Sets the "Subscriptions" page as your default homepage on YouTube by redirecting all requests at the browser level
This small extension is meant to fix the missing setting that would allow avid users to go directly to the Subscriptions section of the YouTube website when clicking the logo. Great for anyone who wants to avoid the Home page by all means. Also redirects the "Home" menu item in the sidebar, or heck, any link that points to https://www.youtube.com/, no matter where it came from. I used to maintain a userscript for this purpose, but due to YouTube's upcoming Material redesign's use of Polymer 2.0 I simply couldn't work around their event handlers. This extension is open source, you can find the source code here: https://github.com/SeinopSys/YTMySubs-chrome
- (2020-02-01) Pierre: Works exactly as advertised. Perfect!
- (2019-12-19) Dan Honnen: Fantastic little extension, thank you! Though personally I think it would be nice to perhaps have an option to disable the redirect functionality when clicking the sidebar button labelled "Home" independently of the YouTube logo button, that's a tiny quibble. Also, based on the extension description, I'm guessing that would not be a trivial feature to add, and could periodically break as YT changes over time, I'll take a reliable extension over a slightly more configurable one any day of the week. Again, thanks to SeinopSys for this, I really wish I had found it sooner!
- (2019-11-24) Sara Jeet: Very useful. Thanks.
- (2019-05-05) chaozznl: I hate the default home screen. I just want to see the videos of the channels I subscribed to. This extension fixes Youtube. Period.
- (2018-09-15) MrAnothep: This is pure gold! :D
- (2018-07-11) Zherry Zhohn: works well
- (2017-10-29) thnikk luquerm: It works, you're a hero.
- (2017-10-07) Gustavo Ab: Thanks, it works like a charm. I hate that home section of youtube.
- (2017-09-22) George Kokkos: Super! Would love to do the same with trending page (I have productivity issues, I know)
- (2017-08-26) Coura Waters: Works great
- (2017-07-11) Joe: This is great. No action required on the users part other than installation. Step 1) Go to youtube.com Step 2) See your subscriptions in front of you. Easy.
- (2017-05-08) inuNorii: Works well, thanks. Never understood why the subscriptions feed isn't the default in the first place.