Tag, search and use bookmarks like they were meant to be.
Super Star makes bookmarking awesome! With tagging, fast search, and media previews, you can star any page or file you find online without the clutter of traditional bookmarking. ** 7 REASONS SUPER STAR IS AWESOME ** -- Super Star is very fast, even with thousands of bookmarks. -- Searches history and bookmarks at the same time. -- Search right from the omnibox with keyword "ss" -- Privacy - Super Star does not communicate with any web services. No tracking, no ads, nothing. The extension uses only functionality Chrome provides. -- Automatic syncing when you are signed in to Chrome. -- Handy shortcuts for power users -- Built by a developer who wants to hear from you. ** HEADS UP ** Super Star replaces your new tab screen so you always have fast access to your bookmarks. ** PERMISSIONS ** Super Star requires the following permissions for the following reasons: -- Read and change all your data on the websites you visit - When you open existing bookmarks for the first time, or create new bookmarks, Super Star will extract media from the page to pair with the bookmark. -- Read and change your browsing history - Allows Super Star to search your history along with your bookmarks. -- Read and change your bookmarks - Super Star uses Chrome bookmarks under the hood. Once again, your data is 100% private. No data is sent from the extension to any outside sources. ** CONTACT ** I (the developer) would love to hear from you. Use the support tab here in the Chrome Web Store for questions, suggestions, or reporting any bugs.
- (2020-11-28) John Shaw: GREATEST BY FAR
- (2020-09-20) Mateus Canelhas: Thank you very much for this functionality. I had to search so much to find a decent bookmark manager, and this fits the bill perfectly.
- (2019-11-06) Ozgur: This is one of the best extensions for bookmark management.
- (2018-09-03) lookingreg: На первый взгляд работает очень клево. Добавление через стандартные закладки хрома. Ищем закладки в омнибоксе, когда открывается новая вкладка.
- (2016-08-20) Jess Harpur: Very good implementation. Better by far than any of the other tagging extensions I've tried. Easy to use because it integrates well with Chrome's own bookmark system, and in particular because of its use of the New Tab page as the place to search for tagged items. Not only that, it searches in History for matching keywords too.
- (2016-02-23) Alma Madsen: I can actually bookmark whatever I want and find it later. Love the new tab screen usage too.
- (2019-09-19, v:1.0.5) Marc Selman: Screenshots
It looks like the screenshot for a bookmark is created as soon as you visit the page. But if I already have a lot of bookmarks without screenshots it would be nice to have a menu item where I refresh all screenshots. Super Star could open and close every bookmark to generate the screenshots for example. That way I could also identify dead or broken links easier. Come to think of it, you could then also identify sites that don't return a normal server 200 code and show a label or icon on the bookmark.
- (2019-09-19, v:1.0.5) Marc Selman: Omnibox extension
I don't understand what the Omnibox ss extension is used for. The default omnibar already searches through bookmarks. Could you explain it a little?
- (2019-09-19, v:1.0.5) Marc Selman: Focus on the search bar immediately
When opening a new tab the focus is in the address bar and not in the Super Star search bar. Also, why is the header part first big and then shrinks when you click anywhere? I see no need for the big header taking up a lot of space and the animation moves the bookmarks up which is annoying.
- (2019-09-19, v:1.0.5) Marc Selman: Change the icon
Hi, I really like your extension! But the icon that gets added in the chrome bar does not look that good. Especially on a dark theme. I would prefer a simpler icon with one color and transparant background.