Remove Pinterest from Google search results
Remove Pinterest from Google search results.
- (2021-01-17) Michael Ottinger: I LOVE this extension. The only problem is: When it's on, Google Maps doesn't work. EVEN THOUGH it doesn't put "-site:pinterest.*" into the search bar, Maps still can't find anything except specific addresses. So if you type "grocery store," Google Maps can't find anything. Even "123 Main Street" doesn't work. You have to type "123 Main St." and even then it's extremely picky. But even so, this extension is so great, it's still worth having to turn it off every time I use Google Maps.
- (2021-01-12) Adrian Torres: works perfectly , 1/12/2021
- (2021-01-05) L. L. Yarbrough: I'm rating a five because I didn't know how much I loved this extension until it quit working. It quit working 1/5/21 at about 4pm Central time. I removed and reinstalled. Still not working. Pinterest is a f*****ing cancer.
- (2020-12-30) Shawn Setnicky: Pure garbage, because when this is enabled it makes Google Maps not function at all. You search for ANYTHING and it's not found. had to remove this extension.
- (2020-12-23) Nick Aschenbecker: Finally, after putting up with this illegal site's data pollution for, what? 10 years? Something that permanently removes it without me having to type in the exclusion script each and every time I use Google. To put it bluntly, whoever made this, you're a mensch.
- (2020-12-11) keith wren: How wonderful to remove that. revolting Virus sucking blood from google search!!! many many THANKS!!!!
- (2020-12-11) Lawkey: Idk if it's me that don't know how to use it but when I use reverse image search, the extension don't work. If I do a "normal" search it's okay, but tbh I needed the extension to find art sources easily without being drowned by pinterest reposts so... If it's doesn't filter for reverse image search it's useless to me.
- (2020-12-06) Jason Merrell: Installed extension, made sure it was on, did a Google image reverse search, nearly every result was pinterest. If it still lets every other country's pinterest results through, it isn't useful. I don't want pinterest, period.
- (2020-12-05) Dustin Short: Works great at adding a " -site:pinterest.*" tag to every google search to filter out pinterest. Unfortunately the implementation also seems to break google maps (couldn't search for restaurants when enabled, disabling immediately allowed restaurant search to work properly again). I checked and there wasn't a way to exclude the extension from the maps page easily, so had to uninstall.
- (2020-12-01) Арсений Веденин: This is amazing, I've been looking for the way to get rid of the useless ointerest links and images in search for ages, thank you very much!
- (2020-11-24) ChimPum: Funciona, gracias por poner un nuevo parche ya no me aparece nada de printrest♥
- (2020-11-22) C H: Does not appear to be working in the main search nor in image results.
- (2020-11-21) Dee G: Bless you! I've been trying to figure out how to remove pinterest from chrome for years. Best creation since sliced bread :P
- (2020-11-18) Peter Ferguson: It appears that it gets rid of Pinterest.com sites, but seems to allow Pinterest.ca sites. So the majority of Pinterest links are disabled, some are still sneaking through. This app should really disable all pinterest sites with various country extensions.
- (2020-11-17) Brandon Harrison: This extension plugs a Google search modifier every time you search on google. While it works for its intended purpose of removing pinterest search results, it also breaks a few things. The biggest bug, for me, is searching VIA google maps. The extension continues to place the -site:"pinterest modifier, which google interprets as part of the search string and then returns 0 results of nearby businesses. Again, it works for its intended use case, but has some unforeseen issues crop up in wider use.
- (2020-11-17) Zoogle: Great extension. It's just too bad that we even need a 3rd party piece of software to fix the cancer of Pinterest. Would have been nicer if Google would just cut them off from all search results and let that awful site die.
- (2020-11-10) jk w: 5/5 this extension makes you have a longer lifespan for sure!
- (2020-10-24) Jonny Wonderland: Great but breaks maps I love this extension but using it totally screws up maps.google.com it makes it come up with no results even if you delete the -site functionality. I use maps on a daily basis so I'm constantly having to toggle this extension off and on. If it could be written to not function when using maps that would be great.
- (2020-10-19) tre murillo: Works as described. The only downside is that it breaks Google Maps search. With Unpinterested enabled, go to https://maps.google.com and enter a search term. It will say it's unable to find results.
- (2020-10-04) James Moore: From the looks of it this worked at some point. I did an image search and 31 of the 32 results where Pinterest. I tried it again turning on and off so 4 times with same results.
