Browse Amazon and get the local bookshop price, which is sometimes cheaper. Buy online and pick up or get it delivered.
This extension works for Amazon UK only. US, Canada, Australia and Germany in the works. Amazon isn’t always cheaper than your local bookshop – You could use Bookindy to ensure you’re buying at the cheapest price. Books are sometimes out of stock on Amazon, but in stock at your local bookshop – You could use Bookindy to buy a book before it’s restocked on Amazon. Bookindy uses a brilliant service for independent bookshops called Hive, who deliver books directly from the wholesaler. Whether you pick up or get it delivered, your local bookshop benefits. You could use Bookindy to support your local independent bookshop and never actually visit it! Install and see for yourself.
- (2020-11-30) Louise Sanderson: It does not work. I have looked for several well known books and there is no option to collect form local bookstore. Very disappointing.
- (2020-06-27) Alex Gibson: It looks like this extension hasn't been in development for a while, so this may be a moot point. It used to work so well (5 stars!) but it looks as if Amazon has found a way to block it. On top of that, I have just realised today that the extension being enabled is the cause of some frustrating issues I've been having with Amazon since the start of lockdown, i.e. only able to view the first product image and clicking images reveals a large blank white pop-up which then freezes over the rest of the page until it is manually refreshed. Disable the extension and the problem goes away...
- (2017-10-03) Andreja Nagy: Very cool - I can support my local independent bookstores.
- (2016-01-28) al fox: We all know why we should question purchasing from Amazon. Have used this for a while and it's a great addition. I often find that the book is actually cheaper.
- (2015-12-11) Amaury Liet: Highly useful for broke students trying to still read as much as possible :) Can't wait to see it be expanded to other countries
- (2015-08-18) Scott McQuade: Cheaper at my local store... "506 miles" away. Can't even do metric?
- (2015-08-14) Paul H: Great idea. Wish I'd thought of it! And an eye-opener to find bookstore prices cheaper than Amazon.
- (2015-07-02) Nathan Nelson: Great extension, and the prices from local book shops are often cheaper than Amazon.
- (2015-06-26) Mars Magenta: UK only, which isn't mentioned in the description.
- (2015-06-25) Rick Williams: So simple - and so satisfying to know that money is going to the right place
- (2015-06-18) Frankie Wittevrongel: Absolutely amazing :)
- (2015-06-17) Síofra Clancy: Brilliant!
- (2015-06-08) Tiina Björk: What a great idea! I love my local bookshop but have got used to the convenience of buying books online. Bookindy gives me the best of both worlds! Have already ordered 2 books :)
- (2015-06-03) Alistair Kilpatrick: Simply brilliant.
- (2015-05-27) Tom Szekeres: Fantastic idea, and importantly a great execution. People out there really do want to support their local book-seller – Bookindy have take the friction out of doing so. Genius.
- (2015-05-21) Kerry Robinson: just awesome
- (2015-05-20) Ezequiel Asnaghi: Brilliant idea!
- (2015-05-19) Jonathan Plackett: So clever!
- (2015-05-19) Matthias Metternich: Well done to the Bookindy team for making it somehow magically easy to get the best prices AND support my local bookshop.
- (2016-10-14, v:1.2.3) Firefox
I would be very happy to use Bookindy, but I use Firefox and am not willing to install Chrome just for this one application. Do you have plans for a Firefox add-on?
- (2016-10-14, v:1.2.3) Terence Bentley: Firefox version please
I deeply dislike Chrome. I use Firefox and occasionally Safari. Please provide alternatives for non-Chrome browsers...
- (2016-09-13, v:1.2.3) Sachin Patel: Library integration
It would absolutely make this app if you could also show if the book was available in your local library.
- (2016-03-31, v:1.2.3) Dan Harvey: Wrong location
It keeps on suggesting a bookshop as being 4.4 miles away, when in fact it's 60 miles away - can I set my location on the extension?
- (2016-03-07, v:1.2.3) Daniel von Marschall: ¿España/Spain?
Hi, have you evaluated already Spanish Market?
- (2015-10-13, v:1.2.3) Kayla Gregory: Certain editions of books
When bookindy is telling me that I can get the book from my local bookstore is it offering the same edition? I know that is probably difficult to do but that is important me.
- (2015-08-17, v:1.2.1) Terry Hickman: UK only?
Will this be available in the US someday? I hope?
- (2015-06-16, v:1.1.2) Dennis Smith: Does not display in amazon
It's added to Chrome but does not display on Amazon.
- (2015-06-08, v:1.0.2) David Newton: Firefox?
Would use it occasionally on Chrome, but Firefox is my browser of choice - What's not to like about adding a few more platforms, or do you have some sort of a tie-in to Chrome?
- (2015-06-06, v:1.0.2) Amy Abigail: How does this work?
I hate to sound stupid, but I just can't get started with bookindy. How do I get it installed on my ipad? I just seem to go round in circles on my ipad, not able to actually install bookindy. Does it work on apple products? If you could give me some clear instructions or a link to the download pages, that would be hugely appreciated, as I'm really keen to support bookindy and support local booksellers. Many thanks, Abigail