Adds an icon with your selected MLB team's game information with real-time score and in-game data.
Note: This extension does not support the Vivaldi browser - it has some differences from Google Chrome around how extensions are handled that cause the extension to not function properly. This extension adds an icon with your chosen MLB baseball team at the top of the browser that shows information about today's game in the icon's hover-text, real-time score and play information during games (including teams, location, inning, and pitcher), and the appropriate win/loss flag when it's over! This is an active project - if you find a bug (or think of a useful feature), please report it via the extension's page in the Chrome store, and I'll get it updated as soon as I can! All icons and team names are trademarks belonging to Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the respective teams, the owner of this application disclaims ownership of any trademarks, logos or images belonging to Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the respective team appearing on this site. The appearance of trademarks and/or team logos belonging to Major League Baseball Properties, Inc. or the respective team on this website does not constitute affiliation or endorsement by Major League Baseball or respective team of any of the services provided by this application. Change History: 1.3 - Fixed bug where the "Teams" list could show just the first 2 teams repeatedly on initial startup 1.4 - Fixed time zone issue, changed icon left-click from Scoreboard to the current game's Box Score 1.5 - Fix issue with hovertext when a team has >10 runs 1.6 - Handle games that are Postponed 1.7 - Handle games that are Delayed Start 1.8 - Fixed issue where Delayed Start game wouldn't get updates right away after starting 2.0 - Updated to use MLB's new API, and updated the in-game icon so that you can see the score as well as what bases have runners on them, how many outs, top/bottom and inning number. Also includes additional info in hover-text like number of balls, strikes, outs, and current batter. Revert to the old, simpler in-game icon by ticking the "Enable Simplified In-Game View" option in the right-click menu. 2.1 - Fixed an issue with a previously unseen game state that caused game status to no longer update. Implemented a workaround that should prevent this from causing breaking changes in the future. 2.2 - Fixed a bug occurring on days with no games, and added handling for new game status. 2.3 - Fixed a (timezone conversion) bug causing night games to not register as a game today. 2.4 - Updated game postponement info in hover text 2.5 - Fixed a bug in the hovertext where the incorrect team would be named with players on base 2.6 - Added a third view option for non-fans to only see if there's a home game today or not without any game details, and restructured the menu a bit to accommodate it 2.7 - Added Arizona timezone
- (2019-02-24) Cami Grace: Very helpful, and stays very updated.
- (2018-09-30) Guillermo Rempel: recommended for every baseball fans. really it's best.
- (2018-09-30) Kenneth Grant: Excellent extension. Fun to use.
- (2018-09-30) Karen Weber: A very well made extension, any features I could want are in here. I can only imagine how long this took to make.
- (2018-09-30) Patricia Nichols: Amazing job and very well made.
- (2018-09-30) Justin Bailey: Very useful and easy....
- (2018-09-30) Willie Bishop: Great ,easy and very useful
- (2018-09-30) Elijah Freeman: Wonderful app,finally I found a free and really working app for baseball tracking
- (2018-09-30) Phillip Wilson: extremely helpful😁
- (2018-09-30) Robin Wells: Fantastic! Great idea, surprised no one thought of this sooner. Thanks dude!
- (2018-09-29) Jonvia Gracia: I use Keep daily
- (2018-09-28) Zunayed Ahmed: great one best extension ever.
- (2018-06-14) Josh McKain: Works flawlessly. Tells you what time your team plays today, or tells you the current score, or tells you the final score when the game ends. Had previously said I wished it would show pitcher/batter/count/runners, and I can now see it on here. All the info you can want!
- (2018-05-02) Matt Chambers: The new graphic for the icon is great! I listen to games online while at my office. Sometimes I forget how many runners are on, or how many outs there are. The icon is a quick way to check, without having to wait for the announcer to give an update.
- (2018-04-14) BIG JO: I LOVE IT!
- (2018-04-06) Great Extension... Keep up the great work. Just featured it on my tech blog: What's On My PC @ https://whatsonmypc.wordpress.com/2018/04/06/mlb-baseball-tracker-chrome-web-store/
- (2017-05-25) Andres Hinkey: works great, but limited features
- (2019-07-24, v:2.7) Michael Collins: Timezone Issue
I live in New Zealand, and since I'm in the next calendar day, it is only showing me tomorrow's game, and is never displaying the current game stats.
- (2019-05-31, v:2.7) Sam Whitefield: Only Cubs
Like others, I'm having an issue where the extension defaults to showing the Cubs. When I right-click to try to change, there is no select team option. I'm using Vivaldi browser.
- (2019-04-24, v:2.7) Rudie Verougstraete: Clicking the icon only takes me to a Cubs game
I see no option for selecting a favorite team. When I click the icon it only takes me to Cubs vs. Dodgers (tonight's game) and I see no list of games to choose from
- (2018-09-05, v:2.6) Peter Ruchkin: Bug whenever Chrome Relaunched/updated
resets my favorite team from Orioles to Cubs - please fix. now on chrome 69
- (2018-07-14, v:2.6) Rebecca Schreiner: In-progress game at midnight
At midnight, a game was in progress but the display flipped over to the next game scheduled instead of letting me see the finish of the current game as expected.
- (2018-06-19, v:2.6) Time Display
Hey Dan. I just noticed this morning that certain game times are cut off, appearing with an ellipsis at the end, e.g. 12:... for 12:05. I'm not sure if there's much you could do about this. I can't remember if you have it display an a or p, denoting AM and PM, but I think removing that letter would fix this issue, while still being understandable.
- (2018-04-12, v:2.4) mouseover text
The mouseover text tells me that the pirates have however many men on base in both the top and bottom of the inning (Pirates @ Cubs). It won't switch between the cubs and the pirates.
- (2018-04-08, v:2.3) didn't work
didn't ad to chrome
- (2018-03-29, v:2.2) It is wrong
It says there is not a mariners game today but there is. (opining day)
- (2017-10-06, v:1.8) Adriane: Changing Teams
P.S. I'm using a chromebook, how do you do it when you cant right click?