- (2020-10-03) Palle Christiansen: Nice to get rid of Pinterest, but it looks like the plugin have some unwanted effect on search in google.maps.com
- (2020-09-24) Bestsoft100: Google maps doesn't work when it is activated
- (2020-09-24) Fredrik Josefsson: Just installed. But seems to do what it says, and I love it!
- (2020-09-16) Catherine Prickett: This will only work if you're typing a search into the Google search bar. It would be much more useful for my purposes if it could also be made to work on reverse image searches -- that is, if I want to find out an image source, right-click it, and select "Search Google for image".
- (2020-09-16) Christopher Jones: It completely broke my Maps searches
- (2020-09-14) Venom Chris: I have been loving this app, But recently Google Maps no longer shows up in my Google Search because of this extension. It has always worked up until very recently. If I turn off unpinterested then Google Maps will show up properly in my Google Searches....
- (2020-09-14) Alex Webber: I don't know when this started but this extension now breaks google maps. When you search for something, it says "Google Maps can't find supermarket" (for example) and then in the title of the tab it says "supermarket -site:pinterest.*". Obviously the extension is inserting the -site:pinterest.* part and breaking the search. Disabling the extension fixes it.
- (2020-09-01) pablo federico: No bloquea pinterest
- (2020-09-01) Gabriel Verreault: Works as advertised, could be much better. All it does it append -site:pinterest.* to all your searches. I wish you could set it to only apply to image searches or be more specific. For example, if you google an address and hit the 'Map' tab on Google, it will fail to find anything since the "-" does not apply for maps.
- (2020-08-31) Sebastian Thörn: Removes the possibility to dp calculations in chrome amongs other things.
- (2020-08-31) Reez Warner: Finally! Been looking something like this to block that stupid pinterest results all over google search! Thanks!!!
- (2020-08-29) Benjamin Pyke: It USED TO work perfectly, but recently it started adding "-site:pinterest.*" to all google searches, not just image searches. Most of the time this is harmless but unnecessary. However, it makes it IMPOSSIBLE to search for anything on Google Maps! The addition of "-site:pinterest.*" confuses google maps so much that it's unable to find anything and simply deleting "-site:pinterest.*" doesn't work because when you press enter, this extention adds it again. I have had to disable this extention to be able to use Google Maps and will probably remove it if the developers don't fix this issue. Either revert it so that it only adds "-site:pinterest.*" to image searches, or give us settings so that we can choose which kind of searches it is added to. I loathe Pinterest with as much passion as anyone here, but destroying the search function in Google Maps is not a price I'm prepared to pay.
- (2020-08-25) Aluzionz: I'm giving this 3 stars as it's causing issues with my google maps searches. When searching normal google, everything is fine, however when searching on maps for known addresses (Including my own) I receive "Google Maps can't find My house, my street, my city, my country. Make sure your search is spelled correctly. Try adding a city, state, or zip code. If the developer could somehow add functionality to have the extension not make changes to google maps searches, I can see me downloading this again in the future. Until then, google maps is too important for me when planning routes so will have to remove.
- (2020-08-25) Juana Basat: It doesn´t work
- (2020-08-23) foulball3: Used to work great. Would filter out pinterest on my google images only. Now it filters my standard google searches as well, which ruins the algorithm and I don't get the results I want. If you could bring it back to only filtering image search results, that would be amazing. Until then, uninstalled.
- (2020-08-23) Jon Burns: Can no longer perform calculations in search bar
- (2020-08-22) Kenneth Kaneshiro: It works by always adding the filter text to your google searches which is fine, but this interferes with many of google's functions like the calculator, or converting times to local time, etc. If it had a setting to only remove pinterest from IMAGE search results it would be perfect
- (2020-08-20) Senior Van: Well, it works initially, but as soon as you click 1 picture, a subscreen opens and all the pinterest results are bake im afraid. Im using Chrome on windows 10.
- (2020-08-15) Rafael S.W: stopped working after a few weeks. I changed to Ublacklist which had more options too for blocking other junk sites too https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublacklist/pncfbmialoiaghdehhbnbhkkgmjanfhe/related?hl=en
- (2020-08-04) Michael Crews: I just installed and tested this and it is not working. I restarted Chrome to be sure and it does not filter the results of my searches as described. Would be great if updated. Thanks!!
- (2020-08-03) Myke Tyson: It doesn't work for me, wish it worked :(
- (2020-08-01) Kevin: Does not work anymore, look elsewhere.
