Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many…
Select and Speak uses iSpeech's human-quality text-to-speech (TTS) to read any selected text in the browser. It includes many iSpeech text to speech voices in different languages. You can configure the voice and speed options by changing the settings on the options page. Celebrity text to speech voices and character text to speech voices are not included in Select and Speak at this time, but can be used through the Talkz application. Please request an additional languages by contacting us. UPDATE - We have recently added Arabic, Korean, and Greek text to speech to the Select and Speak Chrome App Select and Speak includes the following text to speech languages: English Male and English Female (American), Spanish Male and Spanish Female (Latin American), English Male and English Female (British), English Female (Australian), English Female (Canadian), French Male and French Female (France), French Female (Canadian), Portuguese Female (Portugal), Portuguese Male and Portuguese Female (Brazilian Portuguese), Spanish Male and Spanish Female (Castilian), German Male and German Female, Italian Male and Italian Female, Dutch Female, Danish Female, Turkish Male and Turkish Female, Czech Female, Danish Female (Danish), Finnish Female, Russian Male and Russian Female, Swedish Female, Norwegian Female, Hungarian Female, Polish Female, Greek Female, Chinese Female, Korean Female, Japanese Female YOU MUST CONTACT US FOR COMMERCIAL USE - PERSONAL USE ONLY: The Select and Speak Chrome Application is for non-commercial use only. You may not attempt to download the resulting TTS audio or use the resulting TTS audio for any purpose including but not limited to: text to speech ivr prompts, text to speech course materials, text to speech distribution, text to speech presentations, text to speech audio books, text to speech podcasts, text to speech radio, text to speech tv, text to speech web cast or any other text to speech broadcast. To license iSpeech text to speech for commercial purposes we will license the text to speech audio for your use-case, simply contact us info at iSpeech dot org, or through our contact form. How to use: - First select the text you want it to read. - Then click the icon to start listening. - To stop listening at any time click stop Notes - This Chrome extension sends the text that you select to iSpeech servers using your Internet connection as it is Cloud TTS service (aka SaaS or Software as a Service) Developers - iSpeech offers free and paid API and SDKs for text to speech, speech recognition and more. Please sign up and start using it We are constantly optimizing and improving our text to speech conversion services and; In order to maintain this software we collect and leverage usage data. Learn more at http://www.ispeech.org/policies.php ChangeLog: - Version 0.2.10 - Added Arabic, Korean and Greek - Version 0.2.2 - Updated graphics and settings page - Added autoplay - - Version 0.2.1 - Switched from MP3 to OGG to fix Chrome OS compatibility - Version 0.2.0 - Attempting to block excessive DNS queries from preloading - Version 0.1.9 - All options can be saved - Language auto-detection added - Context menus can be toggled without restarting - Speech API errors are now presented with an alert - Works on most pages, including Gmail, SSL, and iframes - Version 0.1.8 - Speed and Voice option was added - Version 0.1.3
- (2020-03-23) Dianna Black: You killed its functionality. I loved this extension for its ability to read selected text in a page. Now I must paste it into a reader first? Which makes me lose my place in the page. I have used this for years as an accessibility tool. You've rendered it useless for me. Please fix this!
- (2020-03-17) ARPAN DALAL: useless
- (2020-03-10) _pavel_ _pavel_: Не работает
- (2020-03-06) Lula Bear: This app is hardly tolerable I am thank for it but i believe that that i am very blessed and don't mean to be rude or blunt, but I wouldn't recommend this to any one. It reads really slow and the voice stops very often.
- (2020-03-05) John Chittock: No longer works properly. You have to copy and paste the 'selected' text into a special window to have it read.
- (2020-03-05) Brenon Jimerson: I would give this 5 stars. But it changed. It used to be: Dragging the mouse over text, right-clicking, selecting option to read. Now: you have to select text, copy the text, select the app\extension in top right, select text box, paste text. and if you click into another tab reading stops. Now I'm using Read-Aloud
- (2020-03-04) Sara Lunson-Holtzman: the older version was so much better this text box is terrible.. sure add the function if you wanted to highlight and paste but this puts a step in the way and decreases accessibility. Im uninstalling now.
- (2020-03-02) Richard Andersen: Does not work with the hiligh and reed option any more, you now have to copy and pains witch waste time.
- (2020-02-27) Bill Ferring: What happened to this extension? It used to be great...just select the text in the browser and click the icon and it would read it. Now it sucks...you have to copy and paste the text out of the web page, which defeats the ease of use of the previous extension. I can do cut/paste with plenty of web-based TTS sites. Bring the old version back!
- (2020-02-27) Eitan Rieger: This used to be a perfect app. It could read text directly from websites. Lately it was updated and is now completely ruined. It does not read directly from websites. It has to be in focus to work. Sorry guys. you ruined it and I find it useless
- (2020-02-26) Luke Sheppard: This plugin was formerly so good that I attempted to purchase the Pro version. It successfully charged my PayPal account with the plugin simply continued to display the popup asking to try the 7-day trial, with the accompanying five second delay. I tried emailing their support department twice but never received a reply. I also attempted to submit support requests via two separate web forms on their website. Both returned a 500 server error (meaning things are broken on their end). And now an update yesterday disabled the "select" function. It was a great plugin that I relied on every day and I would have been happy to pay $36 a year. But now I have to uninstall it and request a refund from PayPal. Obviously something went very wrong at this company.
- (2020-02-17) Kyaw ThuYa: i like it...thanks
- (2020-02-16) Christopher Klymson: This read aloud app has been a very great help to me. I am a healing Quadriplegic with spinal cord injury who eyes very often do not function. This app has been a lifesaver and in spite of only using the basic read aloud functions I have been enabled to actually read such critical medical emails and many other life saving letters. I believe this is a very wise investment and I will upgrade as soon as I can. Thank you Mr. C.J. Klymson # YVO
- (2020-02-15) Ms Narco: Annoying only
- (2020-02-15) Teachings of Consciousness: There is better software for this... I promise you, They are scamming you. Try, Speechify :)
- (2020-02-10) wajaral: presents problems of terrible delays
- (2020-02-04) Uriel Palacios Bonfil: TIENE COSTO DENTRO DE LA APP
- (2020-01-10) Roman Pavlík: Stále nefunkční Does not work
- (2019-12-28) Профессор Фортран: Расширение не работает! Никакие танцы с бубном не помогают. Друзья, если вы - пользователь windows 10 и хотите преобразовать текст в речь, то вам не нужны никакие расширения! Просто введите в своём поиске (поиске компьютера, кликнув на значок лупы в нижнем правом углу) "экранный диктор" или "голос", далее выберите соответствующий параметр. Ни или самое простое: зажмите клавиши ctrl + windows и не отпуская нажмите Enter. Включится преобразователь текста в речь, тот самый экранный диктор. У него много голосов, читает практически любой текст, на который вы наведёте курсор. А расширение это - неработающая ерунда, только жрёт ОЗУ.
- (2019-12-14) Camille Douillet: Ne fonctionne pas du tout chez moi. Aucun son.
- (2019-12-07) Shaina Neely: It's wonderful but the voice is weird.
- (2019-12-06) Alexander Kozlov: Не работает. Разрабу отрубить кривые руки и настучать по пустой голове.
- (2019-11-27) Hikaru Lin: 沒聲音
- (2019-11-22) Ricardo Scott: simplemente no funciona Sera posible que no haya una aplicación decente para esto!?
- (2019-11-20) Batuhan AKTAŞ: I tried many times. It doesn't work. Also developers don't work i guess. This extension doesn't work since years...