Instantly search inside any YouTube™ playlist.
To use, simply click the extension when on a playlist or a video inside a playlist and the extension will list ALL videos inside the playlist. You may then instantly search for and click any video in the list to go to it. This extension requires you to login so that the extension can make authorized API calls to the YouTube™ Data API for all of your playlists. This means that it will work on both public and private playlists.
- (2023-06-05) Yeetus Deletus: it worked for me
- (2023-05-30) Ghislayne: Does not work
- (2023-05-20) Milber Limov: Works for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- (2023-05-14) wfe dfeewd: This extension simply is out of date and does not work, update it or remove it entirely.
- (2023-05-04) Apekiller: Search bar shows up but returns results which have nothing to do what what i searched for.
- (2023-04-28) Ahmet: https://github.com/hallzy/youtube-playlist-search as explained here, api key of the extension is no longer valid. only way to make this code work again is to follow instructions related to generating individual api keys for test purposes and use the extension for private purposes as many asked before i'm asking again, why the hell youtube is still not enabling search within playlists ! people gahter invaluable information through videos saved into playlist and many times you need to get back to that specific videos again and again, please youtube add native content search feature including playlists created by the users for themselves.
- (2023-04-11) Steven Wexler: No longer a supported plugin. Didn't work. I hate independent software developers who act in a unresponsible way, and waste our time. They knew their extension didn't work, but rather than providing appropriate specs and communicate to their customers/audeince, they just became bored and moved on to their next project. A two second post saying, "This plugin will only work with X version of Chrome and X version of the operating, they just waste people's time testing a product they no longer support. It's just not a socially responsible choice.
- (2023-03-28) ASUNDER: Worked for me so far. Wish instead of jumping to the video, it would just highlight the result/s in the existing list. Why the hell doesn't YouTube have playlist search anyway?
- (2023-02-28) Guy: As of 2022/23, no longer works. Fix it, or remove the extension.
- (2023-02-16) Alvaro Morales: Broken
- (2022-12-16) Granville Parham: Reading here, you'll find some claim this works and some claim it doesn't. Either way, it's not been updated in years. It was designed for a much older version of Youtube, and not having new updates makes it a security hazard. Even if it does work for some, it would be unwise to continue using this extension.
- (2022-10-27) Callum Wood: Doesn't work, "Invalid playlist" on any public playlist I test it on, regardless of video count. If there is something that needs to be done to get it working beyond adding to Edge and clicking the extension button while viewing a playlist, please document it as many users are having this issue. Will change to a positive review if this is resolved.
- (2022-10-26) Stella By Starlight: Works!
- (2022-10-15) Cruddiest Tooth: Works
- (2022-10-15) REACTING X: doesnt work
- (2022-10-02) Amir R: Doesn't work
- (2022-09-10) Vinayak : Works if you follow the simple instructions on the extension's home page. It needs to log in to your Youtube account to be able to access your playlists using the Youtube Data API (read-only and happens locally in your browser). It won't work on "Watch Later" or "History" playlists and that's a Youtube limitation. RTFM people!
- (2022-09-06) Hart Epstein: Doesn't work. Just says "invalid playlist."
- (2022-09-03) Stelic: doesn't work
- (2022-09-03) Young Dez: What I've been looking for. Useful and working
- (2022-08-31) A Google User: "Invalid playlist"
- (2022-07-30) Hussain: Dont know if theres anything better Wish it didnt close after i click open in new tab (or click mouse wheel) so i can open multiple videos Also it only searches the title, you cant search the tags of all the videos, but you should be able to search the channel name at least Eg "Jeff" and all his videos come up
- (2022-06-23) Dick Butt: Looks like Google is blocking this extension now, I get this message when trying to log into YouTube through the extension. This app is blocked This app tried to access sensitive info in your Google Account. To keep your account safe, Google blocked this access. I'm still giving 4 stars because the app seems well-designed and provides a functionality that it's ridiculous Google doesn't already have. Google broke it for god knows what reason, they've become Microsoft.
- (2022-06-18) blue: You have to sign in to use this extension. I cannot understand why this simple extension needs my account info.
- (2022-05-30) PCJ52: I keep getting "invalid playlist" error. Can't use it.
- (2022-05-26) Kaan Osmanagaoglu: It DOESN'T EVEN LOAD more than a few hundred songs !! I have a playlist of 3900 songs and videos, it doesn't even make it beyond 200-300 ! This is a complete scam ! You lied to us !!
