Abstract search tool
PubMed Genius is a simple search tool to make running queries on PubMed more convenient and quick. Often, you want to quickly get a refresher on a particular topic or term but you don't want to lose your place in the paper you're reading. You can simply click on the PubMed Genius icon in your toolbar to open a small popup window to run an abstract search for a particular term. If you'd like, you can drill down to the paper to take a closer look and when you're done, click back on your browser and the popup disappears. If you highlight a word on the page (of any website), right click and select the PubMed Genius menu item, you can run a search of the highlighted term in a new tab. It's that easy!
- (2021-02-07) Jonathan Mesiano-Crookston: It didn't work at all. Decent idea, although could just use a separate tab for that, too.
- (2020-02-05) Tao Guo: Excellent extension!
- (2019-09-17) Miguel Villegas: I love this extension, saves me a lot of time. But the feature of the right click menu disappears every once in a while, I need to dissinstall and install again, several times a day. Could that be fixed :)?
- (2021-10-23, v:1.2) Tom Lahey: Does not work
Does not work
- (2017-12-19, v:1.2) Seidu A. Richard -PhD: The app does appear when I restart my chrome
The app does appear when I restart my chrome. Although the app on the control bar, when I double click a link or highlight the link, the app doesn't appear on the as one of the search options. It totally disabled. It appear when I re-instill the the appear. You need an update to resolve this issues.