The all-in-one search tool: select and search. Find on multiple websites at once. Easy anonymous setup. Cross-browser sync.
############# NEW in Quick Search v1.9.*: 🌟 New lighter, brighter more compact design. 🌟 Multiline Search to search multiple search-terms at once. 🌟 Draggable overlay. 🌟 New options: turn on/off the extras section independently for overlay and context menu, change the conversion timer to make links a selectable text. ############# 👁🗨 Get a detailed feature and permission overview on our Quick Search product page: https://trufflepiggy.com/quicksearch 🎬 Check out our Quick Search v1.9.0 update video to see what else is new: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxSRtPIwu7I Easily boost your productivity and search like a pro with our full-featured search-extension: ⌚️ Save time: Just select and search. No need to open a new search engine tab inbetween, reenter search terms or wait for results you don't want. 📚 Search on multiple sites at once: compare prices and translations and search for images, movies, or papers on all your favourite websites at once with just one click. 🔍 Search via overlay, context menu (right click), or omnibar. You don't need all options. Just turn them off in our addon options. 🖼 Reverse-image search. Just right click on any image and find it instantly on Google images, Tineye, Yandex, Baidu or Bing. 🏎 Quick Access to our complete search library. You want to search on a site thats not among your favourite list? Easy just type "!sitename" or any abbreviation to quickly find and access any site search. 💰Save money: check if the sale price is really the cheapest or if your other favourite and trusted shopping sites have better offers. Often used e.g. to compare Steam Sales with GOG and Humble Bundle prices 👌. ❤️ Use your fav input: you can use Trufflepiggy entirely by keyboard, mouse or mixed. Whatever suits you best. ✍️ Personalise: select from or a growing list of searches or add your own within seconds. 🏆 Another great PRO feature is that you can select text in links. Just click and hold and you can select any text within a link and without any keyboard interaction. 🔨 This product is under active development. There are many features on its way. If you have ideas, suggestions please drop us a line on facebook or twitter. More infos about us on our website. ######## CHANGELOG ############## Version 1.8.*: 🌟 Search all reverse-image search-items at once from your context menu. 🌟 Replaces deprecated webExtension API calls Version 1.7.*: 🏎 v1.7 now loads the overlay locally. A huge speed improvement especially for users outside of Europe. 🌟 v1.7.9 adds encoded plus4space search rule 🌟 v1.7.7 adds more new search-rules: URLs without protocol encoded/unencoded when search term is empty, use - instead of space. 🌟 Quick PDF fix for some new Chromium issues. 🌟 Bugfix when using QuickSearch as website launcher. 🌟 New Search rules: replace spaces with + or _ . 🌟 Custom shortcuts: based on your feedback we have added the option to add 100% custom shortcuts. You can even set different shortcuts based on the OSes you use: one for your Windows/Linux browser and one for your macOS browsers. 🌟 Auto-option loading on options page: When you change your Trufflepiggy - Quick Search options you don't have to reload the options page to see the new settings in action. 🌟 Improved auto-sync: when you keep your browser running for a long period of time it will sync new updated settings or search-items after 24 hours. 🌟 New option to load the latest version from the cloud. 🌟 Improved link2text conversion thanks to feedback from Fausto. 🌟 Link2text conversions can now be reverted also by using the ESC-key 🌟 Security update by replacing innerHTML setters with DOMParser. Version 1.6.*: 🌟 v1.6.3 adds support for multiple search-term occurences in search URLs. 🌟 Improved sync across all your devices and browsers. your setup and search-items now sync whenever you start your browser or switch your account. 🌟 Added manual sync from your context menu. 🌟 Works even if you don't use your native Chrome sync and our anonymous profiles. Version 1.5.* 🌟 Context Search is fully integrated - so you can search via overlay, context menu (right click) or from your omnibox. 🌟 Anonymous profiles - use everything completely anonymously 🌟 Cross browser & cross device: Quick Search uses native Chrome sync but also allows you to share you setup among different browsers like Firefox, Opera and Safari. 🌟 Favicons for all your search-items 🌟 Now also syncs with the latest Microsoft Edge browser 🌟 Fixing a bug that stores unnecessary information inside chrome.storage
- (2022-08-22) Johnny Rico: Great extension, I love tools like this for customization. Can't wait to have icons on Chrome !
- (2022-07-07) Сергей Друзь: Удобное, аналогов не видел, хоть и перелопатил кучу. 😉
- (2022-05-02) Monica Lee: 剛剛使用，出現一次錯亂，可能會剛剛使用，出現過一次錯亂，圖標很可愛。
- (2022-03-14) Ameya Deb: Great extension. Nearly all aspects can be customized and once the setup is done it's extremely useful. Highly recommended. Look forward to the custom reverse image search feature
- (2021-10-14) Armin Mutscheller: Schon nach wenigen Stunden merke ich: Ein Übersetzerleben ohne Trufflepiggy ist möglich, aber sinnlos. NOCH BESSER wäre es vielleicht, wenn man die Suchquellen im Overlay gruppieren könnte. Die durchgezählte Links-Rechts-Anordnung finde ich persönlich etwas unpraktisch, aber vielleicht habe ich ja etwas übersehen...
