Watchdog Chrome Extension
Dear CryptoPolice community! After a few months of concentrated work, we have some excellent news for you! Due to sufficient personal funding and thanks to each and one of you who have supported our project in the early stage the funding that we received allowed us to get this far with product development! The next WatchDog version which will help you to protect yourselves from scams, fraud and phishing on the Internet is now open for download at Chrome Store and free of charge. Please take into account that your feedback is welcome because we see this current version still like the beginning of the WatchDog 1.0, which will provide the Ultimate protection as we envision it. We have learned that current solutions for protecting yourself online are very inefficient because you have to search through 5-10 existing scam and fraud databases to check if the site is not a well-known scam. Moreover, smaller sites and young domains are not registered in mentioned databases at all. That's why we have realised improved concept for WatchDog creating Technical Analysis and Crowd Analysis. Technical analysis is gathering data from multiple existing scam and fraud databases and showing information to you in one place - our extension. However, in case the site is not in the current scam and fraud database you can send a request to the crowd to check sites legitimacy. Check the features: New design The WatchDog has an entirely new design - neutral colours, light style and nothing redundant. Technical “on the flight” analysis Every time you visit any web page on the Internet the WatchDog will screen the webpage for specific parameters which will help you to see “Red Flags” and understand is the webpage safe or not: Domain registration date - will help you to see when the domain was registered. It is always suspicious when the domain is very new. Connection safety (secure or not secure) - will give you information about the usage of STTP type of connection and you will now is it safe to share your personal information on this webpage. Organisation check (verified or not verified) - will show information if a company or organisation is verified by SSL certificate issuer. Index page analysis - will detect and check the main page of the website. Some fraudulent website is hiding the first page to protect themselves from detection. Redirects count - you can also see how many redirections happens when you go to the webpage. Too many redirects (over two ones) is a danger sign. Multiple scam and phishing databases Automated checking with multiple scam and phishing databases will protect you from the majority of well-known fraud and phishing web pages. At this time we have Etherscam DB and Phishtank connected. We are going to link the other ones to our extension shortly. Report a scam This feature gives an opportunity to send every suspicious web page for the detailed verification. At the date it is working in test mode - we collect all reports and setting up the verification process. So please, use the WatchDog, and you are welcome to the safe Internet!
- (2021-01-02) Željko Božić: What happened with this app and project? I can not sign up (?) I'm getting this message all the time: "Sorry! Something went wrong!"
- (2019-10-27) k m: After a bit of research into the concept of CryptoPolice (app developers) it would seem the agenda being solely: * a Multi-Level-Marketing scheme (Officer pyramid) that benefits the upper tiers in the pyramid * promotion of OFCR tokens * an Affiliate-Marketing scheme (Trust Search - https://thetrustsearch.com/)
- (2018-09-08) Know Everything - إعرف كل شيء: great project and add in chrome First community based decentralized police on blockchain All texts, images, charts, audio and video files, documents, ideas and other information, as well as its placement on the website, are protected by copyright, including in cases where there is no specific indication of this fact. Any unauthorized use of materials listed above or.
- (2018-07-11) Yani Petkov: I think CryptoPolice is on the right path becoming well respected platform in the blockchain world! I wish the Team a great success!
- (2018-07-05) Arturs R.: GO GO GO!
- (2018-07-04) Sérgio Schneider: Beautiful! Lets go cryptopolice!