This extension will identify far-right users on reddit.com
This plugin is designed to highlight far-right extremists and potential trolls on reddit.com. With dozens of communities, hundreds of thousands of users, and millions of posts currently tagged, this plugin gives you free access to the most comprehensive collection of bad actors on reddit.
- (2020-12-15) Dylan Benson: Promotes extremists to target people who they don't agree with all because they post to a certain subreddit.
- (2020-11-27) Brook Castillo: Love it, changed the rad fem sub tags to greens and blues. upvotes for sisters! wish i could add my own subs, tho.
- (2020-11-19) Shark: Love it! Great to see who is the reasonable person, and who is tolerant of other view points. A person posting on KotakuInAction or CringeAnarchy is much more reasonable and tolerant than anyone posting on Feminists. So I'm using it to make it easy to spot people who are nicer and more reasonable. Great tool! Not using for what the author originally intended, but in $CURRENTYEAR, the alt-left tactics often backfire spectacularly!
- (2020-11-19) A Meme Conservator: Using this to find good subreddits and users! The left doesn't understand the irony of "marking" certain people in society once again.
- (2020-11-13) Matthew Meier: unapologetically biased
- (2020-09-20) Andrew Luedtke: is there a way to select which subreddits get marked?
- (2020-09-13) Chris: Can't choose what subs you want to tag outside of the arbitrary list the creator has chosen. Will reinstall when the creator can take what they dish
- (2020-09-11) StartledSloth: It's basically the Reddit version of the glasses from They Live. Does what it's supposed to, but definitely wears you out after a while.
- (2020-09-08) joshy0928: Lol bunch of people here angry that their previous alt right views can be used against them in a public forum. Stay mad.
- (2020-09-02) Matthew Bryant: A great extension to give you an idea of whether or not a user is posting/arguing in bad faith or actually trying to have a productive conversation.
- (2020-08-11) Abdurazaaq Mohammed: do i even need to say it
- (2020-08-10) comrade homie: nice.
- (2020-08-07) Nils Grønkjær: Save your time with this trash and get "Neutral Reddit Masstagger" which allows you to actually set your own subs for tagging. This was created by a literal crybaby who cannot stand opinions that don't echo his own. Neutral Reddit Masstagger is completely open-source and has nothing to do with this extension what-so-ever. It's not remotely copyrighted in any way. If you download this you're supporting censorship and fostering an ideology that keeps you uneducated, overly sensitive and paranoid about people who have differing views to you. There is nothing wrong with wanting to avoid groups of people who are insufferable I use NRMT (not this garbage) to identify the whining, peabrained, insufferable clowns that frequent subs like /r/twoxchromosomes, /r/relationshipadvice, /r/offmychest, /r/fragilewhiteredditor et cetera. The difference is that I set my own rules using opentagger whereas with masstagger you allow a sniviling child dictate who you should engage with. It's about as stupid as worshipping an alt-right icon. Get NRMT (Google it, it works with Firefox and Chrome) and reject any attempt to buy in to someone else's definition of what should be avoided and what shouldn't be. Nice try Morpen.
- (2020-08-07) Cassette Review: Oh look it's garbage! This guy asked for literally $500 to keep this addon working, but still ultimately abandoned it anyway. RIP people's money. Just use the Open Source version and be grateful it exists and doesn't infringe on your privacy and the guy who made it is nice enough to even decline donations. No wonder this was deleted from the Firefox extension library after complaints about privacy and abuse.
- (2020-07-15) Kris Pa: lol this is so unapologetically one-sided it's insane. I'm tagged as a goingtohellforthis user and I haven't even posted there in years, not to mention the fact it doesn't matter what you post so long as you're tagged as posting to the 'far-right' subs of reddit. This extension is so detrimental, all it really does is teach people not to engage or shrug off literally any viewpoint based on a lazy tag, setting the precedent to ignore anything that differs from their own preconceptions. How much more blindly pretentious and willfully ignorant can you get if you rely on something like this? The fact it only encompasses one specific set of subs, avoiding the same exact brigading toxic ones like r/politics or r/ourpresident, with no options to tailor the extension, should say it all.
- (2020-03-26) danyukhin: thank you!
- (2020-02-12) Darian Fam: Jew star of the internet!! Great app
- (2020-02-08) Dabi: This is exactly what I needed, thank you.
- (2020-02-08) David M: Very insightful tool for highlighting bad faith actors on reddit. That being said, it is finicky at time and can fail to load, especially when paired with other reddit extensions like RES.
