Turn any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes. Provide instant feedback and see how the class is performing.
Spiral Clip: Turns any public video into a live chat with questions and quizzes. This Chrome Extension allows teachers to import videos into Spiral directly from YouTube. Provides instant feedback on how the class is performing. The perfect EdTech app for teaching with video!
- (2020-10-02) öndf cxg: kö
- (2017-05-23) Tahor Sui Juris: Excellent. Q. A few feature requests, are you planning any additions? 1. Frame-clips included as a visual in the video question area. 2. Ability to take time-stamped notes. Please communicate back, have a list of very beneficial additions.
- (2017-04-20) Beth Heller: I was only made aware of this extension a few days ago and have already used it multiple times. Great way to get class participation and pull in critical thinking while watching videos.
- (2017-03-09) Marcus Cherrill: Great stuff - very useful for my classroom
- (2017-02-18) MARK ARMSTRONG: This looks like a Tool for #GrowthHacking. Just started with it and already see huge potential. #Badass #Team, too.
- (2017-02-15) Palvarez Gomez: I think this is an excellent idea!!!! I love this and I'm looking forward to start creating quizzes for my students!! :)
- (2017-02-14) Lyndsay Hite: This is an amazing new extension that makes it even easier to use SpiralEDU in your classroom. This allows students to be far more engaged in video mini-lessons and gives the teacher a clear picture of student understanding.
- (2017-02-14) Hamish Kennedy: Clip is the latest app we have built to let students engage in everyday learning activities. We hope you like it!
- (2017-02-14) Stella Pollard: I have been using this website for a couple of weeks now and I am super PUMPED about this new extension. If you want to see your kids become engaged about learning, check out SpiralEDU. Play around with it, it may take some getting used to, but it's quickly becoming one of my favorites.
- (2017-02-13) Mark Ashworth (http://spiral.ac): Now it's even easier to start doing a formative assessment on any public video content from YouTube.
- (2018-03-02, v:1.18) Doesn't Work
Noting happens when I click on the icon.
- (2018-02-12, v:1.18) Rochelle Maynard: Extension does not function
I am unable to get the extension to function. It does not work.
- (2018-02-08, v:1.18) Allen Kaye: problem
I added the extension to chrome, but I do not see anywhere it says Teach with Spiral. It was there one day, gone today
- (2017-03-16, v:1.16) JOHN MARALLO: Students Viewing Videos
I am experiencing an issue where students can view questions that are posted at various points of a video, but not the video itself. Are there any specific sites that, if blocked, would affect Spiral Clip's functionality? Thank you.
- (2017-02-18, v:1.16) MARK ARMSTRONG: Tested-Did 1 lesson.
Where can I see what I made and how to edit, please?
- (2017-02-14, v:1.15) Becky Foellmer: Solution
I think I figured out the solution. I just had to log out and log back in. It would then recognize a second video. ~Becky
- (2017-02-14, v:1.15) Becky Foellmer: Can't "pull" videos
Hi! Thank you for developing this extension. I am having trouble getting it to recognize a second video. I was able to set up one, but, now, when I try to access a second, it just keeps returning to the first video I worked with. Thank you! Becky
- (2017-02-14, v:1.14) Ricki Schultz: Extension
When I click "Add To Chrome", a box pops up saying an error has occurred, could not unzip extension. There is also a box that drops down under my bookmarks bar saying the same.