This extension gives you a button to save your system resources by replacing open tabs with placeholders.
Chrome Tab Unloader gives you a simple button to unload the current tab, or all tabs. You might do this in order to save on system resources (RAM, CPU), or to make the tab quiet. Reload the tab just by clicking in its content area.
- (2021-02-02) J K: Does not work anymore unfortunately
- (2020-04-12) Darko Matterus: Finally an unloader that works. Even if it lacks the automated funtion of Great Supspender, it has something better than it. It works! It is a great addon that will really help, especially when I am gaming RAM hungry games and I prrfer that my browser does not take any extra ram for no reason. Thank you so much for this! Edit 14/4/2020 As it seems it does not work anymore. Shame.
- (2020-03-24) Geste Two: Firstly, installed it and clicking the button to unload a tab does nothing. Extension's broken. Secondly, the interface is painful to use regardless. A customizable keyboard shortcut to deload active tab would take 1/3 of the time to click. On top of that, it's possible to misclick and accidentally unload all your tabs, when trying to unload a single tab.
- (2020-02-28) Xao Fan-Tzilin: Not work. Brave 22.214.171.124
- (2020-02-14) RealZeratul: I like that this extension is lightweight and does not require excessive permissions. However, it simply does not do anything in my version of chrome, pressing "unload this tab" makes the favicon flicker once, but the tab stays as it is and nothing changes in the chrome task manager. :(