This extension sums up the remaining time estimates shown in a scrum board of Jira
Atlassian Jira's has a feature to capture estimations and remaining estimates in issues. You can configure Jira to show these numbers on the issue cards in scrum board. I found it useful to see the sum of all issues for each column. Unfortunately, Jira lacks such a feature. When turned on, this Chrome extension will calculate the sum of "remaining estimates" for each column, taking into account all issues being displayed. If you apply a filter, the sum will be calculated only for the issues matching your filter settings. With version 1.00, the plugin additionally shows the number of cards, per column, in brackets. This additional feature was added by Jan Topiński (simcha). The extension was tested with Jira cloud and with Jira 7.3.8. Happy to get your feedback!
- (2019-12-13) Filip Kinský: works well with sprints, but doesn't seem to work with kanban board - the summary badge appears, but reports always zero
- (2019-10-13) Mohamed Salem Korayem: Sweet love for this Request: show remaining time total in Backlog view cause it's important BEFORE starting a sprint
- (2019-08-23) Simple but useful!
- (2019-04-23) Malte J: great tool, would be even better if it was language independant (or abr. for days could be configured (is 't' in German))
- (2019-04-09) Obscured Clouds: The layout is broken, otherwise everything is fine.
- (2019-10-31, v:0.95) Guillaume Garcia: Does it worked with Next-gen projects?
I am under the impression it does not but can't see anything in the Dev tools console
- (2019-03-30, v:0.95) Pretty good extension! Thanks for Sharing!
Is there a way to have an option to choose between days or hours? We have a dashboard that shares Kanban, and showing the estimate hour (total) means more for the way we work.
- (2019-02-01, v:0.93) Annika Lindqvist: Sum is always 0 in Jira version 7.13.1
Tried to use this feature by presenting Remaining Estimate on card (Kanban board) - however all columns give me 0d. What to do?
- (2019-01-24, v:0.93) Scott Driscoll: Points sum version
I forked the repo and made it sum up points instead of time estimates. thanks very much for the code! https://github.com/Scott-Driscoll/estimationsSumForJira
- (2018-12-06, v:0.93) Dmitry Si: Extension/Source code access request
Hi! I like the idea of your plugin and I want to write a similar one that will sum up the story points for all tasks and sub-tasks and display them in the backlog view for workload calculation. Some teams don't use proper estimations and rely on points for workload so it's a well known problem that I want to solve. I'm wondering do you already have the source codes published anywhere so I can extend/rework them?
- (2018-10-08, v:0.93) Сергей В.: Round number
I think it make sense to round numbers from "In Progress 22.400000000000002 d" to "In Progress 22.4 d"
- (2018-09-06, v:0.93) Tiago Martins de Alexandre: Options button is not enabled
Hi. The option button is not enabled here. Is there a problem? Chrome version: Versão 68.0.3440.106 (Versão oficial) 64 bits Jira version:Jira v7.11.2
- (2018-08-24, v:0.92) Dirk R.: Sum is always 0 in Jira version 7.11.0
Both for Kanban as well as for Scrum boards, the extension seems to be broken. The sum of remaining estimates for each column in a board is always 0 in Jira version 7.11.0.