Prevents Google from tracking your searches.
Searchonymous helps to keep your Google searches private: When installed no tracking cookies are sent to Google while searching. That way Google will not be able to connect searches with your account or create a search history. Also you will not receive customized search results. When the add-on is active it seems to Google that are logged out of your Google account during searches (see the the "Sign in" button at the top right). However you stay logged in on other Google services such as Youtube or Gmail. If you want to change your Google search settings, make sure to allow the "Search Preferences Cookie" in the add-on settings. By default the preferences-cookie will be blocked which effectively discards any changes to your search settings. Please note that there are other means of tracking this add-on can't protect you against, such as using your IP address or browser fingerprint.
- (2023-07-29) Max Payne: Fantastic extension. Very useful for privacy and getting rid of captcha while using vpn.
- (2023-07-24) Breaking Bad: So far it's working great, letting me search google without an account but not signing me out of other google sites. also I haven't encountered captcha or agreeing the google terms pop-up. Will update my rating if anything changes...
- (2023-07-20) Max Schwarz: Awesome, thanks for fixing it!1
- (2022-08-23) Streetk53: Still doesn't work. Doesn't show images
- (2022-01-09) MaxPayne OS: Works as intended!
- (2020-08-23) Pono Gaby: Excellent extension, wonder why more people don't use it. . .
- (2019-04-27) Hal Jarrett: Not working on Opera browser. It shows Google account in top right-hand corner.
- (2018-10-01) Addi Z: ist okay.
- (2018-05-21) Account Deleted: Web Dev here: Only a few lines of code it seems (peeked at the code). Also, if you do a before and after, you can see that cookies are no longer sent on google requests :).
- (2018-04-17) E. O.: good, does what expected. To all who thinks about how to check whether it works: - open google.com - login to google (top on the right) - refresh google.com - you are logged in (top on the right you'll see you avatar) - fill any search query into google.com and enter - you get SERP and on top on the right you'll see the login button "login" - you are logged out, - open google.com in another tab - you are logged in
- (2017-03-10) The idea is nice ,but how to check if it works or not?
- (2016-06-16) Alejandro Martinez: Cool! works great
- (2016-05-08) Drew: Not really sure if this works or not. Is there a way to test or find out myself?
- (2022-02-04, v:1.1.1) matt wilson: does this work on a chromebook?
I see this works on my pc but cannot get this running on my chromebook chrome browser?
- (2019-02-24, v:1.1) Ice Man: Gmail issue
Hey, when I login into gmail, chrome is hanging in a loop. Same when I open a link in a mail. When I disable the extension the issue is gone. Thanks!
- (2019-01-31, v:1.0.5) PJSGBC: Update
Hey guys... love this extension. Looks like it is not working on today's Chrome update. Plans on updating?
- (2017-08-14, v:1.0.5) phly95 :: change permissions to only allow changes to google sites
change permissions to only allow changes to google sites, since I don't think this needs access to other sites