Manage your favorite Twitch streamers, get instant notifications when they come online, and much more!
NowStreaming is an extension that will greatly improve the way you manage your favorite Twitch streams. In addition to having all your favorite streamers in one place, NowStreaming will instantly notify you whenever they go online. PS: You don't need a Twitch account to use NowStreaming! First Steps: - Install the extension! :) - Hit the NowStreaming icon - Start following a channel using the text box or import your follow list from Twitch in the Options tab. - Those channels will now appear on your NowStreaming Streams tab when they are live and you will get notifications every time that happens! If you don't want to receive notifications, you can always disable it in the Options Menu. Anything you do on NowStreaming *WILL NOT* affect your Twitch account. Feel free to comment about things you like/don't like, I'll give it a look. If you like this extension and want to support me, you can Donate through PayPal, I'll be very grateful: https://paypal.me/joaopsys Big thank you to Joca64 for the visual improvements and overall contributions: https://github.com/Joca64 Big thank you to Pedro for the new logo: https://github.com/pedroordep ============================== Changelog: 2.2: Remember last sorting method and sorting order Hotfix sync/import from twitch due to a twitch API bug reported in https://github.com/twitchdev/issues/issues/237 2.1.2: Set a fixed max height for the popup window Fix a bug where spaces could be added to streamer's usernames 2.1.1: Minor fixes 2.1.0: - New feature: Dark mode - New logo! - Improve sorting to be more intuitive 2.0.0: - Visual and functional improvements to the popup layout - Implements sorting on streamer name, game, viewers and uptime by clicking the respective column - Fixes a bug that caused the stream's uptime to be miscalculated - Fix various sanitization issues - Other minor bug fixes 1.8.1: - Minor fixes to icon loading on Firefox 1.8.0: - Firefox version released! - Fix a bug where clicking on notifications would open an about:blank tab - Update some functions to cope with deprecations 1.7.5: - Update game icons - Update jquery 1.7.4: - Edit notifications title so it has more space for the channel name 1.7.3: - Adapt the following button for the new Twitch Beta URL 1.7.2: - Update extension name and description. 1.7.1: - Change the way icons are loaded to avoid errors - Fix wrapping on uptime - Fix wrong popout URLs 1.7: - Reorganize live streamers table to contain stream uptime 1.6.2 - Fixed a bug when persisting notification state per channel after an extension reload 1.6.1: - Added game icons and fixed a typo 1.6: - Fix a critical bug regarding icon file names 1.5: - Notifications are now configurable per channel 1.4: - Major code improvements and code cleanup - Removed all XHR requests - Fixed bug when syncing Twitch follows (API inconsistency) - Updated all Twitch API calls for API v5 - Updated all CDNs - jquery, pure CSS, fontawesome - Fixed insecure (http) Twitch URL - Fixed and added more game icons 1.3: - Update Twitch API calls to enforce Client ID. - More updates coming soon :) 1.2: - Corrected font path in the following list - Added more game icons and NS icons for the extensions page - Fixed a case sensitive situation when following streamers 1.1: - Changed the font to a more suitable one. (Public Release) 1.0: - Redesign of the popup window (Thanks JN!) - Fixed a rare bug where the stream title and url would be undefined - Added game icons for some recently popular games (Public Release) 0.81: - Brand new and more polished logo (Thank you Igor! https://www.behance.net/igorcarraco) - Major bug fix (Thank you JN) - More game icons (Public Release) 0.7: - Updated description - Added a Fast Follow option - Added a Stream Popout option - Added a donate button at the end of the popup window :) - Changed the submit buttons - 'Sync with Twitch' renamed to 'Import from Twitch' - Updated some messages and tips - Fixed a bug where some notifications would be sent after importing data (Open Beta) 0.6: - Version number added to the popup - New Logo! - Some improvements to icon loading - Minor bug fixes - Improved help messages - You can now go to the streamer's twitch channel even if they're not streaming - Improved follow functions - Fixed notifications being sent more than once for the same stream - More game icons :D - Added hidden easter egg - Stream title now shows when you mouse hover an online streamer (Closed Beta) 0.5: - Minor bug fixes - Added export/import local data. You can now keep your favorite streamers even if you format your hard drive :) - Major bug fix for users following tons of people on twitch - Fixed a major core bug - Online streams limit raised to 100 - Added options - you can now choose what the Sync button does and opt to not get notifications. (Closed Beta) 0.4: - Many core changes to how/what data is stored - Popup window got a facelift (added css, game, viewers, unfollow options) - Some minor bug fixes - Added some error/help messages that were missing - Added option to Sync with Twitch - Added option to unfollow everyone (Closed Alpha) 0.3: - Badge text added to the icon, now it shows the number of online streamers - Alpha popup page (not to say ugly) when user clicks icon, showing current streamers and follows - Full refresh when user follows or unfollows (Closed Alpha) 0.2: - 'background' permission removed - This was non-sense - Notifications are now awesome - Sync storage is only used at start and on follow/unfollow, everything else is local - 1 request to twitch API per minute (instead of 1 per follow) - Updates and notification when user starts chrome - LOTS of bug fixes (Closed Alpha) 0.1: - First Alpha version - Notifications 'kinda' working (super ugly, 2 buttons, urls not matching notification when there's more than 1 simultaneously) - Lots of bugs in sync and local storages - Follow/Unfollow working but totally out of sync - Lots of requests, lots of storage writes - Lots of nulls everywhere
- (2020-11-03) FourthWig: umm i dont understand how this works... i typed in fresh and it still said im not following anybody and i dont know how to watch streams, pls help me
- (2020-10-28) Choco Studios: Very awesome in terms of functionality, though it can use a neater display.
