Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many…
Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many iSpeech text to speech voices in different languages. You can configure the voice and speed options by changing the settings on the options page. Celebrity text to speech voices and character text to speech voices are not included in Select and Speak at this time, but can be used through the Talkz application. Please request an additional languages by contacting us. UPDATE - We have recently added Arabic, Korean, and Greek text to speech to the Select and Speak Chrome App Select and Speak includes the following text to speech languages: English Male and English Female (American), Spanish Male and Spanish Female (Latin American), English Male and English Female (British), English Female (Australian), English Female (Canadian), French Male and French Female (France), French Female (Canadian), Portuguese Female (Portugal), Portuguese Male and Portuguese Female (Brazilian Portuguese), Spanish Male and Spanish Female (Castilian), German Male and German Female, Italian Male and Italian Female, Dutch Female, Danish Female, Turkish Male and Turkish Female, Czech Female, Danish Female (Danish), Finnish Female, Russian Male and Russian Female, Swedish Female, Norwegian Female, Hungarian Female, Polish Female, Greek Female, Chinese Female, Korean Female, Japanese Female YOU MUST CONTACT US FOR COMMERCIAL USE - PERSONAL USE ONLY: The Select and Speak Chrome Application is for non-commercial use only. You may not attempt to download the resulting TTS audio or use the resulting TTS audio for any purpose including but not limited to: text to speech ivr prompts, text to speech course materials, text to speech distribution, text to speech presentations, text to speech audio books, text to speech podcasts, text to speech radio, text to speech tv, text to speech web cast or any other text to speech broadcast. To license iSpeech text to speech for commercial purposes we will license the text to speech audio for your use-case, simply contact us info at iSpeech dot org, or through our contact form. How to use: - First select the text you want it to read. - Then click the icon to start listening. - To stop listening at any time click stop Notes - This Chrome extension sends the text that you select to iSpeech servers using your Internet connection as it is Cloud TTS service (aka SaaS or Software as a Service) Developers - iSpeech offers free and paid API and SDKs for text to speech, speech recognition and more. Please sign up and start using it We are constantly optimizing and improving our text to speech conversion services and; In order to maintain this software we collect and leverage usage data. Learn more at http://www.ispeech.org/policies.php ChangeLog: - Version 0.2.10 - Added Arabic, Korean and Greek - Version 0.2.2 - Updated graphics and settings page - Added autoplay - - Version 0.2.1 - Switched from MP3 to OGG to fix Chrome OS compatibility - Version 0.2.0 - Attempting to block excessive DNS queries from preloading - Version 0.1.9 - All options can be saved - Language auto-detection added - Context menus can be toggled without restarting - Speech API errors are now presented with an alert - Works on most pages, including Gmail, SSL, and iframes - Version 0.1.8 - Speed and Voice option was added - Version 0.1.3
- (2020-01-10) Roman Pavlík: Stále nefunkční Does not work
- (2019-12-28) Профессор Фортран: Расширение не работает! Никакие танцы с бубном не помогают. Друзья, если вы - пользователь windows 10 и хотите преобразовать текст в речь, то вам не нужны никакие расширения! Просто введите в своём поиске (поиске компьютера, кликнув на значок лупы в нижнем правом углу) "экранный диктор" или "голос", далее выберите соответствующий параметр. Ни или самое простое: зажмите клавиши ctrl + windows и не отпуская нажмите Enter. Включится преобразователь текста в речь, тот самый экранный диктор. У него много голосов, читает практически любой текст, на который вы наведёте курсор. А расширение это - неработающая ерунда, только жрёт ОЗУ.
- (2019-12-14) Camille Douillet: Ne fonctionne pas du tout chez moi. Aucun son.
- (2019-12-07) Shaina Neely: It's wonderful but the voice is weird.
- (2019-12-06) Alexander Kozlov: Не работает. Разрабу отрубить кривые руки и настучать по пустой голове.
- (2019-11-27) Hikaru Lin: 沒聲音
- (2019-11-22) Ricardo Scott: simplemente no funciona Sera posible que no haya una aplicación decente para esto!?
- (2019-11-20) Batuhan AKTAŞ: I tried many times. It doesn't work. Also developers don't work i guess. This extension doesn't work since years...
- (2019-11-18) Андрей Малышкин: не работает
- (2019-11-14) 葉德倫: 沒聲音，沒反應
- (2019-11-13) Jeffrey Wong: Free version was good. Now I have to pay a monthly fee to keep the features I once had. No thanks.
- (2019-11-04) Kerwin Ross: Test the extension reading this line 'There is no manual intervention in provisioning or deprovisioning services.' Hence I didn't like it.
- (2019-10-29) Dagmar Zárubová: zatím dobré..
- (2019-10-22) みうラスT: 全く動作しない。
- (2019-10-19) mark doughty: Cant upgrade even though they have taken payment? highlighted text speak does not work? Voice breaks unnecessarily at end of line instead of end of sentence. Web site contact page does not work? Need i say more.
- (2019-10-17) Милана Фан: Не работает
- (2019-10-16) Martha Granbania: １㍉も読み上げてくれません。詐欺アプリです。購入しないように注意してください。
- (2019-10-15) Erik: Vůbec nefunguje (Does not work at all)
- (2019-10-10) Max Rempel: The free version is very limited. The voice is pleasant but the pronunciation of many words is poor. As of 2019, there are much better voices around. The pronunciation from "Read Aloud: a text to speech voice reader" extension is way more advanced, it has much fewer mispronounced words. Also the above named ReadAloud has a moving highlight of sentences.
- (2019-10-06) Aleksandr Knyshov: откуда у этого УГ такой нормальный рейтинг? оно ж тупо немое и не работает!
- (2019-09-24) Celso Jacó: Além de só ler quando tem vontade , fica limitado a um parágrafo por dia
- (2019-09-24) Ami Mar: not working useless do not install/ scam
- (2019-09-17) Alexander Schikora: Geht nicht mehr.
- (2019-09-11) Claudio MD: dejo de funcionar..
- (2019-09-05) Carey Lefebvre: So far so good. I've used other text to speech extensions and this is one of the better ones. First, it works, which is a big deal as some others didn't work. Second, you can select which text to read or have it read the whole page. Lastly, you can change female/male voice and speed, but that's it. You apparently need another app to get more voices, which I will not do.