A lightweight translation tool giving you a hotkey to translate words or phrases without leaving the page.
Here at Young Bull Industries we have a great love of languages - not just the programming kind, the human kind too! If like we do, you spend a lot of time reading web pages in languages other than English you'll often come across words that are new to you. Fine, you can always look them up - but pulling out a dictionary, going to Word Reference or Google Translate breaks up the flow of your reading and you can lose track of the article. So it seemed like a great idea to make a Chrome extension which can be used to translate little snippets of text - just individual words or phrases - without leaving the page you're reading. To get a translation, first highlight the word or words you want to translate, then right click and select the option "Translate 'text to translate'" from the menu, or hit "Alt+T" and the original text and the translation will appear in an alert window. You can also set the target language (the one to translate into) by clicking on the Young Bull icon in your extensions bar, selecting from the options box and clicking "Save". This option is not only useful for non-native English speakers, but also for English speakers who need to translate a couple of words into another language. For example if you are writing an email in Spanish and you can't remember the correct Spanish for a particular word, just type it in English in your message, select the word, and hit "Alt+T" (making sure you've set Spanish as the target language) and the translation will pop up.
- (2020-12-24) Nicholas Denisov: It's ok. But I want a doubleclick-popup feature instead of select in the menu. Well I'd like to have options
- (2018-07-29) Muharrem Türker: Mötheşşşş ,,,Çok yakşi Çok Çok Yakşi ,,, ;)
- (2018-01-08) NOUR EL HOUDA: Le meilleur traducteur à mon avis, excellent
- (2017-12-07) Sam Glaser: didn't work
- (2017-09-23) Asem Al-Hammadi: This is what I am looking for. Simple and not leaving the page.
- (2017-03-16) Kyndle Openheart: It stopped working after a couple minutes
- (2016-09-02) rafael simao: nem sempre traduz, o 'google tradutor' e bem melhor,e so selecionar e o pop-up aparece automaticamente.
- (2016-05-11) Derek Jones: i love how it doesnt leave the page. I only needed it to translate a few phrases and it works great!
- (2015-06-25) Burak Yeler: Harika. diğer tüm çeviriciler yavaş ve hantal ayrıca pdf dokumanlarını çeviremiyorlar. A+++
- (2015-05-10) Rangana Fernando: This add one working with PDF
- (2015-04-15) Best Way: The Best One in this Arena..
- (2014-11-24) Ghannam Adham: Very Nice and light .. as simple as that
- (2014-07-15) De momento bien, aunque no entiendo porqué debe acceder a mis datos...
- (2018-01-25, v:0.0.8) History of translations
could it auto-detect the language and have an history, to review the words and expressions?
- (2018-01-25, v:0.0.8) Tooltips are better
It's a good tool, I know it's the concept, but could you add an option to have tooltip rather than popup window asking to be closed with a button.
- (2017-04-28, v:0.0.8) Corrupted manifest
"Invalid manifest". Got this message when trying to add to Chrome. The extension is corrupted, and impossible to load.
- (2017-01-03, v:0.0.8) rewind me: Invalid manifest
- (2016-12-07, v:0.0.8) CAPITAINE JACK BREIZH-PÊCHE: Probème
Bonjour, il semble ne pas fonctionner
- (2015-09-04, v:0.0.8) Filiberto Historiador: No me está traduciendo
Le doy clic derecho luego translate y ya no me abre ninguna ventana de traducción.
- (2015-03-31, v:0.0.6) Rangana Fernando: please add sinhala language
please add sinhala language