Always start your eBay search for items in your country location only.
As a frequent eBay user, I almost always found myself starting my search by first setting the filter for items in my location only. Despite the long running feedback from many users on the need for the stickiness of item location preference, eBay has yet to provide a solution. To facilitate a more efficient search, I designed an extension that defaults my eBay searches to only items in my location. It has saved me a lot of time and has been serving me very well so I'm publishing the extension for everyone's use.
- (2022-12-08) Marc Rodrigues: not working, the ebay search is broken so maybe that is why this is broken too. I am in europe if i choose my continent i get items only from china. I have to redo the search to be able to disable it because on the extension it changes nothing.
- (2022-12-06) portions for foxes: Great extension, works perfectly. Thank you.
- (2022-11-21) Sarah S: I installed this on both my laptop and my desktop. It works great on my laptop, but on my desktop it stopped working after a couple of weeks.
- (2022-09-07) Tim Costello: Love Love Love this !!! - Thanks to the guy that created this. Ive been manually setting location what feels for forever. Awesome work.
- (2022-04-21) Eric Haley: This never did what I hoped it would - set the search item location to the U.S. I had it installed for a year and it never worked. That's my experience anyway.
- (2022-03-04) rob b: seems perfect, always annoyed me that ebay didn't allow this be default thanks
- (2020-11-22) Gardien Lainagier: My favourite kind of extension is one that takes someone else's horrible design error and quietly fixes it. Thanks for making the internets just a tiny bit better.
- (2020-09-24) jade leth: Thankyou so much for doing something so straightforward. It annoyed me in the past but it especially annoys me now because ordering stuff from overseas during a pandemic is extra impractical. Now I don't have to keep making sure I've remembered to choose Australia Only. You are a God among eBay users.
- (2020-08-18) Marjhun Miranda: This is a great extension but it seems I cannot find the option shown in the picture.
- (2020-04-04) David Clarke: Thanks a lot, finally got rid of them Chinese listings and two months shipment ;)
- (2020-01-18) Fritz Eichelberger: Tremendously USEFUL extension to save time and be more productive on eBay! MANY, MANY thanks!!!
- (2019-12-20) Jadzia 518: Thank you so much! This is brilliant
- (2019-11-23) Jim Anderson: Works perfectly. Thank you!!!
- (2019-11-22) Larbi djamel: merci infiniment Mountassir Hafi c'est vraiment génial
- (2019-06-16) Dominic Stenton: This has been doing my head in for years. Thank you so much for fixing this.
- (2018-12-07) Ashton Hobbs: EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR. i drop ship a lot and it makes my life easier.
- (2018-07-23) Chris Hadley: As a frequent user to eBay this is a great solution to a long standing problem of not being able to set UK only as a default search location. Credit certainly goes to Mountassir for solving this problem with a simple extension. You've made a lot of people happy so far and many more will be too. Cheers
- (2018-06-29) Jay Baker: Wow.... This fixed something that has been annoying me for YEARS!! Thanks!! Now I just need to find a way to fix it on the iPhone eBay app....
- (2018-04-16) Kendra Sundermeyer: Wonderful idea and extension, you deserve more praise!
- (2017-10-23) Tris10Terry: THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! THIS IS AWESOME!!
- (2017-09-04) Phil Musk: Many thanks for what seems like a great extension, reducing my annoyance with eBay!!!
- (2017-08-06) aphroditeonx: Brilliant! Seamlessly, jump-starts my ebay searches for items in the UK only. Exactly what I've been needing for a long time. Thank you!
- (2020-07-19, v:1.1.12) David Williams: Extension for FireFox
Have you any plans to make this eBay extension for FireFox?
- (2020-04-07, v:1.1.10) Kevin Brown: Stalled advanced search on ebay
when your extension is enabled, the advanced search page will not work. I can type anything into the search box and it will just sit and spin. the lower left keeps saying "waiting for cache" as soon as I disable the extension the search goes thru. It seems to ba only on the advanced search page.
- (2018-10-15, v:1.1.10) Jorge fajardo garcia: SOBRE MI PRODUCTO
4.6 (29 votes)
Last update / version
2021-09-21 / 1.1.15