Block Facebook Completely
Block Facebook helps you protect your privacy by blocking all URLs associated with Facebook (including Facebook's tracking pixels). It works in two ways: > When you try to visit any of the URLs associated with Facebook, for example, facebook.com, developer.facebook.com, apps.facebook.com etc, it blocks the website from loading and redirects you to a locally hosted page with a message that says: "Your Facebook Has Been Blocked". > When you visit a website that has a Facebook tracking pixel on it, the Chrome Extension will stop that pixel from firing thereby rendering Facebook incapable of tracking your browsing behavior across multiple sites. Why should you install it? : https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/19/17141266/facebook-cambridge-analytica-user-data-donald-trump-campaign-2016-election Block Facebook extension in the news: https://www.waterloochronicle.ca/news-story/8566331-uw-grad-creates-block-facebook-chrome-extension/ I'll be happy to answer all of your questions in the reviews section. Thanks!
- (2020-07-03) Ahmad Morad: Works perfectly. Go to hell facebook. :D
- (2020-06-29) Janne Granström: something what i consider to do myself but you got it first, great \o/
- (2020-03-29) Parcifal Snijders: Nice work! It would be nice if the message you get is customisable so I can turn it into a more quiet message than the one it is now.
- (2020-03-04) Victoria Atanasova: It works perfect but it would be really helpful to be able to turn it on/off just for specific hours and days. Because now the only option is to remove the extension and then install it again.
- (2020-01-28) Yaroslav Serhieiev: To the people hesitating to install, as of January 28, 2020, I have checked the source code of the extension! Nothing extra, very neat, effective and honest extension. Thanks to the author for the useful contribution to our human society!
- (2020-01-27) Ben Reaves: I love it, but for 2 things. One is that it blocks only fb, the other is that it substitutes with a loud graphic that looks like an error. Is there a way to change that graphic to be something "quieter" - maybe a solid color with smaller letters?
- (2020-01-08) J.R. White: I didn't end up using this as I want to continue using WhatsApp Web. The author suggested they could add an option for this 1.5 years ago, in June 2018. However, they seem to have failed to update this app, as the Options menu option is not available whatsoever.
- (2020-01-05) Jakub Kurdybelski: It's nice but it's not allow to uncheck only one link for example whatsapp. You can turn all on or turn all off and after it choose manually with sites you want to block but it take forever (1 sek break after each block site turn on).
- (2019-12-19) FoRKsH Khadr: it blocks whatsapp !!!
- (2019-11-02) Active Avi: Facebook is cancer. Thanks for this wonderful extension.
- (2019-09-26) Nishnath Thaweesha: Great plugin
- (2019-09-14) Thaddeus Gulden: Good app for blocking an addictive and anxiety-provoking website.
- (2019-09-11) Henry: Works as intended, nice to see how often you visit a facebook owned domain. But i would like to have a whitelist or a "quick turn off" in the app icon, because sometimes I want to/need to visit a domain and then have to manually disable and later enable it in the Chrome extensions settings.
- (2019-08-26) Eklo Ekmuft: F&&& Facebook
- (2019-07-03) Ed David: I am addicted to social media and especially facebook - I waste hours on it having meaningless conversations that go nowhere. GOOD BYE TO YOU, and hello other wastes of time!
- (2019-06-27) Jeffrey faul: AWESOME THANK YOU !!!!!!
- (2019-06-04) Justin Capaz: I literally just added it, but it deserves all stars, just on principle. Anybody notice FB is a sewer? yeah, it is. Thank You, sarim!
- (2019-05-19) Sushi Mori: Works great, except I just discovered it isn't blocking https://fi-fi.facebook.com and perhaps not other country-specific sub domains? Can you fix that? Thanks so much for making this addon.
- (2019-03-26) Marius Pranskunas: After years using FB for work I got completely sick of it. It does have some uses, but in the end is pointless waste of time. It does have small usability still, but I gave myself 7 days off the bloody thing and got this extension to block it on my Mac and MacBook. Works like a dream, just maybe one suggestion, maybe one could add second level of blocking where you could not open it for the set time (e.g. 7 days) even if you want to. Hope this option would be possible on the iPhone.
- (2019-03-08) Dan Leeson: Works like a charm!
- (2019-03-06) Chris Bloom: This does exactly what it advertises. I quit Facebook months ago but still find myself habitually going to the site without thinking about it. This is a good reminder why I left, and also helps prevent me from wasting time on Instagram as well.
- (2019-01-24) Roeland Delrue: Gets the job done
- (2019-01-19) Belek Jenkins: I just wanted something to block Sh*tbook links that I would unknowingly click on while browsing Reddit, this extension does the job wonderfully.
- (2019-01-09) Bobby Bogl: Doesn't work at all. Ghostery still shows facebook connect is using trackers. Waste of resources.
- (2018-12-14) فارس النور: good ;)