Take back your online privacy by using Startpage as your default search engine.
- (2020-07-10) Дмитрий Сергеевич Дюгаев: Зато не Гугл.
- (2020-06-29) JONATHAN NOTTEBAERE: merci beaucoup j'aime cette page pour des recherche comme des news sur nos stars .
- (2020-04-14) Sylvain Malfettes: Les résultats me semblent pertinents mais pourquoi le navigateur Brave bloque 3 trackers sur la page d'accueil si c'est anonyme ? Il semble que quelque chose est contradictoire.
- (2020-03-12) Furkan Oezbek: Funktioniert hervorragend.
- (2020-03-03) salem adili: pages wont load at all with this extension when i use startpage.com instead of the extension the pages load sometimes which is better than never.
- (2020-01-19) Eliot Cole: I mean, it doesn't state Opera compatibility, but I was hoping to at least have automatic searches from the search box (not omni), bit sad, violins, please. ;-) It's great for chrome, but I prefer to set things manually, there.
- (2019-12-11) Krishna Murphy: My only issue with an otherwise wonderful search tool is that, when used with Torch browser, it allows the New Page function to create an override with another search engine in the main view, which gets the focus when the New Page loads, and thus requiring an extra click to get the focus back to the omnibox and thus use SP instead of e.g. Bing.
- (2019-11-26) Norman Roscher: Funktioniert leider überhaupt nicht. Startpage.com erscheint nicht in der Liste der Suchmaschinen und wird auch nicht als Standardsuchmaschine gesetzt.
- (2019-11-09) matthew johns: This is quoting your own description page- "Take back your online privacy by using Startpage.com as your default search engine. This privacy extension changes your default search engine to Startpage.com. Startpage offers high quality search results without any trackers or ads that follow you." Does not actually set the default search engine as Startpage.com, default search engine remains 100% unchanged.... AKA this extension is useless as it does not even follow its own description.
- (2019-10-23) Ben Johnson: As others have noted, this extension's value proposition is limited in that it doesn't offer much (if anything) beyond adding StartPage as a Search Engine manually. The only feature this extension provides beyond the simple convenience of adding StartPage and making it the default search engine is that it sets the search mode to POST, so that the search query does not appear in the URL, which improves privacy against ISP and corporate snooping considerably. The problem, however, is that POST mode is enabled only in the Vivaldi browser, and not in Chrome, Chromium, or Firefox. Furthermore, there appears to be no option to change this behavior. If there is some limitation in the aforementioned browsers that prevents POST mode from being used, this fact should be stated, clearly, as a limitation of the browsers and not the extension!
- (2019-09-16) Gerard te Meerman: works flawless and adds some privacy
- (2019-09-09) Kelly Finnerty: Easy to use and appreciate being able to search and browse results with privacy. This is great if you are searching for flights and want to get the best prices. Startpage is also based in Europe and users are protected by GDPR.
- (2019-08-23) Spencer Mathews: I love Startpage but this extension is of little value, unless you can't be bothered to manually add Startpage as a search engine. Note that when Startpage is added as a search engine in Chrome—either manually or through the extension—it will transmit search terms in the URL query component. This may be slightly less secure than searching directly from the Startpage site, in which case nothing is exposed in the URL. Be aware that this extension also replaced the new tab page with one that is almost indistinguishable but minus the default search bar and any customized favorites (including the ability to customize them).
- (2019-08-15) Delenn Gadgaard Ribes: Easy to install and easy to use. No issues at all.
- (2019-07-24) Skid Kadda: Like it!
- (2019-07-17) Dany Frank: en essaie
- (2019-07-05) Jeff Milne: I've used Startpage (and IXquick.com) for many years. It's an essential tool and I'll never use any browser until this is installed. I don't understand the low ratings. I've used the service so long I don't even remember how many years that I've used it. During this time - I've never once had an issue with installing, using, or with the results that it provides. Some people don't care about privacy. To each their own I say.
- (2019-07-02) Kyle Nelson: Finally found a search engine that A) is a quality search engine worth using (e.g. NOT duckduckgo) B) protects my privacy Nice.
- (2019-05-24) Dieter Till: ich bin sehr zufrieden denn ich Brauchre es für wow und das ist ein Anitivrus sehr gut.
- (2019-04-06) Detlef: Useless!
- (2018-10-30) lowpoly brain: It is useless. All I wanted to do is use startpage automatically + autosuggest + ability to save settings across devices. All this extension does is forcing startpage.com as default search engine. Useless, as I could do that without the extension.
- (2018-06-29) What does this do beside adds an icon to my browser? Doesn't load the startpage, doesn't bring up any window for me to type in. It most certainly does not change my default search engine to SP. SP isn't even in the list of choices.
- (2018-02-14) Rizon Rock: nice