- (2020-07-29) Harry B: May have worked at some time, but no longer does anything... Shame, guess it's not being updated.. How about we just tell pinterest to shut down... no one wants them..
- (2020-07-12) noa peled: Didn't block out pinterest...
- (2020-07-05) Colton Price: Easily the most important of all my extensions. Pinterest is an absolute smut site, just wholly terrible. I can't tell you how many times I have had some pinterest filth show up in a ligitmate research based google search. Search anything and everything, and pinterest will be one of the top results. Why? Because they clearly pay google way too much for advertising placements and high search results. If you click the result, pinterest takes you to a screen which won't let you see the pseudo-information unless you sign in. Which means compromising your soul and intelligence, for a pinterest account. I wouldn't do it, I never will. Finally, we can be free of that rotten search page stain. Thank you to whoever made this, you are a hero.
- (2020-06-25) Patrick Boersma: Not sure if this broke recently, but doing a quick search with all options enabled resulted in many Pinterest results in both regular and image search. Really wish this worked.
- (2020-06-24) John Gardner: Doesn't exclude Pinterest in image searches. Doesn't exclude Pinterest in normal search. YOU HAVE ONE JOB!!! Chrome Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- (2020-04-16) Zach Gates: Literally does nothing. I am getting Pinterest results from every single domain Pinterest has. The com, ca, fr, au, everywhere.
- (2020-04-14) Vincent Fenijn: Does not seem to block pinterest.co.uk, is this region specific?
- (2020-04-04) lowpoly brain: Works great! The only thing is pinterest "mirrors" like pinterest.ch and pinterest.co.kr, that still litter my search...
- (2021-01-24, v:0.2.6) Allegra Bottlik: Issues with google maps
Hello, is there a way to make the extension not add -pinterest when using google maps?
- (2021-01-12, v:0.2.6) David Brophy: Easy way to disable
This is an amazing extension, thanks for creating it! My only problem is when I try to do a unit conversion like "10 miles in km"... now Google doesn't see it as a unit conversion. Perhaps if the search query starts with a space, you can disable the pinterest search term injection?
- (2020-08-23, v:0.2.6) Paul Lessing: Adds "-site:pinterest.*" to all searches, breaking maps
Since a few days ago, this extension adds the "-site:pinterest.*" query to all searches, not just image searches. This breaks Maps, because maps cannot handle a `-site:` query.
- (2020-08-02, v:0.2.1) Dianne Atkins: UNPinterest is
Pinterest is still showing up on my searches. I have installed the extension and still pinterest is showing up. Help please .www.pinterest.ca
- (2020-06-14, v:0.2.1) Kaleb Troy: Extension stops working after chrome is closed
It works fine until I close my browser, then stops doing anything useful at all the next time I open chrome. I have to remove and re-install the extension literally every time I open my web browser to get this extension to work. This needs to be addressed, because I am not the only one requesting the problem to be fixed.
- (2020-06-05, v:0.2.1) Robyn Beagle: Not working
I just installed this a few days ago, and I've re-checked the settings over and over, but it's not working. My google search results are at least half pinterest results. You have good reviews but it seems others are recently having the same issue?
- (2020-05-22, v:0.2.1) Rayan A: Extension stops working all the time.
I'm fed up with pinterest results on my Google searches so I installed this extension and it worked fine at 1st. But now it stops working randomly and I have to reset it all the time or I have to uninstall and reinstall it all the time and this extension is just not functioning. I notice that a lot of people complain about this too. please fix it.
- (2020-05-17, v:0.2.1) VRArt1: Not Working?
I've tried doing an image search and still appear to be receiving Pinterest results.
- (2020-03-24, v:0.2.1) Chocolate Cosmos: Stops working
This stops working every time I shut Chrome and I have to keep reinstalling
- (2020-02-04, v:0.2.1) Eva Allan: Pinterest still showing up even in image searches
It worked fine for a few days but i'm still getting pinterest results in my image searches regularly.
- (2020-01-16, v:0.2.1) Tavia Hembling: Not blocking Pinterest in searches
I would just like some instructions on how to use Unpinterested, there doesn't seem to be any and if it's automatically supposed to work, it's not.
- (2019-12-22, v:0.2.1) 老美: not functioning
It use to work fine both image search and normal search , but now it can't even block pinterested from image search , what may cause this problem?
- (2019-12-06, v:0.2.1) Blake Senseman: unpinterested
It's no longer working. Pinterest results showing up all over the place. gack!