- (2020-02-05) Hugh: a rare example of where the low ratings are proof that the extension does its job perfectly
- (2020-01-24) Olivier Labbé: Used to target people for political and ideological purpos, is more Nazi than the one whom they claim to target.
- (2020-01-23) L R: What kind of a stupid extension is this? You have a different opinion than me AND post in r/pewdiepiesubmission, I will now ignore you and call you a Nazi.
- (2020-01-12) Jakob Laube: Great extension, I would never browse Reddit without this crucial protection from trolls, dark nerds, and other internet scum.
- (2019-12-31) Snowkitty: This is absolutely disgusting!. While I don't subscribe to far right propaganda, I find it alarming that people would make extensions targeting one single political group. This should be reported.
- (2019-12-07) Ricardo De Paula: Love it! Great to see who is the reasonable person, and who is tolerant of other view points. A person posting on KotakuInAction or CringeAnarchy is much more reasonable and tolerant than anyone posting on Feminists. So I'm using it to make it easy to spot people who are nicer and more reasonable. Great tool! Not using for what the author originally intended, but in $CURRENTYEAR, the alt-left tactics often backfire spectacularly!
- (2019-12-04) Passeron: stupid
- (2019-12-01) Jack S: Great leftist extension for bigots. Let's you find and demonize people who are conservative.
- (2019-12-01) Durd Lurd: Is extremely biased and calls subs like r/pewdiepiesubmissions hate speech because of one bad thing he did,and I am pretty leftist and I think its god awful to bereate someone for a few right wing views(note: some subs are mildy conservative and not actually hate subs. Download extension if SJW
- (2019-11-29) Matt Styles: It's like something straight out of 1984, or maybe more relatable: Black mirror- its a sad state of affairs when people are afraid of debating alternative points of view.
- (2019-11-27) Nav K: Lmao "I don't agree with this opinion so it's far-right and WE WILL SHOW EM" The addon doesn't even say it tags trolls from the far-left. No, because freedom of speech is what I say it is. All else is hate speech. Whoever came up with this idea is the very definition of a bigot.
- (2019-11-26) Scarlett Glow: Apparently a lesbian subreddit which bans men is on the same level as a nazi hub. I don't know why this guy thinks he is arbiter to right/wrong, but this is nothing but a narcissist endeavor that makes snap judgements on people for their participation in subs he personally doesn't find tasteful because he's a homophobe.
- (2019-11-02) Paprika: Using this exactly for the opposite of it's intended purpose. Thanks for letting me see who's based.
- (2019-10-30) Mossad הַמוֹסָד: A lot of subreddits that are not offensive at all get tagged. In general a horrible idea. It also slows my computer down and makes hundreds of network calls every time you load a page on reddit also slowing your network down and using your bandwidth. 🐸🥛👌🏼
- (2019-10-29) Lauren G: The extension is used to unfairly target and harm transgender people on reddit.
- (2019-10-29) Crapa Boxaforspama: This extension doesn't tag people in /r/politics or /r/politicalhumor. Instead it bothers me about people that are using common sense. This thing doesn't work at all.
- (2019-10-18) BruH Bruhhh: only works for "alt right" people and apparently that is anyone who posts on /conservative. i need one that works for left wing trolls.
- (2019-10-02) Dylan Snyder: Worst extension I've ever seen. Causes division and gives users of a certain demography a star of david
- (2019-09-24) Otoro: poorly done, mass labeling people based on their political views causes some personal attacks on reddit. this isn't helping.
- (2019-09-17) Centuari: Fantastic addon. Looking by the other reviews it seems some chuds got really triggered.
- (2019-08-21) Foosh: Thanks for helping me find friends! You've actually made it easier to ignore ignorant people on Reddit since I can feel more comfortable conversing with fellow conservatives. Maybe look up "Bigot" before drugs ruin what's left of your brain.
- (2019-08-08) Tyler Brown: Literally the most useful Reddit extension out there. When an entire thread has super questionable comments and is looking like it has been astroturfed, and those red masstagger flags that pop up are a godsend.
- (2019-07-28) Christoffer Lindkvist: In which world is pewdiepiesubmissions a far right sub?
- (2019-07-19) Sciphere: Garbage app. Meant for people who are insecure about their own political views.
- (2019-07-17) Max B: Love the extension but it appears broken as of 7/17 -- not listing any subs upon clicking and no modifications to reddit that I see.
