelling.
- (2019-07-27) Escuela Poesía Japonesa: Es excelente y fácil de manejar solamente me gustaría que agregaran "confirmar" cuando se Borra una Nota y lo otro sería poder marcar como "hecho" un evento para que lo guarde archivado y no lo muestre en la pantalla. Me gusta mucho que pueda guardar páginas web o fragmentos de texto. También me gustaría que hubiera una forma de buscar las Notas por una palabra clave. Por ejemplo: escribir "Hortensia" y obtener todas las notas o recordatorios donde encuentre esa palabra.
- (2019-06-13) Joshua Chandra: Everything about it was fine except that "&" registers as text with additional code, and, most importantly, there is no option to auto-dismiss, so I changed to PostureMinder. I will move back to Remindoro if it gets an auto-dismiss feature.
- (2019-03-07) Carol Fox: So I love this extension in theory, and it's helped me at times. However, I often don't notice the reminders because they: * Have a white background, so blend in with most browser pages and apps. * Display on the screen's outer corner, so users must rely on peripheral vision -- which is harder for some, esp. when reminders blend in with the background. To make the reminders more noticeable, would you consider enabling users to: * Choose where their reminders display? * Change the reminders' background color? Or, if those enhancements require too much time or labor, would you consider: * Changing the reminder background to something non-white? * Adding a border around the reminders? I think any of those changes would greatly improve the usefulness of this extension. Thanks for making it, and for listening!
- (2018-08-21) Mrmxwlll: Works well. Very reliable. If you use a black theme though, you have to keep it hidden behind the settings button, otherwise it's not visible in Chrome's extension tray.
- (2018-06-04) Sameer Talar: I love this extension. Simple and easy to use. Great UI. For the repeat option, It would be great if you can extend that feature to schedule reminder for specific time period of the day. For example If I wanted to set reminder daily between 11 am to 3 pm every hour.
- (2018-01-12) Joel Friedman: so far so good
- (2017-04-18) Love it.............
- (2017-01-14) Sanjida Shaheed: I have been looking for an easy and free way to create recurring reminders. Remindoro is like a dream come true! I so love that it also enables us to visit specific webpages at scheduled times. Very impressive, ma shaa Allah. Thank you for making it free.
- (2016-11-30) Hotcold Typing: Excellent extension with ability to set reminders for important stuffs.
- (2016-11-30) Arun Kumar: Great extension to set reminders for web pages to read later/notes ... etc. Super slick UI and great interface. Highly recommended.
- (2020-03-13, v:0.2.3) John Ford: Sync?
Hi there, I was just wondering whether cross-device sync is available with this extension? Many thanks.
- (2019-06-20, v:0.2.3) Stopdatamining Redacted: black theme and time display
while I like the black theme, the txt is unreadable. can you please show the time the task is set for in the views.
- (2019-06-03, v:0.2.2) Joshua Chandra: Auto-dismiss popups after a specified time frame
Could a setting be added that allows users to optionally pick a time for popups to auto-dismiss? I'd love a 5-second dismissal, for example. Thanks!
- (2019-04-18, v:0.1.6) Kate Sullivan: Reminders are not appearing at all
Hi there, is there some setting I need to change? My reminders aren't even showing up at all.
- (2019-03-07, v:0.1.6) Carol Fox: Ability to change reminder location and/or color
I often don't notice my reminders for 2 reasons: 1) They display on the outer corner of the screen, which I can only detect with peripheral vision since I have a 2-screen setup. 2) They're white, so blend in with most browser pages and apps. Reminders, of course, don't work unless you see them, so this greatly limits the usefulness of this extension. For more effective reminders, I suggest adding the ability to choose: 1) Where reminders display onscreen, and/or 2) The color of reminders, so they stand out. I suspect adding 1 or both of these capabilities will be a huge help to all your users, not just those with a 2-monitor setup. If those enhancements are too time/labor-consuming, I'd recommend at least changing the default color of reminders to something that will more easily grab users' attention -- even just gray would be a huge improvement. Thanks for listening! -Carol