Apartment Ratings based on official data from the City of New York.
Every apartment rental site has different inventory. Rentlogic rates them all. Wherever you find your apartment, Rentlogic shows you everything you need to know to make the right choice. View quality of life ratings from A to F for every rental building in NYC, and spot problems like roaches, bedbugs, heat and hot water issues, and more. We use publicly available official NYC data to offer background checks and building histories on every landlord and apartment building in New York City, right there on the rental site. Add the extension to your browser now, and instantly view quality ratings on any site you choose. No matter where you search, always look up the Rentlogic rating first — it’s free, and always will be!
- (2017-10-10) Daniel Barankin: Incredible app. Really a life saver. Before Rentlogic, I was wasting a ton of time trying to research each individual building. This really helped. Thanks!
- (2017-10-10) Su Vian Thean: I’ve never had such easy access to specific information when it comes to apartments so I think this extension is amazing. The grading system is very user-friendly. With 2 clicks, I can immediately view details about any NY building for rent in terms of city-verified information and transportation options. Instead of going from one listing to another, I can quickly make an informed choice with Rentlogic. I’ll definitely be keeping this extension on hand.
- (2017-10-06) Olga Bilynska: It wasn’t easy to find a proper apartment nearby Murray Hill without Rentlogic, as I’m not a local in NYC. Luckily my colleagues recommended me to install this extension for Chrome, which brilliantly works together with PadMapper. I enjoyed the search because the extension allows using various filters, such as price, length of rent, etc. Also, you may search in a specific area of the city. The purpose of the extension is to show the history of the properties and its current conditions. Finally I have a source I can trust.
- (2017-10-06) jean doherty: I am impressed with this extension! I love how it works with the websites I already like to use to search for properties, like Zillow etc. Easy, quick way to get additional information about properties. I'd like to see this become available in other cities!
- (2017-10-05) Marko Bancevic: Rentlogic takes official data from the City of New York and uses it to rate buildings. The ratings include problems with heat, hot water, mold, or bedbugs. It works really fast, as soon as you pick an apartment you can see the information and past issues. Also you can go to "View More Building Information'' where it tells how many complaints there were in the past . My favorite part is the transportation list where you can see closest subways, bus stations and airports and how much time it takes you to get there by driving or walking. I think it is really useful, and makes renting in NYC simpler.
- (2017-10-05) Bojan Milosevic: I liked the fact it allows me to check all the main aspects of living conditions, such as plumbing, heating and etc. Grading process is very convenient and simple to understand. The only thing I encountered is that the ''looking for building information'' time is sometimes too long.
- (2017-09-26) James Ross: I spent about an hour trying out the Rentlogic extension for Chrome, looking for apartments in New York City. I paired it with the PadMapper apartment search website. I mainly searched for apartments in the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn, since I lived there for nearly 25 years and know it fairly well. The extension is free, and it installed quickly--no issues there. I found it very easy to use. It began to work on its own once I started to search for apartments. For most apartment listings, Rentlogic was able to immediately and automatically find the listing, and provide information on any complaints or violations. The information comes from 311, the NYC service that provides the public with access to New York City government services and information. Occasionally, Rentlogic was not able to find the information on a rental, but typing the address was usually enough to bring up a report. There were a few apartment listings that returned no results. What do you see in the reports? First of all, there is an overall grade rating for the building: A -Excellent, B – Good, C – Needs improvement, or F – Unacceptable. The owner’s name is given. You also see the number of complaints made by tenants to #311, as well as any problems or violations from NYC departments. The violations, such as heat violations, mold, or rodents, are shown. There is also general information about amenities, transportation, and more. I was impressed with the extension and the service. It seems to need a little work for responsiveness and completeness, but I think this is just a matter of time. I would certainly use it to find a new place to live in the city. Why not? The extension is free, and every bit of information helps.
- (2017-09-21) Mike Ben: I have used many chrome extensions in the past, but Rentlogic is definitely one of the best I’ve tried. Renting an apartment in New York has always been a headache (as you probably could guess). With Rentlogic, accidently leasing a bad apartment in NYC isn’t a problem anymore. They offer exclusive building ratings so that you can make an informed purchase. I have been using the Rentlogic chrome extension and it has so far been superb for me. I don’t have to stress much as it is always available, giving me quality feedback while I’m looking up listings on PadMapper. You can know from the best to the worst neighborhood in an instant with Rentlogic. What they offer you is transparency you cannot find anywhere else.
- (2017-09-20) Marie Eloise Enriquez: The rentlogic chrome extension is super convenient. I like how the ratings are presented because you can really identify which months are rated as A (excellent) and which are F (failed). The results are also justified by showing all the violations which led to the poor rating. The extension also retrieves the information quickly which is a big plus.
- (2017-09-07) Russell Johnson: This plugin really helped me when looking for a new apartment. I was new to NYC and it gave me information on each building that I otherwise would struggled to find such as rodents/bugs and even pipes.