Instantly search inside any YouTube™ playlist.
To use, simply click the extension when on a playlist or a video inside a playlist and the extension will list ALL videos inside the playlist. You may then instantly search for and click any video in the list to go to it. This extension requires you to login so that the extension can make authorized API calls to the YouTube™ Data API for all of your playlists. This means that it will work on both public and private playlists.
- (2021-11-19) jojo: good and fast i thought it would take a while to search a big playlist but it didnt
- (2021-11-02) Cameron Celardo: I can't figure out how to make the page smaller, when I click on the extension and it wants me to log in.
- (2021-10-27) Agustín Benítez: bad
- (2021-10-25) Miguel Baptista: Doesn't work. Always displays "Invalid playlist" message.
- (2021-10-10) Hayden Macpherson: Doesn't work. Asks me to sign in then says 'Invalid Playlist'.
- (2021-09-26) M Kříž: Its working only for first 200 videos in playlist :(
- (2021-09-07) DannyJude: Mine says "invalid playlist" for every playlist, every time.
- (2021-08-30) Generic Penguin Avatar: "invalid playlist" does not work...
- (2021-08-14) Res Ipsa Loquitur: Worked a few years ago for me but now (Aug. 2021) it does not work at all.
- (2021-08-05) Untaian Sunnah: Very useful in 2021. Hopefully the developer will continue the updates as it was last updated in 2020.
- (2021-07-25) Shmoopy Shaboopy: Doesn't work for me, all I get is 'Invalid Playlist'
- (2021-07-17) paru pani76: very easy to use. Helped indefinitely in managing my yt playlists. Thank you so much
- (2021-07-15) Jon Fisher: Exactly what I wanted. Thanks!
- (2021-07-12) Agent Plug-N-Play: I have a music playlist with 600 plus songs so it's nice to be able to get to it without scrolling forever. And even when it doesn't search right, it still loads way faster than normally.
- (2021-05-25) Bob van de Voort: Great idea, just doesn't want to work on Favorites at the moment, it keeps saying invalid playlist. Allowed it to have access to my youtube account data, made the list unlisted (instead of private) but I keep having the same issue, "Invalid playlist".
- (2021-05-25) Chris H.: says "Invalid playlist." when searching my playlists
- (2021-04-22) Jānis Ķengurs: I have private playlists, does it work in them? For me doesnt show up a search field.
- (2021-04-15) nicc: literally doesn't work, just keeps asking me to sign in again
- (2021-04-10) Aditya Mehta: doesnt work on liked videos playlist :(
- (2021-04-08) Hugo Diaz Loera: garbage
- (2021-03-26) Matt: Doesn't seem to work for Microsoft Edge, sadly...
- (2021-01-13) freakingmayhem: It should say in the description that it doesn't work on the "Watch Later" playlist.
- (2021-01-09) Yan DJ: The only playlist I needed this for was "Watch Later" which is always hovering around the max of 5000 videos, but it's not compatible with that SPECIFIC one due to some privacy issue... what other playlist could I possibly need this for...
- (2021-01-06) Pizza Mozzerrella: thx
- (2021-01-03) Fernando Pineda: Literally doesn't work. Scam to get your login info.
- (2020-12-31) Florajishi: There are multiple issues with this extension and there are no clear solutions on this page to what the user can do, which would be helpful. When I first installed this extension, it wasn't so bad-- just a little annoying with how it handled opening tabs, and the search results disappearing if I clicked out of the bar. At least it got the job done for the most part. But now when I have returned to it, nothing works. At first it loaded the playlist videos on the dropdown but refused to search anything. Then when I reinstalled the extension, it would only display "Loading Results.." endlessly, no matter if there was 500 videos in the playlist or 30. So I reinstalled, closed out of browser, reloaded everything. I got the prompt to log in to Chrome, which I did, but proceeded to get "Invalid Playlist" for both public and private lists. Clearing cache and cookies, site data, etc. does not work. It's a bit disappointing because this is would be a great feature otherwise. If anything, this should already be a basic YouTube function. I wish the developer best of luck in their project and look forward to updates :)
- (2020-12-31) imark7777777: Lacks the ability to search the watch later list, my largest list! And YouTube has removed the ability to remove videos that are tagged as for kids from your watch later list unless you're in it. But my list is so big I can't find the video in it if it was in there to remove it.
- (2020-12-30) Aciculla: It says "Invalid playlist" everytime.
- (2020-12-19) R M: Very useful!!!
- (2020-12-04) Antonio Phillips: "Invalid playlist." without fail, every time.