- (2021-07-25) Rüzgar Selvan: You should add minimalistic options such as removing hints, extras and the footer.
- (2021-05-29) Станислав Садыков: Отличное расширение
- (2020-09-29) Paul Edward: Simply amazing. One of the most useful extensions I have ever had the pleasure of using , and that's really saying something because I'm something of an extension junkie.. more of a extension-hopper, in the same way that one might be a distro-hopper in the linux community, though admitedly, it doesn't have the same ring to it. Tangent aside, I first DL'd Trufflepiggy Context Search several months back at random. I thought it sounded cool in theory but I wasn't expecting for it to redefine my entire context menu navigating experience/expectations, etc. Long story short, it was/is everything I've ever needed and I didn't even know it. Oh, and just to put it over the top, if the already superbly well-thought out options don't fit the bill for you, you can customize it from the ground up. That's actually how I came to find TP Quick Search, I was adding YouTube Music as an option and found theat QS includes all the features of context search and then some. oh, and also - next to no permissions necessary and you can elect to use it anonymous if you'd like, you just can't sync (there may be other downsides but I don't think so). I swear, I have no affiliation with TP, just get psyched when I come across sensible, well designed and conceived of software/tools .etc
- (2020-07-17) Adalbert P.: Très très bonne extension ! Elle facilite beaucoup les recherches. Et facile à configurer. C'est étonnant qu'elle n'ait pas plus d'utilisateurs, et ne soit pas plus connue.
- (2020-04-08) Saeed Mohammadi: That's more boosted than 'Instant Multi Search' chrome extension, and works well the same as 'Web Search Pro' firefox addon. Best regards.
- (2020-02-18) Renart la volpe: the ultimate best.
- (2019-11-11) Okita Toshimichi: I deleted all but Yandex and Google Image search but right click context meny keeps showing 5 with Baidu on top!!!!
- (2017-03-22) Philipp Leo: Great instant search. Fully customizable to my needs and easy to use. What is not to love?
- (2017-03-02) Shahin: broken trash. if you gave them permission take your time and go back and remove it. I
- (2016-08-03) Andi Poupsy: Finds, what I like to find faster - without annoying sidesteps. (After some cusomising)
- (2016-08-01) Petra Köstinger: So many amazing features! Try it, it's worth it!
- (2016-07-28) Matthias Jax: Eines der wenigen Plugins die wirklich Sinn machen. Spart Zeit, mach Spaß zu bedienen und ist super einfach.
- (2022-07-19, v:1.9.1) Paul Edward: Maybe some more information will be helpful
Hello, I left a very brief question a bit over a month ago and haven't heard anything in response but I also did a pretty poor job of explaining what I'd encountered (if I recall correctly, I was rushing out the door and just quickly typed my Question out thinking it could act as a placeholder and/or get a conversation started... Anyway, the very specific behavior I'm seeing, which is reproducible, is that the moment TrufflePiggy is enabled/activated, instead of what normally takes place when a hyperlink is middle-clicked with the mouse scroll wheel (open in a background tab), instead it highlights the hyperlink and doesn't open it at all. In the month+ I've been experiencing this, I've resorted to simply leaving TP disabled almost all of the time, only enabling it when I need it for more than a single search query here or there, but TBH, that's exactly where TP shines so it's a shame to have to leave it switched off for some bug, assuming that's what it is and it's not somehow caused by my configuration or something. the only relevant info I can think of to provide is that I'm actually using TP on Vivaldi but I just tested it out on my Pixelbook, which is using Chrome and not Vivaldi and it's occurring there as well. I would imagine since I can reproduce it on both browsers readily, that you should be able to as well. Hopefully this is an easy fix/patch! Because I really would like to get back to using TP the way I've grown accustomed to. Thanks for your time and consideration, and for an awesome extension! Paul
- (2022-06-10, v:1.9.1) Paul Edward: issues with the newest update?
any known issues with the newest update? I seem to be experiencing a couple...
- (2022-03-10, v:1.8.1) F T: Many questions
Hello, I have three questions. How can we use groups when searching in the trufflepiggy popup search menu? With this symbol "!" we can only search one site, is there a solution to use groups when searching popups? my second question; Is this plugin working for "POST ARG" searchs? my third question; Is there a solution to search two or more parameters such as <blabla.com?q=%S1+%S2>
- (2020-05-03, v:1.7.1) Adriano Garcez: Is it possible to show results on the pop up windows?
Is it possible to show results on the pop up windows, like in Opera's Instant Search?