Quickly save web pages to the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine.
Quickly save web pages to the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine and see the last time your current page was archived. Features: - Detects if a page can or can not be archived. - Save pages, images and links via the right click (context) menu. - See the last time a page was archived. - Keep track of the number of pages that you have archived. This is an unofficial extension and is not sponsored, owned, or endorsed by the Internet Archive. Release History: https://github.com/VerifiedJoseph/Save-to-the-Wayback-Machine/releases
- (2022-04-09) Jolan XBL: Worked good for the most part but says they'll cancel support in January 2023, and recommends getting the official extension from the Archive themselves. Their icon is the same but inverted colors. So don't bother installing this one. Official extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wayback-machine/fpnmgdkabkmnadcjpehmlllkndpkmiak
- (2021-03-20) Noctuna: Minimalistic and does what it supposted to do
- (2021-02-19) Garbouw Deark: Pretty great! At worst it's a bit slow at times, but I think that has more to do with the Internet Archive being under a heavy load and not the extension.
- (2021-01-15) Олександр: The functionality doesn't work
- (2020-11-04) Rogerio M. Souza: Perfeito. Extensão muito útil e completa.
- (2020-10-23) Jeffery Downing: Works very well. I only have one issue: when archiving a page, if I change tabs and change back, I can no longer see the progress and have to reload the page to see if it successfully uploaded.
- (2020-08-27) Den Hette: Easily the most user friendly web archive addon I used so far. The only thing that could be better is a way to log in to your archive account so you could find your archived pages faster.
- (2020-02-24) Ciro Santilli: I only miss one thing: being able to login to web archive through the extension, and then "save to my archive" so I can later view all my archives.
- (2020-02-09) Ser Qualquer: Sensacional. Funciona perfeitamente.
- (2019-12-04) P N: Very useful, but the there are 2 flaws: You need to click on the icon to know if a page is already archived. It could be shown by an icon change. "Archive page", send the message "archiving page" (when processing), and "page archived", but it doesn't archive the page, you need to click "view page" (so the archived page) and it brings you to the Wayback machine page ready to archive your page. So, it's a progress, but you need several clicks, as the "archive page" doesn't work as intended.
- (2019-09-01) Dynasti Lisse Noble: It is pretty mediocre, since Web Archive hasn't working on my laptop and only phones. My screen is messed up because I was about to be tickled by Tamia. And by the time I try to archive everything, IT. DOESN'T WORK.
- (2019-07-12) Michael Leung: Used to work. Now I only get "An unkown error occurred. Try again later."
- (2019-07-10) Yonatan Frimer: Useful tool for re-backing up all your stuff and anything else online that you like
- (2019-06-20) Maksim Alyabyshev: Работает, если у вас появляется ошибка HTTP ERROR то используйте очистку кукисов. http://web.archive.org/__cleancookies__.html
- (2019-05-08) Alex Gently: awsome!! pretty better than official extension. so handy compared to my simple bookmarklet. thank u!
- (2019-04-12) el bull: crappy completely stopped working----deleted it and am now trying again
- (2019-02-04) Adam Yik: Combine with the autosave https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/368062-autosave-to-internet-archive-wayback-machine/code, this tool is useful for checking if the autosave works. Also, can you make the “View archived version” linked to the “https” version. Its currently going to the unencrypted version which is dangerous and that it is an oudated version. I've tested on most images and that they themselves, without the “if_/” display the image without the time bar at the top unlike the “https” version. (This is now fixed) Also, can you add an option when visiting a site, the extension automatically brings a message saying the page have been saved instead of having to click on the extension to see the save status.
- (2018-10-15) Miguel Mota: Does what's it's suppose to
- (2018-01-01) g.n .v: very handle and fast - thanks
- (2017-11-27) Frank Ellermann: Tested, works for me, but I'll try it as one line "Favlet" / "Bookmarklet" to get some visual feedback while web.archive.org/save/... is working.
- (2017-09-27) Thomas Suckow: Would be better if it preserved # in the route when loading the previous version.
- (2017-01-20) R Matse: love it, nice to achieve things for future generations or creatures (you never know)
- (2016-09-04) Kiwi Chips: I am able to both archive pages, and load archived pages of sites very easily.
- (2016-07-11) miawcan: bu uygulamayı web sayfamızı kaydetmek içn kullanaıyoruz. gerçekten başarılı. iş kazaıarı haberlerini tarihe yazdırıp silinmemesi için yalin osgb 'de bulunan tüm haberleri arşivliyoruz.
- (2020-03-30, v:5.4.1) Adam Yik: “Page has not been archived”
When viewing pages that have been saved, it always say “Page has not been archived”. Tested this on “google.com” (saved 5.3 billion times). Not sure if the IA updated its API that information sent back to the user is different or not.
- (2019-10-01, v:5.3.3) Jim McDonald: Extension hasn't worked for a couple weeks.
It says it has archived the page, but it hasn't (verified by checking the archive). It seems like this may be a problem with the Internet Archive itself. Any idea what's going on?
- (2019-02-04, v:5.2.2) Adam Yik: An option to automatically display the save status of the page?
I was thinking of adding an option to make it display a notification that the page have been saved automatically instead of having to click on the extension to see it. This works well with the autosave script for Tampermonkey that autosaves the site - https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/368062-autosave-to-internet-archive-wayback-machine
- (2018-08-22, v:5.1.4 (Released 06/04/18)) Fred Fernandes: It broke
stopped working from a day to other
- (2018-04-17, v:5.1.4 (Released 06/04/18)) el bull: does not work all of a sudden
it stopped working...
- (2018-03-15, v:5.1.3 (Released 02/11/17)) Ennis: URL's with options and parameters are treated seperately
A URL with parameters or a section market (e.g. url#section) are treated seperately from the actual url.
- (2017-04-25, v:4.4.0 (Released 17/03/17)) Janice Janice: Add Citation Manager Features?
I love this extension, it does what it needs to do, and does it well within the rules of the internet. While this is probably a pipe dream, the Internet Archive is great for managing online sources used in writing, especially as data is removed from the internet that was once cited in publication. For this reason I archive anything I might be writing about to make sure it's accessible next time I or someone else may want to go back to it. I also use that url in my reference section. It would be amazing to integrate those steps by combining the functions of Save to Wayback Machine extension with one that also captures APA and other citation information like the Apogee extension does and RefMe used to. Assuming some funds would be needed to make this happen development wise, if users could pay for this through the Internet Archive, it could be tax deductible and also generally help the IA since they are 501c3. This seems like something they might support.
- (2017-02-04, v:4.3.1 (Released 27/09/16)) Mustafa Dilaver: kitap sayfaları
Chrome da kitap sayfaları fotoğraf olarak görünmüyor. sayfa çevirme gerçekleşmiyor. "Firefox da görünüyor"!