- (2020-10-25) Gurdeep Singh Dhindsa: 1. Cant filter or search Videos of specific category, like music, study, news. 2. Doesn't search Watch Later playlist.
- (2020-10-19) angel flash: Doesn't work at all. It just says "loading results" forever.
- (2020-09-18) Michelle: It works and everything but I only really wanted an extension like this to search through my 'Watch Later' playlist and because of privacy settings that isn't possible apparently.
- (2020-08-28) Persephassa: Dude this is AMAZING! Definitely a function that YouTube should support, brought to you as a very user-friendly and easy to use extension.
- (2020-07-31) A R Y O: Doesn't work on Microsoft Edge, please fix!
- (2020-07-23) Raiden Roy: it's not working on Microsoft edge Version 84.0.522.44 (Official build) (64-bit) (latest version) it doesn't even open the search popup though the weird thing is it opens the search popup in a private window sadly it still doesn't work because the search result doesn't come up. I have tried creating a different profile as well (on edge) still the same problem please fix!
- (2020-07-20) Ignat Remizov: Works great! It's a quite slow because it doesn't seem like it's caching the playlist and not using YouTube Data V3 API's ETAG feature to check for updates to the playlists. Works quite well for trying to find a video in a short playlist. I have several maxed out playlists (5000 videos long) and waiting a couple minutes until they load every time is not the best, but this is the best solution that I've found so far. Thank you Mr. Cham K.!
- (2020-06-26) Honeysizzle: The login prompt is completely non-functional (clicking the extension icon opens a new tab with Google's 404 page).
- (2020-04-09) Ye Htet Wai Soe: It was working well, but recently it just says "invalid playlist" most of the time
- (2020-04-04) Guillermo K.: Invalid playlist error, can't re-login once you logged in for the first time. Doesn't matter if you remove permissions or re-install mulitple times extension after resetting browser or not. Still doesn't work.
- (2020-03-25) Viola Shen: tysm now i can finally search songs within my playlist TT
- (2020-02-18) Jaden Luna: After seeing your reply, I changed my rating to 5 stars. I deleted some files off my PC and that seemed to solve my issues. Thanks for this app!
- (2020-02-04) Colderdash: useful, thank you
- (2020-01-22) Mitch Ebisawa: It indeed gets the job done with some minor issues being how it takes sometime to load a big playlist which is fine and can be ignored as there is just somethings that can't be fixed, but the real problem is that I'm experiencing is that the search screen closes itself whenever I click anywhere else than the search screen itself and I have to wait for the playlist to load up again and then search for the same result again which is pretty annoying. If possible, having a "X" close button rather than what we have now will save a lot of people's time. on the side, It will be nice if we can search the uploader's name as well. Other than that, this is an excellent extension I knew existed and appreciated :)
- (2020-01-17) Jim Kirchner: just installed - so far so good!
- (2019-12-21) Sam Riordan: doesnt work. unverified "Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app"
- (2019-12-14) sunsh1ne warrior: Doesn't work. When I log in, it shows this message: Sign in with Google temporarily disabled for this app This app has not been verified yet by Google in order to use Google Sign In.
- (2019-10-25) Frank S: Much appreciated, thank you. It would be extra nice if we could recover the names of deleted videos somehow. Maybe the names are in metadata somewhere? Or when it loads a list for searching it could save the names available (in case they are removed alter). :)
- (2019-07-13) Kimberly Farr: I have been searching for this forever!!
- (2019-06-14) Dumb Idiot: A bit janky at times but it works and can be useful
- (2021-10-31, v:220.127.116.11) Enzoys: Not working on Microsoft Edge
Hey, it says "Error: couldn't retrieve youtube API auth token" when I click. I use microsoft edge windows 11
- (2021-04-12, v:18.104.22.168) EverClouds: Not showing
I'm not sure if it is only got Chrome but I got this on Opera GX but anyways, when I go to my playlist or any videos on my playlist, it doesn't show at all, I didn't try to reinstall it yet but I did refresh it and it still didn't show, and I also tried to use Cinema mode and the default view but still didn't work
- (2021-03-09, v:22.214.171.124) dbrfour: Any way to get this extension working on a different browser? (Opera GX)
Hi, I just found your extension and think it's amazing... literally one of a kind, nothing else like it that I could find! Anyway, it works perfectly for Google Chrome, but I mainly use Opera GX (very similar to Google Chrome), and I'm able to install it to Opera GX but it seems like the extension doesn't work functionally with it (I'll get an error every time that says "invalid playlist." Any way to get this working for Opera GX? Thanks! - Don
- (2020-12-13, v:126.96.36.199) Paul Ahrenholtz: No results
Nothing happens, no error just nothing. Sad :(
- (2020-12-01, v:188.8.131.52) Jabersson: "Invalid Playlist" Signing in issue
When I first try to load it, it opens a pop up asking me which google account I want to use it for. I select my account but instead of singing in, it gives me the "Invalid Playlist" error, and forces me to log in again, giving me the same problem.
