Shorten and expand URLs with TinyW.in and upload images and screenshots to Phota.me
Description TWurl is an extension to facilitate the use of TinyW.in and several other URL shortening services. A short URL can be generated for any web page, using the user’s preferred shortening service. The short URL is automatically copied to the clipboard to paste into other applications. TWurl also automatically expands short URLs on any page, replacing the target URL with the original URL and displays the page title as a tooltip. The URL expansion is provided by LongURL.org, which handles links from more than 200 services. Features Shorten URLs with one-click operation (the shortened URL is automatically copied to clipboard). Supports login credentials (for services like bit.ly and Cligs). Scans web pages for short URLs and automatically updates the target URL. The title of the website is displayed as a tooltip when available. Supports dynamically updated (AJAX) websites (eg. twitter.com) without having to refresh the page. Supports right clicking on a link to shorten it. Allow you to upload images from websites and Chrome screenshot to Phota.me Optionally displays QR codes and allows url customization when shortening URLs with TinyW.in TWurl also supports all the popular services such as bit.ly, goo.gl, is.gd, TinyURL, and more to be added upon request. The full list of supported services can be found here: How to configure TWurl for a custom shortener: http://code.google.com/p/twurl/wiki/ConfiguringTWurl List of supported shorteners: http://code.google.com/p/twurl/wiki/SupportedUrlShorteners How to submit your url shortener for support in TWurl: http://code.google.com/p/twurl/wiki/AddURLService Change Log: Version 2.2.0 Added notifications during Phota uploads. Now you know that the upload is running in the background. Version 2.1.0 Moved the Fetch and Upload to Phota function back to a single function. TWurl now tries to have Phota fetch the file and if it fails uploads from the browser. Fixed a defect that caused screenshots (especially PNG) to fail on upload. They are now converted to a file and uploaded. v2.0.0 Significant rewrite/cleanup of the extension code to comply with Google's new extension manifest version 2 api and rules. Squashed a bug that allowed only the first link shortened on a page via the right click context menu to work correctly. Renamed the existing "Upload to Phota" to "Fetch Image w/ Phota" and added new code to "Upload to Phota" which pulls the image from the browser cache and uploads it. v1.5.1 Changed upload to Phota from a GET to a POST operation to help with those behind content filters. v1.5.0 Fixed support for goo.gl and added overall framework support for shorteners that require JSON. v1.4.1 You can now send Chrome tab screenshots to Phota.me as JPG or PNG. v1.3.3 Related to Phota upload - fixed issues with right clicking directly on images. v1.3.2 Added rudamentary support for uploading images to Phota.me (right click on the link or image) v1.3.0 Added the ability to add custom short links. Enable the setting in options for the TinyW.in url shortener. v1.2.0 Added "Shorten with TWurl to the right click context menu. If you right click on a link TWurl will open in a popup and shorten the link. v1.1.2 Fix an issue where using advanced options would break shortening URLs. v1.1.1 Fixed a typo. v1.1.0 Added TinyW.in QR code support. You can now enable the display of QR codes when shorting URLs. v1.0.2 Added registration link for TinyW.in v1.0.1 First public release - Forked from ChromeMUSE which now appears to be missing from the Chrome Store and for which it appears development has stopped. Changed the default URL shortener to TinyW.in - The offical url shortener of TWurl This project brought to you by http://teamw.in
- (2019-09-03) k knock: I thought that it was great; quick and easy to use. I embedded may of their shortcuts in my correspondences and documents. Now nothing works, (for more than a week now) its like their server is offline and I will have do a tremendous amount of work to re-find all of the websites that I had shortened.
- (2019-04-26) Jano Nym: Funktioniert nicht mehr so wie es soll.
- (2019-04-16) Taylor Child: WOOOOOO I love it! Only one that's workin for me! Thank you!
- (2019-04-15) John R. Sowash: Simple URL shortener with minimal to no setup. Can be customized if desired. After you install the extension, make sure you refresh the page you are trying to shorten!
- (2019-04-05) Dennis Balla: Does not function like screenshot in the overview. Disliked it so much I removed it in under 10 minutes.
- (2018-04-12) Yvonne Shelby: I had to find an alternative to a much more popular one, since goo.gl is stopping their shortening services. The shortener and QR maker were easy to use!
- (2018-02-27) Mackenzie Carter: no different at all
- (2018-02-12) Jordan Feslidis: Μόνο sorten δeν κάνει expand... ψεύτες...
- (2018-01-22) Danish Khan: perfect. i got what i want
- (2017-08-25) Mark Venturino: great app
- (2017-04-10) Margaret Iziren: Ithink this app will be a great app. when I mastered it.
- (2017-02-11) Vanq Nikolaeva: харесвам
- (2013-12-02) John Alberello: Generates an intermediate url that cannot be trusted. Most likely harmful
- (2012-08-16) jiang joby: 最好用的网址缩短应用，有一个问题：鼠标右键缩短网址，可能因为缓存的原因，对不同网址缩短，结果是一样的，这个很糟糕
- (2012-05-23) Very great and useful app! Thanks for continuing where ChromeMUSE left off. The only thing I don't particularly like is the icon in the address bar.
- (2019-09-03, v:2.2.0) k knock: TinyW.in can't generate shorten url, and ones that it has generated in the past no longer work.
Is your site down temporarily, or for ever? Should I be looking for another URL shortener?
- (2019-08-29, v:2.2.0) Lai Kwok Hung黎國雄: TinyW.in can't generate shorten url and QR code !!!
TinyW.in. no longer works. It still shows as a Chrome Extention but will not genertate a QR code like it used to. All what I have generated before cannot work anymore. Please fix it.
- (2019-03-04, v:2.2.0) modi X: content script broken
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '1' of null at HTMLAnchorElement.<anonymous> (content_script.js:41) at Function.each (jquery-1.7.min.js:2) at init.each (jquery-1.7.min.js:2) at scanLinks (content_script.js:34) at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (content_script.js:55) at n (jquery-1.7.min.js:2) at Object.fireWith (jquery-1.7.min.js:2) at ready (jquery-1.7.min.js:2) The error exists for ages, I doubt this will be fixed like the other problems. Tinyw.in still works great, though.
- (2018-11-29, v:2.2.0) Shijun Tian: 3.ly is broken, please help fix it.
Query by this Ext: http://3.ly/?api=em5893833&u=https://www.intelligenteconomist.com/ Its current API: http://3.ly/api/short?longurl=https://www.intelligenteconomist.com/ http://3.ly/api
- (2018-10-03, v:2.2.0) diego rodrigues: como posso baixar o minecraft no google
como posso baixar o minecraft no google
- (2018-08-27, v:2.2.0) Grant Taylor: Never works
It says it will show on sites it will work on, but I haven't found any.
- (2018-08-16, v:2.2.0) Art Nolte: TinyW.in...
I use TinyW.in... to generate QR codes. For some reason, it no longer works. It still shows as a Chrome Extention but will not genertate a QR code like it used to.
- (2017-06-04, v:2.2.0) لا يمكن تغير البريد الالكتروني
اريد تغير البريد الالكتروني