Save YouTube live streaming chats in your browser. Download as CSV to read later.
YouTube doesn't have any option to save the live chats for live streaming. Well, it's not supposed to have. Live chats aren't meant for reading later but to react them instantly as the video is live. But there can be instances when it is essential to save them for future reading. One use-case can be a instructor giving lesson to her student and asked to leave feedback with rating. Once the video is over, she wants a consolidated view of all the ratings. This add-on will help you to achieve that. * Enable saving chats for a live streaming * Save info like name, time, comment including profile pic * Read them once the streaming is over exactly the way you do while it was live * Export chats as csv to save in cloud or send in email
- (2021-04-01) TWP kong2: Great, but it doesn't support any language expect English. All the characters converted into unicode. I suggest replace content_script.js Line 188: 'data:text/csv;charset=utf-8,' + escape(CSV) to this one: 'data:text/csv;charset=utf-8,%EF%BB%BF' + encodeURI(CSV)
- (2021-03-26) Sam Sheridan: There are no instructions, there's no button that offers a save options, and literally everyone who has the same problem here in the reviews has no answer...
- (2021-03-16) Eduardo Torres: I tired to use the plug-in and it was not working. Is it offline ?
- (2021-03-04) K Sinnott: Was so hopeful, but it wouldn't let me download the chat - clicked on the link but nothing happened.
- (2021-02-28) Mitchell Anderson: Can't see the button on Chat Replays. Does it support chat replays? With slow mode?
- (2020-12-29) jeff rowe: works good but there is no way to clear out the cache other then to uninstall it and reinstall
- (2020-12-20) Sam Bailey: Installed it. Closed and reopened Chrome. The Save Chat button wasn't there. I restarted my laptop. The save button wasn't there. Any help as to how to get this work would be grateful. Otherwise this extension does not work.
- (2020-11-08) Daniel Caplinger: This is exactly what I need to save the premiere chats from before the video I will most likely never see again! Also, I hear that some of you have been experiencing network error when reaching some of the high numbers. It worked fine for me at nearly 8,000. If you do get a network error, just click resume. I've had that happen to me with some things before.
- (2020-11-03) Ting-Yen Hsu: It works pretty good except some row of data were placed into wrong column. For example, message was placed into date and URL. Not sure if it related to encoding system?
- (2020-10-14) PugFace Media: WORKS GREAT. THANKS
- (2020-10-05) Saulo Soares: It doesn't work with finished livestreams, only those currently live :/
- (2020-09-22) otwo cho: It works download csv file very well. but it crushed korean message.
- (2020-06-28) 金尚碧: I installed this Chrome Extension. However when open the live streaming video URL.I cannot find the 'Save Chat' button in the header
- (2019-09-13) Jay Wong: It works pretty good when there are not many saved messages. I got "download Failed - Network error" when the message size hit 7000. Really appreciate it if you can fix it (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
- (2019-08-25) Landy Sandal: I CAN'T EXPORT CHAT???
- (2019-06-12) Hartman Tam: It originally does what I want, but it failed when the chat goes to like 8000.
- (2018-12-07) Disciple de Jésus-Christ: marche
- (2017-12-26) Debasish panda: this is what i was looking for. Working fine.
- (2017-12-20) cetrin41 ma lee gas: good