Adds useful features to 37signals Campfire.
• Desktop notifications for new messages. • Adds the ability to remove enter, leave, and timestamp messages. • Adds emoji & sound auto-complete. • Option to show user avatars. • Option to highlight your name when it's mentioned. • Many other convenient features that improve the campfire experience. Submit your questions and suggestions at: https://github.com/ejensen/Kindling/issues Kindling is open source! Help improve it on GitHub: https://github.com/ejensen/Kindling
- (2017-07-25) Tom Jordahl: Since Campfire was put in to maintenance mode, this extension really makes using it so much nicer!
- (2013-07-12) Attila Oláh: The Campfire client long needed an extension like this. Nice work. It would be nice to have different color schemes for each room.
- (2013-06-21) Prasith Govin: Nice extension when it works but notifications often don't work for me on OSX Lion 10.7.5
- (2013-02-08) Jason Socha: Fantastic extension. Much fun in Campfire. Needs update, though - some new sounds have been added that aren't on the menu.
- (2013-01-25) Alicia Gulston: How do you use the emojis though?
- (2012-12-20) Matthew Nuzum: Thanks, very nice. I would love to be able to switch to different rooms in minimal view.
- (2012-12-18) Ruslan Khaertdinov: Очень удобен: есть аватарки, браузерные уведомления и пр. Рекомендую установить и хотя бы попробовать - Вам понравится! =)
- (2012-09-18) The notifications don't seem to work. I'm running OSX snow leopard with the latest chrome build.
- (2012-09-06) Joseph Jeganathan: This is great, a simple and best notifier among all the notifiers available for windows.
- (2012-08-07) Chris Haynes: I love the idea but I can't seem to get this to work on Chrome in Mac OSX Mountain Lion. Is there anything that needs to be setup differently to make this work?
- (2012-07-19) Ryan Charles: Fantastic. The pop-up notifications if your name is mentioned is my is favorite feature. Emoji menu, sound menu. So great! So great. One request: can you swap the tab title so that the room name is in front of "Campfire"? Like this: "Devchat:Campfire" instead of "Campfire:Devchat"
- (2012-05-17) Guilherme Vinicius Moreira: Very nice features. Amazing work.
- (2012-04-13) Tony Bullard: Certainly helpful, but the notifications seem to pick and choose when to work. Pretty frustrating.
- (2012-03-05) JD Hartley: I really like this, but I wish there was a way to set the avatars to be a little smaller. Right now they are way too big. Update: the author updated in 3.2 with smaller avatars! AWESOME.
- (2012-02-03) Leonardo Assis: Great app. 4 starts only because it's buggy if the room name haves a #.
- (2011-11-23) Alisson Sales: Like it. One missing feature I would like to see, clear screen.
- (2017-02-08, v:4.4.4) Jutta Möhrmann: einlogen geht nicht
ich komm in campfire nicht mehr rein
- (2017-02-08, v:4.4.4) Carsten Dalichow: einloogen
ich kann mich nicht mehr anmelden
- (2017-02-08, v:4.4.4) Carsten Dalichow: einloggen
ich komm in campfire nicht mehr rein
- (2014-09-24, v:4.4.2) Chad Gibson: Emoji Menu not Correct
The emoji menu doesn't have all the correct commands for Campfire. For example, the Emoji that looks like a person wincing their eyes with their tongue stuck out is entered as ":tongue:". It should be ":stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:". Also, ":tongue2:" is used for the Emoji of just a tongue sticking out, when it should be simply ":tongue:". I have not looked at all the Emojis to determine what is correct, but I refer to the list at 'http://www.emoji-cheat-sheet.com/' to enter the Emojis manually.
- (2014-09-12, v:4.4.0) Adam Brunner: Notification not working any more
No more desktop notifications. Arguably the most useful feature of this plugin.
- (2014-09-09, v:4.4.0) Anthony Fox-Davies: No notifications on OSX 10.9 since last Chrome update
I've fiddled with the settings a lot but can't find any config that gets the notifications to come through. My colleague has the same issue on Windows and another person in this issue queue has reported the same thing last week. Hoping this can be fixed!
- (2014-09-05, v:4.4.0) Bibu Babu: Notification not coming in Version 37.0.2062.103 m of Chrome
I have installed Kindling for Campfire. But the notifications are not coming when my Chrome has been updated. Please look into it asap
- (2014-01-14, v:4.3.1) Jaspreet Bansal: Kindling
I'm running OSx 10.9.1, just added kindling and not seeing any desktop notifications
- (2013-03-12, v:4.0.2) Edward Churchward: Drag and drop image/file uploads
It would be very handy to have the ability to drag and drop files to automatically upload to campfire.
- (2013-03-07, v:4.0.2) Ignacio Carrera: Aggregating contiguous message from same user
Would it be possible to merge all contiguous message from one user and show the name and avatar once for each group?