Call any phone number straight from where you are on a webpage
Go from browsing the web to making a call in one easy click with the 8x8 Web Dialer. You’ll save valuable seconds on each call and eliminate misdials. Once you install the Chrome extension, it automatically highlights all phone numbers in your web browser as a blue link. Click a phone # and the call is placed through the 8x8 Virtual Office Windows or Mac app. It’s a great way to save time every day: * Call any phone # in your web browser with one click. * Save seconds per call and improve your calling accuracy. * Big spreadsheet of numbers to call? Save it as an HTML file or load it into Google Sheets, and open it in your browser to create a clickable dialing directory. If you use the web frequently for research or sales prospecting, this browser extension from 8x8 can save you and your employees hours per year. REQUIREMENTS * Windows 7 or newer or Mac OS 10.9 or newer * 8x8 Virtual Office Windows or Mac application https://www.8x8.com/voip-business-phone-services/features/virtual-office-desktop * Chrome browser * 8x8 Web Dialer browser extensions also available for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- (2020-03-25) Stephen Hock: Great App for group meetings with excellent video and audio functions. Great for correspondence during these times of isolation and China Virus issues.
- (2019-11-19) Michael Lass: Moves the number about 25 spaces over causing alignment issues. Goes from (555)555-1212 to _________________________(555)555-1212
- (2019-10-18) Murad Rizman: It seems they forgot about this extension, it use to work fine now its mess and cant be fixed.
- (2019-04-25) Braxton Bailey: Does exactly what I need and what I wanted.
- (2019-04-06) Ben Snowden: Seems to have stopped working. It was rare that it would detect numbers but now even the ones it detects do nothing when clicked.
- (2019-03-11) Something has updated recently either with this extension or Chrome that breaks it. Phone numbers can still be clicked but Windows is asking me what extension I would like to open them with. It is not isolated, as it is happening with multiple co-workers as well.
- (2019-02-25) William Wright: works great for me on the Mac-Chrome
- (2018-12-26) Daniel T.: ZERO SUPPORT (It seems)
- (2018-12-04) Rex Rusling: can't wait to get out of my contract.
- (2018-08-01) Aaron Thomas: Has stopped working
- (2018-07-19) Connor Green: It bugs out way too often to be useful. might as well just type the number in yourself
- (2018-06-25) Daniel Taban: The extension has recently stopped highlighting all phone numbers on web pages. This may have occurred as a result of a recent chrome update. Can someone please look into this?!
- (2018-05-30) JSH: Doesn;t even seem to work with Chrome now...
- (2018-05-29) Curtis Anderson: Needs to have some basic options for sites and situations to not run the Add-On
- (2018-04-10) Jonathan Amiran: Hi, Because the extension adds a link to an existing text it causes problems in our Intranet websites that rely on an numbers that are not necessarily phone numbers. Is there a way to filter out websites in the extension?
- (2017-07-07) Sage Grey: I work for 8x8 Support and I get a lot of calls from Allstate customers using web based file management software (my most recent issue involved 'Myriad') where the web dialer will recognize ANY string of numbers (policy numbers, account numbers) as a phone number which not only triggers VOD and dials the number but makes it impossible to open the links because they're formatted as number strings. So far, the only solution is to disable the web dialer completely in Add-Ons. This completely negates the purpose of eAgent/Click2Pop integration and makes 8x8 look bad when I can offer no other solution. An option to only recognize phone numbers in brackets, or some other configurable option would be a lifesaver.
- (2017-05-16) Anthony Huffman: Doesn't work in Google sheets. Doesn't work in infusionsoft. Doesn't work when I google a number. Pretty much pointless for all my needs. Needs to be rethought. Development should consider having a highlight+F6 feature like Ring Central.
- (2017-03-15) ROGER SNYDER: If you're writing an email, I use gmail, and type a phone number, the cursor jumps to the beginning of your text after you finished writing the phone number. A few glitches.
- (2017-01-11) Dale Chong: it was working fine until today. Now I get an error when I click on a phone number.
- (2016-07-15) Dan H: Its useful but i removed it because it auto dials and sometime you click a number by mistake while in a call providing assistance to a customer and then you accidentally hang up on your customer, so no good unless if they make it not auto dial.
- (2014-12-10) Brian Roehm: It does the job but seems to have a big bug. When I hit a page with phone numbers the click to pop icon continues to show up repeatedly until I close the window. (rather than just 1 little phone icon, I end up with dozens.) I imagine this will cause a problem if a page with a phone number on it is left open. I've used the Google Voice plugin and just have it point to my 8x8 number but this extension requires a workstation install. If I log into chrome on a different computer than what I normally use the plugin doesn't work. Seems like this should be integrated with Virtual office or work like GV plugin. Get the repeating script thing fixed and I'd go up to 4 stars.
- (2014-03-20) Josef Marc: This is the coolest extension I've added in the last year!
- (2014-02-04) Taylor Cohn: I love 8x8 it is very convenient.
- (2013-12-26) ipr drew: Cannot see extension... Chrome Web Store shows that it was added, but cannot find the extension!
- (2012-12-08) Ernie Lopez: Really convenient way to place calls to any number on a web page using my 8x8 phone.