- (2020-10-19) Pye Wackets: Such a useful addon, has never stopped working when others fell by the wayside. The only thing I would like to see is the option to add an audible alert to the pop-up.
- (2020-09-06) Ella Threlfall: does what it says it will, but i wish it displayed the game as text rather than an icon because the vast majority of games have no icon! edit: additionally, when you change the sorting method, it reverts back to the default when you open the extension again. the default sorting method is by viewer numbers, which i personally find to be way less useful than sorting alphabetically by name or game, since i usually am either looking for specific channels or specific games.
- (2020-08-18) Onur Bulca: Works well. I didn't see anyproblems yet.
- (2020-08-15) Evandro Ferreira: Nice
- (2020-08-10) CocOa: esta super bien, solo que yo cambiaria un poco la interfaz y quitaria el cudro de Opciones, es un poco incomodo, pero todo lo demas esta super bien!
- (2020-02-23) nguyen phongquang: rat vui
- (2019-11-14) Violet-n-red: has notifications, can sort by stream duration. good stuff, only wish notifications had sound.
- (2019-05-22) Gary Wong: Nice, its exactly what I'm looking for
- (2019-03-31) OLY ARTI: Расширение лучшее среди подобных! Особенно уникально - показывает время с начала стрима. Давно искал такое расширение. Ошибок не обнаружено. Есть пожелание - добавить возможность сортировки списка онлайн стримеров: по игре, по количеству зрителей, по времени стрима. UPD. Данная функция добавлена. Спасибо! :)
- (2019-03-16) Nick Cade: Can we please have an option to order the list by current views and not alphabetically?
- (2019-03-07) how did work
- (2019-03-03) Paul Wright: Great extension for when you follow hundreds of streamers. you can add your favorites to filter. BTW Twitch.tv/Duhakalock
- (2018-07-31) Jonathan h: This is awesome. Thanks
- (2018-05-30) ToniTee: Works well. Need auto sync and the game names instead of icons tho. Showing the uptime of a stream is really cool. Nice job.
- (2018-04-21) Mia Junsei: Really helpful
- (2014-12-27) Ian Hogg: Everything I could ask for
- (2020-12-09, v:2.2) JD: YouTube Live Notifications?
This is the best Twitch Notifier for Chrome. Would be great if it also supported notifications for YouTube Live Streams since some streamers have switched to YouTube.
- (2020-04-03, v:2.1.2) Dom's Journal: Notifications not showing
Good Afternoon, I've just downloaded your extension and added some stream to the list, but there are no notifications being shown to me. Please can you help?
- (2019-07-07, v:2.1.0) Sujin: Sound wenn Streamer Online ist
Es wäre schön wenn man eine Funktion einbauen kann wenn ein Streamer Online ist das sich ein Sound abspielt sobald die Push Nachricht kommt
- (2019-06-17, v:2.1.0) Celina: broke over the weekend
This extension broke over the weekend. It doesn't show who is online and all stream URLs link to the number they are in the streamer list (i.e. https://www.twitch.tv/0, https://www.twitch.tv/1, https://www.twitch.tv/2).
- (2018-01-24, v:1.7.4) text instead of icons
Please add option to show games as text instead of icons. Because it's a little bit annoying when you see many same icons when games are different.