Turns emoticons :) to emoji 🙂 and provides lookup directly in the input field you’re typing in.
Smiley Caret allows you to write emoji as if you’re using Messenger or Skype. It can convert emoticons like those :) :D 8) into their emoji counterparts 🙂 😀 😎 You can also search for emoji by typing a colon ‘:’ and the search query after, which will open a dropdown filled with emoji for you to choose. Features: - FREE - NO ADS - Over 2500 of the latest emoji - 30 shortcodes for extra quick access - Instant conversion in the very input you’re typing in - Works on every website, including Twitter, Gmail and many more - Emoji search while typing - Fuzzy searching - misspelling a word while searching would still show what you’re looking for - Automatically turned off for password and email fields - Can be turned off temporarily very easy by just clicking the extension icon - Excellent performance - doesn’t slow websites at all - Will not alter the behavior of input fields in any way, preserving a good user experience ***** Open the Smiley Caret options page by right clicking the extension icon to see all the available shortcodes as well as some tips about the extension! *****
- (2020-09-03) Zaw Htet: So easy use. Thankyou
- (2019-08-15) Ava Gates: This works pretty well! I kinda wish the context menu would open upward if opening downward would cause it to go off-screen.
- (2019-06-02) hamza mostakim: Thankssss so much ♥♥♥
- (2019-05-16) DeepakKumar Yadav: wish the smileys where slightly more bigger in size. I use it on Stash/Bitbucket/Jira - and the smileys look very small
- (2019-03-15) Or Schiro: Really cool! 👍🙂
- (2018-03-23) Rahul Golwalkar: the extension is great.. would be great if you can make it a bit more user friendly - once i enter :laugh i want to scroll through the emojis with arrow keys without using my mouse .. probably if i press Tab key, it would allow me to scroll using arrows . please do it .. definitely will spread the word about the extension either way .
- (2018-01-25) have always tried multiple emoji apps and have never been satisfied with any. I have tried the native emoji palette on Mac, but have found it to be slow at times. Rocket for Mac wasn't up to the mark either. Smiley Caret is definitely fast. Works only on Google Chrome, but that's okay.
- (2020-05-11, v:1.1.1) Burak Garcı: incompatible website
Hi, thanks for the effort on this great extension. I've been using the extension since long time on wolflive.com social app, they've updated their web site and extension is not working anymore. I would really appreciated if you could take a look. Thank you.
- (2020-04-26, v:1.1.1) Michael Tippie: Is there a way to capture the arrow keys?
I'm sure like most people, I installed this extension after using slack's colon-access to emojis too much at work. The whole point of the colon command is to not have to take my hands off the keyboard to type an emoji - is there a way you could get your context menu to capture the up and down arrow keys?
- (2019-01-14, v:1.1.1) Popup not completely visible when text field is at bottom of screen
If the text field is at the bottom of the screen the emoj popup is not completely visible. The major part of the popup is below the window boundary.
- (2018-06-24, v:1.1.1) Michele Mazzacano: Blacklist/Whitelist
Hi, can you add the "blacklist" / "whitelist"? Some website has got an internal script to replace text to emoji. For this reason, I need to add this website in a blacklist. Thank for all.
- (2018-01-25, v:1.0) Bikram Agarwal: Rectangle boxes.
Using this on Windows 7 desktop, Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). I am getting rectangular boxes instead of emojis. A few codes that are getting converted are getting converted into emoticons and not emojis.