Converts prices from any currency (€, $, £, ¥, ؋, ৳, ฿, ៛, ₡, etc.) to prices in a selectable currency automatically while browsing.
Direct Currency Converter - DCC Version 3.2.1, date 2020-01-25 Introduction DCC finds and converts prices on any web page with currency quotes from external sources (ECB or Currencylayer). If you hover the mouse over a converted price, the conversion quote and original value is shown as a tooltip in the upper left corner of the window. The tooltip can be switched off in the settings. Data protection DCC does not collect any information about you. The communication is directly between you, the page you are viewing, and the currency data providers. There are no ads or spyware. Settings The currencies to be converted is shown in a list in priority order. The currencies can be reordered using drag and drop. For instance, if AUD is before USD and both are selected, "$100" will be converted from AUD. Select All will select all currencies. Select None will turn off all selections. Convert to is the currency all other currencies will be converted to. Any combination will work. You can select how conversions are done and shown. You can also force conversion of all numbers from one currency. It's convenient when you use a page without currency units. ECB is the default currency source, but rather limited. You can use Currencylayer for free (or paid) if you sign up with them and get an API key. DCC reloads quotes on demand only, so the query limitation of Currencylayer should not be a problem. You can exclude any URL from being converted. Regular Expressions are valid. Reset settings will reset to default settings. Reset quotes will reload the currency quotes. Menu Toggle conversion: shows and hides the conversion. Open quotes page: shows a page with all currency quotes sorted by value or name. Open test page: shows a page with several price examples, to verify that conversion works. Settings About DCC was originally created in 2014 as a remake of the Firefox add-on Simple Currency Converter. Later it was ported to work in SeaMonkey, Chrome, Opera, Safari and Edge browsers. Since Mozilla abandoned its own API to use the Chrome API instead, the Chrome version became the master branch. Since Microsoft decided to change Edge into a Chromium based application, DCC for Edge has been discontinued. Originally the currency quotes were fetched from Yahoo!. They closed their API, that was never meant to be used by outsiders, so DCC switched to the limited ECB quotes, and Currencylayer to cover most currencies. External libraries: DOM Purify, Drag Drop Touch. Thanks to Jetbrains s.r.o for a licence to use IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate for open source development. Changelog 3.2.1, 2020-01-25 Fix for identifiers that have already been declared. 3.2.0, 2019-10-29 Added setting for HTML elements that should be ignored. Even if an element is ignored, its children will still be checked. Also converts head elements, such as page title. 3.1.0, 2019-08-25 The options/settings screen now has all sections minimised when opened. Internal changes: Using HTML drag and drop instead of jQuery. Removed external libraries jQuery, jQuery UI, jQuery UI Touch-Punch. Updated the external library DOM Purify. 3.0.0 Added included domains (whitelist). Internal rewrite to improve the functionality. No changes in the settings storage. Bug: wrong currency was shown in the popup. Bug: prices in the same element were converted repeatedly. Bug: drag and drop on touchscreen did not work. ISO 4217 amendments 166 to 169 included. Notably the latest Venezolan currency, VES, is added. Updated the external libraries jQuery, jQuery UI, jQuery UI Touch-Punch, DOM Purify. Author Per Johansson www.joint.ax [email protected]
- (2022-12-05) Andre Greeff: The extension settings and popup overlay really don't look very "professional", but I greatly appreciate the minimal page integration logic.. it has no unnecessary fluff and it "Just Works". :)
- (2022-07-31) Faina Iasen: Can't select source currency, it just shows this message - (Drag and drop currencies to reorder them. If an ambiguous currency such as "kroner" (could be DKK or NOK) is found, it is converted to the first possible currency in the list.) - but there's no list! And it doesn't detect anything and doesn't convert anything, not even Amazon or eBay.
- (2021-10-30) Zenith Manuel: Very useful and convenient.
- (2020-12-25) Theódór Ágúst Magnússon: The 6th one I tried, others did not work.. this one does!
- (2020-08-26) Ze6rah: Would be beter with an option to not modify the page but convert in a tooltip
- (2020-07-15) Claire Crowles: Rearranging source currencies doesn't work, it resets the order even though I clicked save. So it keeps misidentifying USD as AUD.
- (2019-06-08) Med 45: Works well for the very first days, then I need to reinstall and configure it again EVERY SINGLE TIME in a few days...
- (2019-05-10) Паша «Альма» Каптановская: very useful. but it is very damned when it changes the <code> elements which often have $0 $1 $2 or other dollar sign text. it must have option to exclude elements.
- (2019-04-14) The Tech Train: Doesn't work at all
- (2019-03-09) Yura Moshnin: Настройки- чёрт ногу сломит! Ничего не понятно
- (2019-03-06) Daniel Cunningham: Useless to me - just a list of exchange rates - not including the currency I need to convert - and does not make the conversion. Who needs it?
- (2018-11-05) A: The only one I have tried that works. It is very smooth and fast. Only issue is that it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing extension, but that's not much of an issue.
- (2018-11-01) Ben Doucette: Seems to be converting currencies in CAD to CAD at a higher rate???
