Flooded with tabs? Store them easily into groups, reopen them whenever you feel like it.
***NEW FEATURES*** - can now store tabs locally and reopen them offline - automatically adds created groups to bookmarks - improved User Interface - added German as a language :) Are you one of those persons who always have at least 20 tabs open? "The Great Grouper" is a free and open-source extension, helping you to deal with amassing tabs by storing them into groups. Being fancier, quicker and easier-to-use than the native bookmarks or OneTab, it allows you to swiftly select the tabs you want to conserve, save and restore them at any time you wish, even after reopening the browser. Give your CPU some rest, clean up to 95% of your browser memory and tidy up your window with this nifty little extension.
- (2016-12-06) Warmuser: These extension gives me a lot of bugs.. Need a fix!
- (2016-08-11) Sebastian Frentzen: Etwas umständlich, aber die Graphik erklärt gut alle Funktionen. Wirklich praktisch für Menschen wie mich mit tausenden Tabs :P
- (2016-08-08) drahteid Zwarg: Does what it promises!
- (2016-08-05) Paulina Michal: Äußerst Nützlich!
- (2016-07-31) Alpay G.: Gute Arbeit Hämogoblin. Auch wenn ich Chrome kaum nutze und wenn überhaupt, nicht mehr als 3 Tabs offen habe..:D
- (2020-09-21, v:2.0) Ccgreen: how to name a group
I see it says you can name a group. I can do it from Bookmarks - but don't see how to do when open the extension. Also, I can select tabs themselves and move them to a group, as you now can do with Chrome Group Tabs. Thank. you
- (2018-09-27, v:2.0) Matthew Shelhamer: Doesn't close tabs after saving and SingleFile Core extension problem
Hi! Wonderful extension, but there are two problems: 1. Neither Shift-Click when saving nor selecting "Close Tabs When Stored" checkbox in the extension options work. At all. Everything thing else is so streamlined to cut down on unnecessary clicking and extra steps, but this really does slow things down. 2. I selected "Store Content of Tabs" from the options, and it tells me to install the "SingleFile Core" extension with a dead link to it. Searching manually in the Chrome store for "SingleFile Core" brings no results....the closest thing is an extension called "SingleFile" ( https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singlefile/mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle ) which I installed, but it doesn't work with default settings. Maybe you'll publish an update or at least updated documentation? Thanks and Vielen Dank, Matthew
- (2018-07-02, v:2.0) Shift-Click does not close tabs
Just started using the extension. Overall, seems well thought out. Two items: 1) Shift-Click when creating a group does not seem to close tabs as documented. This is kind of a bummer, but it can be done manually afterwards 2) All tabs start out selected. Would be good to have an inversion button to deselect everything. If I'm trying to save 5 out of 65 tabs, having to deselect them all manually first takes some time. Thanks for the helpful tool.