Kiwi Conversations searches community sites to find forum comment threads about the url you're visiting.
- (2017-10-10) Maciej Jankowski: I dont remember installing it. Scam?
- (2015-08-16) Landon Walsh: So far so good. I've seen the Css broken just one or two times with super long urls, other than that everything works flawlessly. I'll keep this extension around and look forward to updates.
- (2015-08-04) DinoKang Housholder: I have been using another extension called Reddit Check for over a year and it's very nice. I love finding discussion on random websites I find. This extension appears to be better made and has more features. It's nice to see discussion on HN too. I̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶i̶a̶b̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶l̶i̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶N̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶p̶a̶g̶e̶.̶ ̶R̶e̶d̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶c̶k̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶K̶i̶w̶i̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶.̶ ̶H̶o̶w̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶u̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶S̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶r̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶.̶ (EDIT: This has been fixed.) It was also unable to find youtube videos that had been posted before. Youtube is terrible at unique URLs, and I don't blame it. However Reddit Check is able to find most of the different places youtube videos have been posted. I found a link that had been posted to reddit hundreds of times. It only found 11 results. There was also an option for "fuzzy matches" which included a few more links to the exact same URL, but also links that had nothing to do with it. Reddit Check also has a problem where it only returns the first 25 results. Clicking on any of the links closes the menu, so you can't open many links in new tabs at once. This is also a problem with Reddit Check. It does not find http versions of https links. Also a problem with Reddit Check. Clicking on the "submit to reddit" option opened a submission page, but not with the URL in it. I tried to look at the code but it was all squished together. It does not appear possible to modify it anyway. Anyway none of these are dealbreakers. I will be using this extension alongside Reddit Check due to the extra features it has. I am concerned about sending so many requests to reddit every time I open a new tab though.
- (2015-08-02) Jyotirmoy Roy: This is awesome. Loved the experience so far.
- (2015-07-28) Josh Clemence: This is perfect for anyone looking to see any conversation on a topic they are doing any research or writing around. Great work! Looking forward to seeing what comes of this!