Remove the Amazon affiliate tracking ID (tag) from amazon links
Amazon Tag Remover allows you to automatically remove the affiliate (tracking) ID from links. All countries and amzn.to shortlinks are supported. ++++ Support (and source code) can be found at GitHub: https://github.com/timbru31/amazon-tag-remover Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/timbru31 ++++ I am not affiliated with Amazon in any way.
- (2020-12-07) Aneesh Sen: Good stuff. I don't mind clicking a referral link to help someone I follow on social media, but I think it's bs that if you click a link by a random blogger or something, for the next 24 hour they get commission over anything you buy on amazon. Also lot of times people will sneak in their own referral links on sites like reddit while sharing a post and I don't like the idea of random people making money off my amazon purchases.
- (2020-01-10) Ian Gardocki: Only worked the first time I tried it. After clicking the first link it ceased to work. It also left a ?ref tag in a URL that I pasted without a tag. I can't replicate this behavior, so I'm not reporting it as abuse. But further testing might show it is adding it's own referral tags.
- (2019-04-29) Romy Knurr: OMG THANK YOU! Amazon and its stupid OneLink affiliate program was driving me nuts with all the unwanted redirects to my local amazon when all I wanted was to look at stuff on the (original links) Amazon page and nothing would work! Finally I found this neat little extension and no more unwanted affiliate redirects! Yay :)
- (2019-03-14) stacy carter: awesome works great
- (2018-10-31) 5ef: çalışmıyor ki ?
- (2018-02-13) G P: doesn't seem to work
- (2018-02-07) Martin Dunne: Works as expected.
- (2017-12-23) Chris Parent: works great
- (2017-11-12) FASH U: Tamamen Allah Rızası için indiriyorum...
- (2017-08-12) Cihat Dadağılıoğlu: vitaminli mesut çevik kazanamasın diye kurdum :)
- (2017-07-30) Erdi Durkan: DH için kurdum size para mara yok.
- (2016-12-14) David Maciejewski: Long awaited in the app store. I've testet this extension in beta. I'll remove all amazon-tags from the links. Good and not annoying extension.
- (2020-11-30, v:0.7.0) Aneesh Sen: don't think its working
don't think its working hey tim, it seemed to work at first when i clicked affiliate links and now its not working. Im seeing a /ref=as_li_ss_tl? in the url, what is that? screenshot of what im experiencing - for example i got this link: https://www.amazon.com/Mitutoyo-Advanced-Absolute-Digital-Caliper/dp/B00WMKUUAQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&linkId=0ca01780457ac001751b779809516530&language=en_US Also for the first couple links i tested it with i got the notification that the tag was removed - not getting that notification anymore
- (2019-11-10, v:0.5.3) Robert Borchardt: Prime Watchlist error
Just a hint: your extension is removing the ADD tag from Amazon Prime, so I am not able to add anything to my watchlist without deactivating the extension. Besides good work, keep it up.
- (2019-07-20, v:0.5.3) Diego Vieira: Exclude tag
Is it possible to exclude quidco tag from being removed? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Phones/b/?ascsubtag=7749250x348342074&ie=UTF8&node=356496011&ref_=sv_phones-acc_4&tag=quidcocom06-21 Thanks
- (2019-02-06, v:0.5.0) It will not work properly
Tags are not removed after updating to version 0.5.0 in Chrome 72.0.3626.81(Language setting is Japanese). When the link opens and Amazon's site opens, the tag is not removed. It will be removed when reloading the page. Notifications when tags are removed are not displayed correctly. When the notification itself is not done or the name of the removed tag is not displayed even if notified. ex. URL: https://www.amazon.co.jp/b?_encoding=UTF8&node=3338926051&linkCode=shr&tag=137439-2-22
- (2018-12-13, v:0.4.0) Don Holtz: Amazon tag remover
When is this supposed to work? When I click on any Product on Amazon.com it still shows tag info in chrome url window.
- (2018-11-27, v:0.4.0) Recep Ortatas: amazon.com.tr
pls add for amazon.com.tr
- (2018-02-19, v:0.3.1) G P: not working
- (2018-02-03, v:0.3.1) Edwin Barton: Ability to turn off removal notification
I like this extension but it really really needs the option to turn off the notification of how many tags were removed, sometimes I visit a page and get a humongous wall of text that just honestly annoys the hell out of me. Please give us the option to hide these notifications!!
- (2017-11-26, v:0.3.1) Mert Can Ergün: Inner workings of the extension
Hi, i have been using your extension for a while but I have a question. When is the URL modified? Before or after the page loads? I know amazon can still account your purchase for the affiliate link even if you remove the tag after making the first load request.
- (2017-03-26, v:0.3.0) Angel Perez: Causes issues on AWS console
Your extension is great, but is causing issues on the AWS console, the pages don't load, there are some oauth isues, and so on. Can you exclude the aws domains of your extension?