Babelbar, the new way to read and hear web sites. Babelbar has been specially designed to work with Facebook & Twitter & includes many abbreviations & emoticon symbols. It also translates in full audio & text so you can finally read those status updates, tweets & chats from friends you made in far away places. Works with any web site you visit so a great research and learning tool as well. Any slang words we haven't yet included, let us know at www.babelbar.com.
- (2015-07-12) fatah Tani: the auto read option is adorable well done
- (2015-04-22) Funktioniert ja gar nicht
- (2014-08-01) Johnny Kelley: Nice extension that includes TTS, font enlargement, background color change, and language translation. Female English accent TTS sounds calm and inviting. TTS will work either by hovering over the text (must turn on "Auto Read"), or by manually selecting the text. Font enlargement works very well. Background change also works well. Translation from Spanish was a bit sketchy but helpful. All in all a great extension. I'm keeping this one.
- (2013-03-15) Complex Carbivorous: Very well done translation/tts extension - should be more advertised - it comes only second to "Select and Speak" and that's because it does not have an option for context menu shortcut (right-click) Has all the languages I need - French, Braz. Port. and English and much more. Any text can be simultaneously translated and spoken into your preferred language.
- (2012-06-15) Rob Kendrick: This worked really well. Even on Facebook with all the smiley faces and abbreviations people use.
- (2012-06-15) Richard Fenner: Worked Great! It meant I could translate a foreign web page and have it read to me instantly!
- (2019-06-04, v:1.3) Geoff Speedie: does not work on Youtube. I just was testing it out, and it wouldn't even read the bio about the video, let alone the comments. I tried auto read on, auto read on and trying to select text even though auto read is crazy
does not work on Youtube. I just was testing it out, and it wouldn't even read the bio about the video, let alone the comments. I tried auto read on, auto read on and trying to select text even though auto read is crazy because it follows your mouse pointer so every frame of the page gets highlighted as i move my mouse to click. I wonder if its better with hotkeys, but i have so many set already, i don't know if i really need this that often to warrant a hotkey. anyway, yeah it doesnt work on youtube. SO FAR, hasn't worked AT ALL
- (2015-05-06, v:1.3) Rob Johnston: How to remove?
Once it's installed it seems impossible to turn it off or uninstall and it is driving me mad! Also, the voice is extremely stilted and difficult to understand -- way behind even the already installed 'Narrator' function in Windows Ease of Access.
- (2015-01-09, v:1.3) Kimberly K.: Inconsistant
Seems to only work sporadically with a higher probability of function only when the auto read option is active.