Displays an icon linking to comments on Hacker News for the current page.
The icon is displayed only for pages that have been discussed on Hacker News. Keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+Y: open comments in a new tab Alt+Y: open comments in the current tab The extension does not collect any data. Note however that the URLs of pages you visit will be sent over https to HNSearch (https://hn.algolia.com) which is hosted by a YC company Algolia. The extension does not have permission to access data on websites you visit.
- (2019-03-27) Tadas Milkintas: It would be great if the toolbar icon would have a badge with a number of comments in example, like this reddit one does: http://bit.ly/2YvaH0T
- (2016-06-07) Rubén Gómez: Great tool thank you! Please could you add the option of open the discussion in a new tab?
- (2016-05-18) Morgan Sutherland: Very unfortunately has stopped work – any chance of an update?
- (2015-03-21) Guten Ye: It works like a charm
- (2020-05-02, v:1.9) Ofir Israel: HTTP OR HTTPS
Hey I used it for a url starting with http:// and couldn't find the discussion on the same page but submitted to HN with https://. When you check, can you check for both options?
- (2014-02-17, v:1.6) T.J. Barbour: Enable opening comments in new tab
It would be nice to allow an option or allow (CTRL|CMD)+CLICK to open the comments in another tab. Otherwise this is a pretty nice extension!