Sets the "Subscriptions" page as your default homepage on YouTube by redirecting all requests at the browser level
This small extension is meant to fix the missing setting that would allow avid users to go directly to the Subscriptions section of the YouTube website when clicking the logo. Great for anyone who wants to avoid the Home page by all means. Also redirects the "Home" menu item in the sidebar, or heck, any link that points to https://www.youtube.com/, no matter where it came from. I used to maintain a userscript for this purpose, but due to YouTube's upcoming Material redesign's use of Polymer 2.0 I simply couldn't work around their event handlers. This extension is open source, you can find the source code here: https://github.com/SeinopSys/YTMySubs-chrome
- (2021-04-06) Tibor Tar: Perfect! Thanks!
- (2021-03-01) Arash Pourdamghani: Works as intended, thanks :)
- (2021-01-15) Kristian Hager: It appears that the extension updated and now needs permission to read our browsing history? Love the extension but this seems unnecessary. Edit: Thank you for the clarification!
- (2021-01-10) Piotr Grzegorzek: i wish yt default site is subscriptions, thanks for help
- (2020-11-25) Daniel Large: Use it in conjunction with another extension, in order to completely rid my desktop YouTube experience of those pesky 'rabbit hole' inducing recommendations! Works to perfection!
- (2020-11-10) Aengus McGill: Fantastic, I was looking for something like this and couldn't find one that worked some time ago. I was ramping up to go and do it myself but this saves me the trouble. Thanks you!
- (2020-10-12) Tomasz Wesołowski: Doesn't work for me. I see a homepage still.
- (2020-02-01) Pierre: Works exactly as advertised. Perfect!
- (2019-12-19) Dan Honnen: Fantastic little extension, thank you! Though personally I think it would be nice to perhaps have an option to disable the redirect functionality when clicking the sidebar button labelled "Home" independently of the YouTube logo button, that's a tiny quibble. Also, based on the extension description, I'm guessing that would not be a trivial feature to add, and could periodically break as YT changes over time, I'll take a reliable extension over a slightly more configurable one any day of the week. Again, thanks to SeinopSys for this, I really wish I had found it sooner!
- (2019-11-24) Sara Jeet: Very useful. Thanks.
- (2019-05-05) chaozznl: I hate the default home screen. I just want to see the videos of the channels I subscribed to. This extension fixes Youtube. Period.
- (2018-09-15) MrAnothep: This is pure gold! :D
- (2018-07-11) Zherry Zhohn: works well
- (2017-10-29) thnikk: It works, you're a hero.
- (2017-10-07) Gustavo Ramos: Thanks, it works like a charm. I hate that home section of youtube.
- (2017-09-22) George Kokkos: Super! Would love to do the same with trending page (I have productivity issues, I know)
- (2017-08-26) Coura Waters: Works great
- (2017-07-11) Joe: This is great. No action required on the users part other than installation. Step 1) Go to youtube.com Step 2) See your subscriptions in front of you. Easy.
- (2017-05-08) inuNorii: Works well, thanks. Never understood why the subscriptions feed isn't the default in the first place.
- (2020-09-26, v:1.0.5) Raymond Gonzalez: how to access home feed?
thanks for the addon, works great. any way to access the home page on the odd situation you want to look at it? cant find a way to get it
- (2020-09-21, v:1.0.4) Daniel Large: No longer working
It seems as though YouTube have updated their home screen, therefore this extension no longer works as intended. I thought I'd let you know, so you can tweak the extension to work. I love the extension by the way, keep it up! :)