- (2022-05-23) Kevin: It's really good but I really miss a feature. It would be cool to be able to search based on the name of the uploader too. Also would be useful to display the name of the uploader maybe in brackets in the end. Regex search would be really cool too but that's not that important, however searching by uploaders would be a really really useful feature.
- (2022-05-22) blucat 4: Doesn't work, says 'Invalid Playlist'. I tried multiple playlists, and tried making unavailable videos unhidden. Windows 10, Google Chrome, May 23 2022.
- (2022-04-05) D D'a: Only works for the latest google accounts. Doesn't recognize my old youtube account playlists... I'm guessing it never will cause of old code?
- (2022-03-23) Kiel Anderson: Absolute game changer. Thank you.
- (2022-03-19) Clay Nichols: Error: will no load due to "privacy concerns" according to chrome browser
- (2022-03-15) Connor Baldczus: I don't know what the issue is but all it ever does is tell me to login. That's fine, since it was also stated in the description but after I do login and want to view a playlist, all it does is open a tab to LOGIN AGAIN. So basically it's "Login into Google Simulator" right now.
- (2022-02-09) The Non Smoker: Not working, saying "Invalid playlist."
- (2022-02-05) dj: Simple but immensely useful.
- (2022-02-04) Галина Синцова: вообще не работает февраль 2022. запрашивает доступ и ...... ничего
- (2022-01-20) Yeah That's Me: Was great when worked (until december last year), but lacked some quality of life things like opening links in a new tab without opening them in the tab with the playlist. But as of 20.01.2022 it still doesn't work, prompting invalid playlist each time I attempt to use it.
- (2021-12-31) Jon Fisher: Exactly what I wanted. Thanks! EDIT: No longer works. At all. Won't even prompt for the search box.
- (2021-12-29) P R: "Invalid Playlist" after logging in and allowing permissions.
- (2021-12-18) Daniel Remenyi: Not working - 2021 december
- (2021-12-07) Jānis Ķengurs: I have private playlists, does it work in them? For me doesnt show up a search field. Now in december update- Is it working? Now seems its not working at all
- (2021-11-19) jojo: good and fast i thought it would take a while to search a big playlist but it didnt
- (2021-11-02) Cameron Celardo: I can't figure out how to make the page smaller, when I click on the extension and it wants me to log in.
- (2021-10-27) Agustín Benítez: bad
- (2021-10-25) Miguel Baptista: Doesn't work. Always displays "Invalid playlist" message.
- (2021-10-10) Hayden Macpherson: Doesn't work. Asks me to sign in then says 'Invalid Playlist'.
- (2021-09-26) M Kříž: Its working only for first 200 videos in playlist :(
- (2021-09-07) DannyJude: Mine says "invalid playlist" for every playlist, every time.
- (2021-08-30) Generic Penguin Avatar: "invalid playlist" does not work...
- (2021-08-14) Res Ipsa Loquitur: Worked a few years ago for me but now (Aug. 2021) it does not work at all.
- (2021-08-05) Untaian Sunnah: Very useful in 2021. Hopefully the developer will continue the updates as it was last updated in 2020.
- (2022-05-06, v:18.104.22.168) Celeste Celine: Extension does not scan the whole playlist
Hello! I have a playlist in which I do a lot of searches. Recently, I added some videos to it, but the tool does not count them. I have 168 videos; nevertheless, the extension says there are only 149 elements. Strangely enough, the tool works fine in other playlists. Thanks in advance for your help.
- (2021-10-31, v:22.214.171.124) Enzoys: Not working on Microsoft Edge
Hey, it says "Error: couldn't retrieve youtube API auth token" when I click. I use microsoft edge windows 11
- (2021-04-12, v:126.96.36.199) EverClouds: Not showing
I'm not sure if it is only got Chrome but I got this on Opera GX but anyways, when I go to my playlist or any videos on my playlist, it doesn't show at all, I didn't try to reinstall it yet but I did refresh it and it still didn't show, and I also tried to use Cinema mode and the default view but still didn't work
- (2021-03-09, v:188.8.131.52) dbrfour (Don R.): Any way to get this extension working on a different browser? (Opera GX)
Hi, I just found your extension and think it's amazing... literally one of a kind, nothing else like it that I could find! Anyway, it works perfectly for Google Chrome, but I mainly use Opera GX (very similar to Google Chrome), and I'm able to install it to Opera GX but it seems like the extension doesn't work functionally with it (I'll get an error every time that says "invalid playlist." Any way to get this working for Opera GX? Thanks! - Don
- (2020-12-13, v:184.108.40.206) Paul Ahrenholtz: No results
Nothing happens, no error just nothing. Sad :(
- (2020-12-01, v:220.127.116.11) Jabersson: "Invalid Playlist" Signing in issue
When I first try to load it, it opens a pop up asking me which google account I want to use it for. I select my account but instead of singing in, it gives me the "Invalid Playlist" error, and forces me to log in again, giving me the same problem.
