Browser extension for Buttercup
Manage your online identities and credentials with Buttercup: An open-source, free and secure password manager. Buttercup uses the strongest industry techniques to encrypt and store your details in a variety of locations of your choosing. Use Dropbox, Google Drive or a WebDAV connection to remotely host your archive for high accessibility. You can also connect local files when using the Desktop application (background). The extension also contains a full-featured vault editing interface so you can even use it as a standalone application. Buttercup's browser extension allows you to easily log in to all of your online profiles and sites, is extremely secure, is easy to use and completely free of charge. We collect no data about you or any activities you perform. Keep your master password safe as it is the only way to open your archive and access your credentials. Newly detected logins will cause the extension to prompt you to save them - add all of your online authentication details to keep your accounts safe!
- (2020-01-03) Ion Staver: Does not keep the vault unlocked when closing and reopening the browser although the extension is set to auto-unlock.
- (2019-10-29) Walmer R: I love this password manager. Its open source, cross-platform and most importantly secured. I was looking for a good alternative that would give me more control over how my passwords are kept secured. The only problem is that is that the save password option when you fill out a form isn't working.
- (2019-08-05) Dumitru Maros: Imi place foarte tare, este opensource si bun
- (2019-05-10) Christian Elbrianno: One of the most simple and easy-to-use cross-platform password manager.
- (2019-03-20) Andreas Kosmo: Buttercup itself is a good thing, and also the extension is quite usable. Anyhow there are crucial things that I need to address because they simply annoy me: 1) they change too much of the markup which then could easily be copied into other markup (when editing HTML in the browser). 2) they add ugly CSS classes to forms so some forms around the web will look ugly if they don't make a form unusable in some cases. 3) Buttercup keeps on asking to save a password and there is no way to tell the extensions "never on this page" 4) the Buttercup extension should be deactivatable from the toolbar, so it might be possible to turn it off quickly. 5) Even better, buttercup should stop working on pages that have been marked as "never ask again if I want to save my password for this site". So there's a long way to go – though it's a good start.
- (2019-02-15) Mohamed Diarra: superbe, merci au developpeur
- (2018-11-06) Ferran Buireu: Excepcional, tanto a nivel de diseño como de facilidad de uso. Además es open-source. Sin lugar a dudas se come a la competencia en cuanto a filosofia y características. Si bien aún le queda trabajo por hacer y características por mejorar (widget de los inputs por ejemplo) tiene muy buena pinta.
- (2018-02-05) Bigattck Firecat: only saves it on other cloud serves. you need to add it and many unnecessary stuff
- (2017-09-02) Nathan Kimel: Il fallait bien le noter non ;)
- (2017-04-20) Stefan Moises: Nice Chrome integration, easy to use, Buttercup is a cool password manager with Electron client apps, Cloud support etc. which allows you to use your own infrastructure to store the password archives.
- (2019-09-11, v:2.8.2) Aurélien DAVID: Close automaticelly chrome
Hello, Everytime I unlock the vault on chrome it stop the browser. it's a kind of annoying... Can you help me ?
- (2019-06-21, v:2.7.0) f i n e s t: New Entry
After adding new entry, it saves but when i lock and then unlock it doesn't appear..
- (2018-11-29, v:2.1.1) Alabazter Al: Unable to save user & password
I got error code 400 (authentication problem) when I'm trying to save my ID. I use Dropbox integration. Please help..
- (2018-11-05, v:2.0.0) Tiziano Formica: Add archive from dropbox
when i try to add a archive from dropbox, in window "Choose or Create Vault" i see only the loader. i see in ispector the call xhr with status 200.
- (2018-07-14, v:1.10.0) Honza Pelikán: Automatic startup
Hello, since last updates Buttecup in every Chrome launch automatically open new tab to Unlock archive. That's a unwanted behaviour, at least for me. Is it possible add an option to enable or disable this feature? Thanks.
- (2017-11-28, v:0.14.2) Cori Haws: NextCloud
There is no nextcloud option for sync in the extension, like there is in the desktop and mobile aps.
- (2017-06-03, v:0.13.1) Roland Gmail: Add a file
Dear, Sorry for my bad english. Can i add a file (with token) in "Buttercup" ??