- (2018-10-18) Андрей Карезин: Иногда конвертирует так: более 113 258 RUB (1 37 753 RUB (500 евро)) начинается от 37 753 RUB (##__##) Оригинал: более 1500 евро начинается от 500 евро https://visasam.ru/emigration/rabota/srednya-zarplata-v-chehii.html
- (2018-09-13) Wong Keng Leong (KL): Works well. If can update the UI, it would be better. Current UI seems like stuck in the 90's.
- (2018-08-13) Igor Majer: Excellent application. Working great!
- (2018-06-28) Adrià Rico Blanes (kikones34): Very useful! But I'd suggest adding an option to disable the conversion inside text boxes, so that they don't get replaced while you're typing.
- (2018-06-26) Eric Gelite: great! works very well
- (2018-04-27) Sreekumar Sasi: This is the only converter working now!
- (2018-04-16) Abbas Ali (hallbird): Hi, your plugin essential to me, however I have notice it stopped change currency for me. even when am going for option page not displayed properly, I cannot scroll ...
- (2018-04-05) Osvaldo Andreaus (DBB): Tried about 5 different extensions and this one works flawlessly!
- (2018-03-07) Chisangu Matome: The extension no longer works correctly for Zambian Kwacha ZMW
- (2018-02-28) Abgr Xenda: Currency Rates are 100% wrong against KWD
- (2018-01-15) Olo S: The best currency converter for browsers. Thanks Per! Keep up the good work!
- (2017-11-11) Robert Tichy: Back online again, thanks!
- (2017-09-19) Julio Orozco: Hermosa extensión, convierte absolutamente a todas las divisas de manera automática y directa en la divisa a convertir.
- (2017-08-31) Mehdi Mhenni: C'est ça ce que je cherche. Merci!
- (2017-08-07) Toàn Kiều Quang: Good job! Thank you! Chạy tốt, cảm ơn tác giả!
- (2017-08-07) Cω Tham: This was pretty good, though despite currency stated AUD$, yet it still go through the conversion based on sorting, which is USD for me. It made webpage loading tremendously slow.
- (2017-07-23) Daniel Geisler: super praktisch, lästiges umrechnen entfällt, ideal für Vielreisende
- (2017-07-19) Amos Kilama: Perfect !!! I spent long time searching and trying, and finally I found it. Great ! Good job guys.
- (2017-07-15) Elliott Sadgamer: top
- (2022-11-02, v:3.2.1) Shuhag Islam: Very Good Tools
Hi Everyone, For now I have searched an extension that works awesome. It's very good extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/currency-converter-for-ch/fgmjpimmndjfgdadhgnkhlnhomnjbmae
- (2022-04-05, v:3.2.1) Jaadje87: Can not drag n drop
I can not select source currency, so it is not working
- (2022-03-06, v:3.2.1) Am ME: Direct Currency Converter Stopped Working
Hi, I'm using Version3.2.1 and each time it displays the message; Unknown
- (2020-01-26, v:3.2.0) Antonio Stapleton: Add Currency
XCD (Eastern Caribbean Dollar)
- (2019-12-11, v:3.2.0) Daniel Perché: why does it convert (target) currency on websites?
extension also converts already shown target currency on websites. it converts to a tenth of the actual value (and shows the original value in "()"- since activated in options). so "€ 149.-" converts to " € 19,94 € (149.-) ". target currency is not selected as source currency so it shouldnt convert the currency at all.
- (2019-07-12, v:3.0.0) carlos helder: CRC colones Costa Rica does not seem to work
it's not on quotes.html it's not working on extensions/prices.html either
- (2019-07-08, v:3.0.0) Vishal Thakur: permission to access all data on website.
hello dear Per Johansson, why your extension wants to access all data of website that i visiting? Does it safer for my online transaction and for my overall security/ please clear my doubt. thank you.
- (2019-05-10, v:3.0.0) Паша «Альма» Каптановская: option to exclude elements
some elements, for example <code>, contain dollar sign text as $0, $1, $2 or other, which can be broken by this extension. it would be nice to add an option to exclude some elements.
- (2018-10-03, v:126.96.36.199) Mohd Syahrizan Senan: Add whitelist domain please
Hi developer, Thank you for good extension, but I want give one suggestion, can you add whitelist domain? Currently this extension have exclude domain, so I have to put every website I open.Right now I have to put more than 10 domain and everytime I open another website, I have to add it. I just use this extension when open web like 1688.com or Tmall.com. So if have whitelist function, I only add 1688.com and Tmall.com only. I hope you can consider this suggestion. Thank you
- (2018-08-28, v:188.8.131.52) Nikolay Borzov: Included Domains (white list)
It's more flexible than black list
- (2018-08-11, v:184.108.40.206) default settings
how do I change the default currency converted to (CHF)
- (2018-03-23, v:220.127.116.11) Luke Formosa: Small bug
In the tooltip, there's a small syntax error. If I convert from EUR to USD, and the original price was USD 159.49, when I hover over the converted price, the tooltip says "original value EUR 159.49" It should say "original value USD 159.49" - not EUR 159.49. Other than that great little addon, really neat how it matches the format and style of the original prices :)
- (2018-03-17, v:18.104.22.168) Ralf Zrenner: Scrolling
The options page can't be scrolled down thus it is not possible to activate or move currencies
- (2018-03-13, v:22.214.171.124) Scroll
Can no longer scroll in extension options since latest Chrome update
- (2018-02-04, v:126.96.36.199) Андрей Карезин: doesn't convert