Takes vital information from an Ancestry Family Tree profile page and makes it easy to search FamilySearch.org using those details.
This extension takes the vital information from an Ancestry Family Tree profile page and makes it easy to search FamilySearch.org using those details. (An Ancestry subscription is required to view other people’s Ancestry Family Trees.) === GETTING STARTED === Once the extension is installed, visit an Ancestry Family Tree, view an individual’s profile page, and look for the small tree icon on the right-hand side of your address bar. Clicking the icon will allow you to search the FamilySearch.org website using the individual’s information from the Ancestry Family Tree profile page. === FEATURES === Version 3.4+ works with the new Ancestry website family trees. Version 2.0 includes the ability to search using: • either birth or married names (for females) • birth year and location, death year and location, or any event and location between the birth and death years (and if either year doesn’t exist, the extension searches within a 100 year period instead) • names of spouses or parents The following Ancestry sites are supported: • ancestry.com • ancestry.ca • ancestry.co.uk • ancestry.com.au • ancestry.de • ancestry.fr • ancestry.it • ancestry.se === SEND FEEDBACK === If you’ve found a bug or have a feature request for the Ancestry Family Search Extension, please fill in this feedback form: https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHU5WmNqM1VNSXlPSjNRbGNVeF9seFE6MQ === KNOWN ISSUES === Unfortunately, from version 3.0 the search results can no longer be displayed in the extension popup due to FamilySearch API restrictions. Instead, just click the “Search using FamilySearch.org” button to view your results in a new browser tab.
- (2020-11-12) Yasmin Finlay: I can't get it to work. Its all greyed out :-(
- (2019-08-16) Mandy Snell: Well it always worked fine now just comes up with an 403 error whatever that is! Have removed extension, very annoying as now have to manually put search info myself on Family Search website.
- (2019-04-12) Tonya Gordon: Since Ancestry has updated this does not seem to work as well. It used to provide wonderful information. I hope you update it soon!! !
- (2018-07-25) David M Schaedler: I have family search and ancestry searches it ok. Luckily, my accounts are free so I don't get charged. One review says you need to be signed in to FamilySearch.org to use it. I was having trouble with it at first, also.
- (2018-05-24) Thomas Wightman: Use this all the time. You need to be logged in to Familysearch before you use it. Also, you should adjust the search dates to match what information you have. Such as entering a birth year range. This is worth using even if you just use it to copy your ancestors name from ancestry to familysearch.
- (2018-02-10) Francisco Angulo: Muy agradecido a esta pagina web, sin ella no lo hubiese conseguido, llegar hasta 1542, como he comentado en las opiniones de usuarios.
- (2017-07-27) Thomas Miller: Makes no sense. Can;t find on book
- (2017-06-08) Linda Meyer: Excellent. Makes searching so much eaiser!
- (2016-11-24) Luc. A. Ouimet: Excellent outil de recherche en généalogie
- (2016-10-17) evan rofheart: Does not work at all.
- (2016-05-11) Gema Silva: es entretenido , pero igual es complicado iniciar.
- (2016-04-21) Stella Peabody: I have put my account # in a hundred times and cannot get any info. It keeps telling me there is no record in my name or e-mail.I better not get billed for nothing!! Stella L.Lindsey Peabody
- (2016-04-14) Annette McGinnis: I use it all the time :)and I have recommend it to my friends and family Thank you :)
- (2016-03-03) Utahna Nielsen: Still learning--hoping it will be great
- (2016-01-18) Beth: Great app to have when doing genealogy. It really helps narrow down information.
- (2015-12-21) Big Oak Homestead: Doesn't work with the new ACOM format :-(
- (2015-11-15) Wâninha Santos: Muito interessante
- (2015-10-30) Zhanna Luchezarova: Hi, I'm interested in acquiring your extension "Ancestry Family Search Extension" for a very good price. Please contact me at: [email protected]
- (2015-08-18) Lynn Thomson: LOve how fast it finds what I need.
- (2015-08-02) Tabbi: Does not work. Deleted it and reinstalled and it still does not work.
- (2015-07-29) Jane Toombes: Very handy extension. Means you don't have to re-enter info, it uses what you already have.
- (2015-06-14) Marlene Kamiya: Doesn't work!
- (2015-06-13) Catherine Kesseler: This is a very helpful extension. I use it a lot. I am so glad it has been updated to work with ancestry's new look.
- (2015-05-31) Sean Woodward: Loved using it the first day but haven't seen it since.
- (2015-05-03) Diane Trotter: It's helpful when I see it. Sometimes it isn't there?
- (2015-01-21) FULL DisclosureNow: doesnt work
- (2014-09-10, v:3.1) Rosemary James: install
- (2014-07-21, v:3.1) Lynette Nicoll: Can't Access it
Call me dumb but cant find it :/
- (2014-07-14, v:3.1) Aubrina Fenton: can't access it
I want to access the extension but don't understand how. I've installed it and spent a lot of time looking for it.I went back and tried to re-download but I can't do than because I can't uninstall it because I can't find it, The icon does not show up. I went to the Familysearch.org website but still couldn't access it. I read the comments on the extension which say that once you get it working its a great tool but I can't figure out how to access it which really sucks because I'm currently trying to win a 40day challenge and time is running out for me.
- (2014-07-02, v:3.1) Carol Stapula: icon
After buying this apt I didn't get an icon to know if I received it or not.
- (2014-02-18, v:3.0) Daniel Taylor: Mundia Support
Could you add support for Mundia.com please? Mundia is owned and operated by ancestry.com. They allow you to view any public ancestry tree without needing a subscription to ancestry.com.
- (2014-01-26, v:3.0) Chip Ruble: Stopped Cold. Have no idea how to activate this extension.
Although the chrome store clearly shows that I have added Ancestry Family Search Extension there are no instructions on how to use this extension. Call me stupid, but a little help or instruction as to where to go in Ancestry.com or how to activate the extension would be helpful. I will continue looking.. next will be a Youtube search. BUT REALLY.... don't you think you should lay it out there. STEP one - go here and do this. If you don't see (whatever it is) then your extension is not working. This extension is NOT intuitive at all. It may be there and I just don't get it. Sounds like a good idea. Just wish I understood how it worked. FRUSTRATED.