Warns you if there are any subjects that need a trigger warning on a webpage
This extension will warn you if any potentially triggering subjects appear on a webpage, allowing you to browse the Internet safely. You can also blacklist your own keywords if you want to add your own. The storage permission is used only to store words that you personally think are triggering, if you want to add your own. Enjoy!
- (2020-09-26) Doctor Science: It does not actually allow you to select which things you want warnings for instead-- It warns you about all of them. It slows down your computer significantly
- (2018-06-20) Ariel Ayres: I have PTSD and have specific triggers that make internet usage difficult so I added the Warn Me extension to my Google Chrome browser. Unfortunately, my browser runs significantly slower and the extension itself does not seem to have saved the trigger I selected to get warnings about. Instead, warnings pop up for words that I did not select that are not triggering to me. I am deleting the extension for now because, like I mentioned above, my browser is moving like molasses and the extension does not help with avoiding my triggers. If anything, displaying the words at the top of the screen seems counterproductive. I think there should be a less abrasive warning - something to the effect of, "There is triggering content on this page," that actually pulls from a list of personally selected trigger words and triggering content. Hopefully, Warn Me will be revamped in the future to allow for safer browsing, but until then, I'm sticking with my Parental Guides and hyper-critical internet usage.
- (2016-09-27) Jordan Abate: amazing
- (2016-09-27) Emma Phillips: I've been looking for something like this for a while. Good work!
- (2016-09-24) Andrew DiMaiti: Nice
- (2016-09-24) Julia Wetzel: So happy someone actually made this! I've been looking for something to do this ever since I learned about trigger warnings!
- (2016-09-24) Chris Gregory: Great extension! I love how easy it is to customize my triggers. Really helpful. Makes browsing the web safer and more pleasant.
- (2016-09-24) Evan Goldberg: Great extension. Thank you.
- (2017-10-10, v:1.0) editing trigger words
You should be able to edit the default trigger words to target just those that the user wants to block.
- (2017-09-01, v:1.0) Rowan G: How do i customise the triggers?
i can add my own trigger words but out of the list you give i end up getting warnings for all of them that i dont need, and i dont know how to change that - im sure im missing something simple...
- (2016-10-29, v:1.0) deleting default keywords?
it would be awesome to be able to delete the default keywords this extension is really awesome as an idea but you know having a higher level of personal control over the keywords would be yay