- (2020-11-27, v:184.108.40.206) Feix Man: How to change login?
Upon trying to search my favorites, it asked me to login. However, due to the old G+ into YouTube integration, I for some reason have two accounts. I accidentally chose the wrong one. Now I can't change the login and thus the extension can not access my favorites. How do I change login?
- (2020-11-11, v:220.127.116.11) Antony Upward: Feature Request: Same Functionality Across All Playlists Listed by youtube.com/view_all_playlists
This is a very useful extension to search *inside* (particularly) big playlists. But what would be even more useful is to be able **across all** playlists - i.e. search all the videos in all the playlists displayed by https://www.youtube.com/view_all_playlists There are *a lot* of people looking for this functionality... judging by results of some googling at least! :-)
- (2020-10-04, v:18.104.22.168) Isaac Koh: Search by Channel instead of title
Is there a way to search by channel instead of title?
- (2020-10-02, v:22.214.171.124) Fish Devil: Logging in doesn't work
The button is lit up but when I click it, it opens a separate tab, asks me to sign in and when I do, it just leads me to Google home page. Pressing the button after that does the exact same thing.
- (2020-09-30, v:126.96.36.199) Mike Chin: Anyway to pop this to a new tab? It would be nice to look through all search results.
Anyway to pop this to a new tab? It would be nice to look through all search results.
- (2020-07-23, v:188.8.131.52) Raiden Roy: Not working on the latest version of Microsoft Edge Version 84.0.522.44
it's not working on Microsoft edge Version 84.0.522.44 (Official build) (64-bit) (latest version) it doesn't even open the search popup though the weird thing is it opens the search popup in a private window sadly it still doesn't work because the search result doesn't come up. I have tried extension on different profile as well (on edge) still the same problem please fix!
- (2020-07-17, v:184.108.40.206) Natalie Gurski: Can't even use the extension.
I press the extension on my extensions bar while on Youtube, it loads for half of a second, says "invalid playlist" and never asked me to login or anything. I can't even get it to stay up for long enough to do so. The most I've seen of it are very small glimpses, so I have no idea what the rest of the popup says before it inevitably closes. In its current state, for me, it's unusable.
- (2020-07-10, v:220.127.116.11) Tony Lovell: asks me to "Log in to my Google Account?"
Why would I be comfortable having it do that?
- (2020-06-17, v:18.104.22.168) Vince: Incompatible with vivaldi
Results in " 404. That’s an error. The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know." when used with the Vivaldi browser.
- (2020-06-12, v:22.214.171.124) yobelkcip: "Invalid playlist" error
I'm trying to use this for one of my playlist, but it wouldn't work on mine, it gives me the "Invalid playlist" error, and it's been happening to other people from what I've heard. Can you please fix this?
- (2020-06-05, v:126.96.36.199) Noah Laughery: "Invalid Playlist" Error
Hi! I'm sure you're aware of the issue, but I just wanted to add to it in case there was a fix I wasn't aware of. In any of my playlists, clicking the "Playlist Search for YouTube" button just results in, "Invalid playlist."
- (2020-04-22, v:188.8.131.52) Darren: Playlist Search Doesn't Work
Same "Invalid Playlist" and won't find nothing, no menu appears for "Search this playlist" etc.
- (2020-02-17, v:184.108.40.206) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Problem: Doesn't work ("Invalid playlist")
Says "Invalid playlist" when I click on the extension button.
- (2019-11-07, v:220.127.116.11) Brandon McLeod: No search bar
The Icon lights up for me but no search bar drops down when I click it.
- (2019-10-11, v:18.104.22.168) tonytwentyeight: Casting
Major problem when you use this when casting to a TV. You cast a video from your playlist, then search for another title using your extension, but it then just plays the new song on your device and does not cast it. Thanks.
- (2018-07-14, v:22.214.171.124) Clipstone Films: Only seems to find a few songs
...when I use this to search my favourites. For example I'll do a search for 1968 and get maybe 7 videos, when there are in fact many more in my favourites.
- (2018-05-27, v:126.96.36.199) Tim Travis: "Invalid Playlist"
I'm getting "Invalid Playlist" no matter which view I use. Is this a known issue?