Short.io browser extension
Using this plugin you can make short links and screenshots on your own domain
- (2023-09-23) Brian Talamo: Terrible extension. It doesn't auto copy into clipboard and even if you click COPY, it still doesn't copy. Almost useless. 9/23/2023 Update: Still a mess, doesn't stay logged in, therefor useless app. I have no idea how to actually logout/clear data so I can log back in to make it work.
- (2023-06-02) Abdul Ahmat: Although you can login via Social accounts eg. Google. Their customer service was immediate to say they know the issue and are working on it. They gave a work around which was to use email and password. login > forget password > get email reset link > reset password > login with email and password. Works all ok now. 🙌
- (2022-10-29) Mr. DJ Tek: Stopped working. Can't login anymore.
- (2022-10-23) Ajit Patel: Instructions are easy and its working well for me. Thank you!
- (2022-02-01) Vivek Sah: 'sign in with sso" is broken; even when the login is successful in a separate window, the extension still stays logged out.
- (2020-08-28) Michael Ross: Initially I was happy with this extension - the short.io service in general is a great value for branded link shortening. Yesterday however I noticed the extension was disabled due to permissions creep - "Read and change all your data on the websites you visit" was added. By principle, I do not allow this permission to any extension unless I developed it myself or it's from the security team at my employer. Why does this extension need this level of permission? Is it possible to descope to a more reasonable and safe level of permissions in a future release? If so, I'll be a happy user of this extension once again!
- (2019-04-17) André Casey: Works as advertised so far! Copy link button works and does what I'd expect. Could use some polish (and copyediting!) but overall great.
- (2016-08-21) Joseph McGuirl: It's broken. Every short URL I create points to my Microsoft Live account. Please fix this!
- (2022-10-07, v:7.0.1) Ram Rachum: Completely fails on dark theme background
Completely fails on dark background. Text isn't readable. I'm on Windows 7, Windows dark theme and Chrome dark theme.
- (2020-01-11, v:2.0.7) Ajay Patel: The extension isn't working
I'm using an iMac and a Mac Book Pro using macOS Mojave The extension worked fine the first day I installed it but now it keeps asking me to either log in or sign up. Once I sign in, it shows me another window with my links. However, when I click on the extension button in the browser again it still wants me to either log in or sign up. I've tried this on my iMac and Mac Book and it does exactly the same thing.