Designed for those wanting to learn Spanish but unable to invest the time required to do so.
STILL IN DEVELOPMENT Ever had the desire to learn Spanish but just haven't been able to find the time to do so? Is the thought of having to take time out of your normal browsing habits to learn a new language sickening? Then the Sneaky Spanish extension is for you! Sneaky Spanish allows you to learn Spanish in the context of web pages you are already reading on the web by selectively translating words and passages on the pages you view. Features: - Seamlessly translates words in a webpage to Spanish without interrupting your normal browsing habits. - Right click on a translated word to see its English translation, part of speech, the number of times you have clicked that word, and even hear how to pronounce it! - Ability to highlight all translated words if desired. - Get stats on how many words you have clicked, and how total times you have clicked on them.
- (2020-10-06) Ryan Kendrick: Worked great initially. Then stopped translating words completely even on highest setting. Also somehow managed to disable drop boxes on multiple sites for months. Finally found out THIS extension was the cause. Unsure why.
- (2020-08-25) Martin Naumov: It doesn't come with any instructions whatsoever. You'd expect it to work by hovering over a word, or even CTRL+Click, but nothing seems to work.
- (2019-02-03) Dewd Guy: It's an interesting concept but doesn't work well in execution. There is only a set number of specific words that are translated and context isn't taken into account, which leads to inaccurate translations.
- (2018-12-15) Roz Glz: can't get it to work on my Chromebook!
- (2018-08-06) Joseph Vanover: Everything works great except for the, "Modify Dictionary" option in the settings. I would like to add more words but every time I click on it nothing happens. And when I come back to the check box it is unchecked. It just keeps unchecking itself. I've tried checking it on the dictionary page, before I go to the dictionary page, I try unchecking and rechecking multiple times but nothing happens.
- (2018-07-08) Matt C: This app is great, I like discovering new Spanish words as I go about my normal activities. I saw mention of a customisable dictionary in another review. Tt would be great to have the dictionary include specific words I need to learn and grow as I improve my own skills. Is this part of the app still in development?
- (2018-02-21) Frank Corby: I really enjoy this App, it gives me confidence that I am learning more Spanish words. When I come across a word I don't know, I look it up and make a note of it. I have tried learning Spanish for several years but this encourages me more than some of the other sources I use in the past.
- (2017-09-15) b: i love this app, but have one problem. It causes some website to act funny. Websites that have dropdown menu-like features (dell.com and SacCT are sites i noticed it on) don't work; intended menus do not appear.
- (2017-03-30) Seems amazing, but I have some trouble to make it work. No popup when I select or double-click a word. Please improve the options.
- (2017-03-28) Andi Nealon: This is pretty great! Except it translates "right" as "derecho". "Derecho" is "straight" and "derecha" is "right."
- (2017-02-14) Don O'Neill: I really like this addon. I do have one small technical issue in chrome on Windows though...when it's enabled, if I'm reading an article, the paragraphs have no space between them. Like it somehow changes the way the browser renders p or div tags or something. Small issue. Otherwise, great concept that will be even greater when customizable dictionaries are available.
- (2016-09-26) Denis Y: Extension breaks layout on some pages, for example twitch.tv. Disabling does not help, only uninstalling does. Otherwise seems good, I liked rignt-click tooltips. I used a similar extension for Japanese kanjis and this gimmick is quite useful. I would like to install it again when this issue is fixed. Also maybe you could add 'dont use on this page' option, since it is hard to ensure all pages are working fine.
- (2016-05-04) Jacqueline Brown: Some of the translations in the dictionary are incorrect in context and I am unable to go in and modify or add to the dictionary. ctrl-click doesn't offer a translation option.
- (2016-04-25) Laurence Currie-Clark: Great app but it doesn't work when I ctrl-click on Mac OS X 10.6.8 - and I only rarely use a mouse! (confirmed works with right click on mouse)
- (2016-04-08) Aesa Kamar: Awesome way to learn some vocabulary, great Open Source Initiative! Me gusta~
- (2016-03-09) Opiate Holidays: I love it, please keep adding to it! The Idea is brilliant, you just need to put in a bit of money into advertising and it'll take off like a rocket ship shot off by Shia Laboeuf.