- (2019-07-02) Nes370: Includes non-extremist subreddits, and there's no option to whitelist them. This is particularly concerning, and I don't wish to see someone tagged as extremist for holding moderate views.
- (2019-06-26) K162: The best tool there is for exposing fascists on Reddit!
- (2019-06-18) Guan Li: saves me so much time
- (2019-06-08) ben Jamin: Awesome way to find and engage with people with over 100IQ!
- (2019-05-26) Mihael Fildstien: UI is meh. And you can't customly specify what subreddits to monitor. Those are minor issues though, the worst thing is the premise of something like that. Tagging people who express the 'wrong' views so they won't be able to participate in discussions with people with other views. Let's say a person is skeptical of climate change, so he posts in the subreddit 'climateskeptics'(Which is for some reason a 'hate' subrredit) Now everyone who has this extension will think he's 'hateful troll'. If everyone has this extension installed, this person will be essentially excluded from all other topics and be dismissed as a troll. He wouldn't be welcomed in science subs and thus wouldn't be encouraged to change his mind. But you know where he would be welcomed? In hate subs he previously had no interest in visiting, because non-hate subes would be closed to him. So this extension basically sends this person into an echo chamber of 'hate' instead of pulling him out. Not to mention that this also promotes the 'association fallacy' where a person would draw negative attention in a sub where he never commented before just because he posted something in an unrelated sub. This is very reminiscent of branding people for crimes. It's just now people are branded for 'thought crimes'.
- (2019-05-14) Michael Gaman: There's no way to change the tags. This is a political app, restricted in functionality to target specific ideologies.
- (2020-06-02, v:184.108.40.206) G L: LOVE THIS PLUGIN! Can it also display account age/karma?
LOVE THIS PLUGIN! Can it also display account age/karma?
- (2019-07-19, v:220.127.116.11) Mario Rivas: Update
Is there a way to make this list of subreddit customizable? Or a place to submit new one
- (2019-04-11, v:18.104.22.168) Agamidae: Add an option to reduce the size of the tag?
To me, on the new reddit design, the tag looks way too big, I'd prefer if the font was the same size as the username. Can this be changed?
- (2019-02-27, v:1.2.3) Jordan Smellie: "There was an issue contacting the server"
I've installed the extension and am attempting to follow the instruction of opening the settings panel and saving for the first time to sync the list, but the settings panel just gives me a popup saying "There was an issue contacting the server". I'm unable to close the popup, can't click any of the other buttons, and MassTagger doesn't appear to be doing anything on any Reddit pages (which is no surprise, since it hasn't synced the list yet). What's the problem here?
- (2019-02-07, v:1.2.3) Boris Baran: Stopped working
All I get is "There was an issue contacting the server".
- (2018-09-13, v:1.2.3) Steve Gore: This is developed specifically to shame & belittle others
on a social media platform (Reddit). No permission was given by me or others to use our information. This is a blatant violation of Chrome and Reddit policies. Please remove this tagger immediately. This is a privacy issue.
- (2018-09-13, v:1.2.3) This breaches the T&Cs of Reddit
This addon breaches the T&Cs at Reddit. Users can find themselves suspended. It also causes issues under data protection legislation in Europe and Open Borders agreements with the US. Whoops - not a good idea to use it, and another example of how a man in a hurry goes headlong forgetting that a precipsi is often not visible until it's too late.
- (2018-09-13, v:1.2.3) Michael Confoy: After not tagging a sub, it has disappeared when you go back to options
Not in tagging or not tagging. Same thing when I moved another sub to not tagging. And that sub will be tagged from that point forward even though it shows up on neither side. Can provide screenshots. Running Chrome 68.0.3440.106 64bit
- (2018-08-27, v:1.2.1) Emerson White: It would be nice to be able to add more subs
There are a million hateful subs. It would be nice to be able to add them as I go along. Also it would be nice to add good subs so I can see when someone is likely to be an ally.
- (2018-07-24, v:1.1.3) James Litvak: How does this work?
When I click on the extension, nothing shows up in either list. How am I supposed to use this extension?
- (2018-07-24, v:1.1.3) Jake: Issue contacting the server
"There was an issue contacting the server", on the extension options tab. Doesn't seem to work at the moment.
- (2018-07-23, v:1.1.3) Eristeo Perez: stops working
Extension stops tagging users after 2 or 3 pages. I followed instructions. I must restart chrome to get extension to tag a page