- (2020-11-27, v:18.104.22.168) Feix Man: How to change login?
Upon trying to search my favorites, it asked me to login. However, due to the old G+ into YouTube integration, I for some reason have two accounts. I accidentally chose the wrong one. Now I can't change the login and thus the extension can not access my favorites. How do I change login?
- (2020-11-11, v:22.214.171.124) Antony Upward: Feature Request: Same Functionality Across All Playlists Listed by youtube.com/view_all_playlists
This is a very useful extension to search *inside* (particularly) big playlists. But what would be even more useful is to be able **across all** playlists - i.e. search all the videos in all the playlists displayed by https://www.youtube.com/view_all_playlists There are *a lot* of people looking for this functionality... judging by results of some googling at least! :-)
- (2020-10-04, v:126.96.36.199) Isaac Koh: Search by Channel instead of title
Is there a way to search by channel instead of title?
- (2020-10-02, v:188.8.131.52) Fish “Fishdevil” Devil: Logging in doesn't work
The button is lit up but when I click it, it opens a separate tab, asks me to sign in and when I do, it just leads me to Google home page. Pressing the button after that does the exact same thing.
- (2020-09-30, v:184.108.40.206) Mike Chin (SuperValue): Anyway to pop this to a new tab? It would be nice to look through all search results.
Anyway to pop this to a new tab? It would be nice to look through all search results.
- (2020-07-23, v:220.127.116.11) Raiden Roy: Not working on the latest version of Microsoft Edge Version 84.0.522.44
it's not working on Microsoft edge Version 84.0.522.44 (Official build) (64-bit) (latest version) it doesn't even open the search popup though the weird thing is it opens the search popup in a private window sadly it still doesn't work because the search result doesn't come up. I have tried extension on different profile as well (on edge) still the same problem please fix!
- (2020-07-17, v:18.104.22.168) Natalie Gurski: Can't even use the extension.
I press the extension on my extensions bar while on Youtube, it loads for half of a second, says "invalid playlist" and never asked me to login or anything. I can't even get it to stay up for long enough to do so. The most I've seen of it are very small glimpses, so I have no idea what the rest of the popup says before it inevitably closes. In its current state, for me, it's unusable.
- (2020-07-10, v:22.214.171.124) Tony Lovell: asks me to "Log in to my Google Account?"
Why would I be comfortable having it do that?
- (2020-06-17, v:126.96.36.199) Vince: Incompatible with vivaldi
Results in " 404. That’s an error. The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know." when used with the Vivaldi browser.
- (2020-06-12, v:188.8.131.52) yobelkcip: "Invalid playlist" error
I'm trying to use this for one of my playlist, but it wouldn't work on mine, it gives me the "Invalid playlist" error, and it's been happening to other people from what I've heard. Can you please fix this?
- (2020-06-05, v:184.108.40.206) Noah Laughery: "Invalid Playlist" Error
Hi! I'm sure you're aware of the issue, but I just wanted to add to it in case there was a fix I wasn't aware of. In any of my playlists, clicking the "Playlist Search for YouTube" button just results in, "Invalid playlist."
- (2020-04-22, v:220.127.116.11) Darren: Playlist Search Doesn't Work
Same "Invalid Playlist" and won't find nothing, no menu appears for "Search this playlist" etc.
- (2020-02-17, v:18.104.22.168) Rainbow Warrior Princess: Problem: Doesn't work ("Invalid playlist")
Says "Invalid playlist" when I click on the extension button.
- (2019-11-07, v:22.214.171.124) Brandon McLeod: No search bar
The Icon lights up for me but no search bar drops down when I click it.
- (2019-10-11, v:126.96.36.199) tonytwentyeight: Casting
Major problem when you use this when casting to a TV. You cast a video from your playlist, then search for another title using your extension, but it then just plays the new song on your device and does not cast it. Thanks.
- (2018-07-14, v:188.8.131.52) Clipstone Films: Only seems to find a few songs
...when I use this to search my favourites. For example I'll do a search for 1968 and get maybe 7 videos, when there are in fact many more in my favourites.
- (2018-05-27, v:184.108.40.206) Tim Travis: "Invalid Playlist"
I'm getting "Invalid Playlist" no matter which view I use. Is this a known issue?