Easily download high resolution copies of any Instagram photo or video.
Just click the image or video you want to download, and its url will be copied to your clipboard. You can download or open it too. Works for stories, profiles, slideshows, IGTV, and the feed. This extension will always give you the highest resolution version of an image or video — this is often larger than what Instagram displays. This is an open-source project on GitHub: https://github.com/ehmorris/High-Resolution-Downloader-For-Instagram
- (2020-01-02) Thomas H.: Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
- (2019-12-16) Guilty Baby: Great extension that works on videos, images and stories with different viewing options. Although it seems like it might cause a bug where if you scroll down in a profile and click an image to see the comments and close the image after, it undoes all the scrolling.
- (2019-12-02) bayu putra: The ability to open the hi res picture in the new tab.. Just AWESOME
- (2019-08-22) Qi nuc7ear: Good Tool! But UI text was two Line
- (2019-03-11) Vadim Saharov: What I needed. Thanks!
- (2019-03-07) Андрей Панз: All is work.)
- (2019-02-14) This changed my life.
- (2019-01-24) awesome tool very cool great job thanks tenouttaten
- (2018-12-12) Delightfully simple. Thanks, Edwin.
- (2018-11-17) Brian Snyder: When I noticed that my go to (InstaG) was mysteriously removed from the chrome store I found this helpful little extension. It has 90% of the InstaG's functionality with a extra few features. The only thing missing really is a story bar at the top of the home page. Honestly, I'm not sure if that is needed anymore as this extension can download right from Instagram's built in story viewer (which InstaG could not do). The fact this is an open-source extension is fantastic icing on the cake. I'm truly amazed it doesn't have more users.
- (2019-08-16, v:2.0.19) Brian Snyder: I discovered there are actually HIGHER resolution videos.
Poking around I found a website that downloads videos in higher resolution than any plugin I found yet. I was wondering if you could examine how this is done and possibly improve your extension. Example post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BwCh1pylg16/ This is the link I get from your extension: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/vp/54409b5505683e50dbfcac76fd70167f/5D581B85/t50.2886-16/57271952_2159270634141642_8356414389733031936_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent.cdninstagram.com This is the link I get from the website: https://scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/ef0b36a2e38aa6a781caae4fd1ff5946/5D5858E8/t50.2886-16/56823097_302457887090614_5109830692083073024_n.mp4?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com The difference is your video is link is 480x600 (1299KB) and the other link is 640x800(1634KB). I reviewed both files closely and there is a quality difference. Some research shows the source text "og:video" to point toward this higher resolution file. I've seen this quality difference mostly on newer posts.
- (2019-01-24, v:2.0.17) robin Meier: request
hey first of all thank you for this amazing extension! could you make the auto url save optional? or add a persistent download/open in new tab button instead of copying the url on every click? i often lose important copied stuff because i click on a picture without wanting to download it :( thank you!!
- (2018-11-26, v:2.0.14) A few bugs (and a request)
Thank you for this, i've been looking for a clean & simple extension for quite some time. Few things though: 1) Stories of some users seem to be buggy, and the button shows above the story, instead of being on it. I.e. it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/We6yXRi I've actually tried it with the different extension, and this bug persists even there with the exact same people. (Though the download button simply doesn't show there, instead of just bugging out on top). 2) Different variation of a seemingly similar problem. For some people it shows like this: https://imgur.com/a/xYAxsAM Again, similar problem, but different button placement. And again it's a common thing for a few extensions. So it seems to be an Instagram problem. 3) Is it possible to retain the original Instagram filename by default while saving?