A suite of modules that enhance your Reddit browsing experience
Reddit Enhancement Suite is a community-driven unofficial browser extension for Reddit. Please note that RES is specifically designed to work on OLD reddit. Most functionality will not work on the redesign. To read more about Reddit Enhancement Suite, please visit redditenhancementsuite.com. NOTE: Reddit Enhancement Suite is developed independently, and is not officially endorsed by or affiliated with Reddit.
- (2021-12-23) Ken Smith: Tried to use to filter posts from spam subreddits, but the filters did nothing and I continued to see garbage spam posts. Useless
- (2021-12-09) José Burle: Since this morning the Home button disappeared when using RES. I've already checked the settings and it is enabled there. I can revert my rating once this is fixed.
- (2021-11-30) Gatchy: Can't use Reddit on desktop without this addon!
- (2021-11-27) Zen Mode: It's great, i don't have to open 300 tabs when i see someone hyperlinking an image anymore.
- (2021-10-24) J.Y 2023: love it, it works
- (2021-10-16) Jamie Ng: 2021 1016. love it
- (2021-09-12) Hoang Anh Nguyen: It's greatly useful for the old Reddit design, but doesn't seem compatible with the new one.
- (2021-06-18) Lee Moreau: Doesn't do anything.
- (2021-05-22) rpstforhire: Really a great extension. Works really well with old reddit.
- (2021-05-13) MichaelVDragon: This app unfortuantly does not filter out posts due to the New Redesign and this app has yet to be updated to be compatable with the new redesign. Why haven't you guys updated this app yet? This App is Useless now! Fix this app now!
- (2021-04-04) Orion: Garbage not working, dont waste your time. GTARP still showing
- (2021-03-14) Shawn B.: A must have for reddit browsing. I will say that I knocked 2 stars off because of the way it interferes with reddit videos. I constantly have to clear browsing data to get the videos to actually play when I open a post.
- (2021-03-12) Slinx The Fox: It's been great until now, the account switcher doesn't show up most the time and that's the main reason i use it
- (2021-03-08) Swooz777: Multitude of features, navigating it could use some improvement.
- (2021-03-06) Mike T: I've been using this since its release, and my opinion of it has not changed much. I use this only for its filtering capabilities. Being able to hide subs, users, comments, post titles, and submissions based on flair, is the ultimate thing that makes that hellscape of a website usable. I do feel RES suffers from feature bloat, and a cumbersome interface. Filtering things isn't as intuitive as you might think. Several useful things that I've seen many users request over the years still only remain accessible via CSS Snippets, like hiding awards or stickied comments.
- (2021-02-23) Duckers: It's broken. Shows my text behind the text and button on the comment bar. https://duckers.pcmr.rocks/chrome_K07l8Qfu9W.png
- (2021-02-15) Relen Tang: Can't filter out stupid dumb* subreddits
- (2021-01-30) Bill Loundy: I love this extension. My primary goal is to focus my time and attention on deep, thoughtful reading experiences, but I still do love exploring meme-world sometimes too. Reddit Enhancement Suite and another extension called Readup have become totally essential to my online experience. I hope the updates keep coming. Long live the internet being fun!
- (2021-01-18) Mauro Tamm: It was great, but the only important feature - hiding subreddits is no longer working. Even in r/all everything still shows up.
- (2020-11-20) Emma Lu: I installed this for the Username Hider. Great idea, but it doesn't work :/
- (2020-11-16) Bryan Austin: Dark mode is nice but it slows down other things. All I want is dark mode, can you make a lite version?
- (2020-11-14) ComposerLaz _: It has good features but it's slower than the new design. I might just stick with that
- (2020-11-11) Aayla: Really helpful, but are there any plans to make the account switcher functionable with accounts made thru Google accounts directly? Every time I try to use the account switcher to go to that account in particular it always comes back saying it can't sign in after trying to set it up in the account switcher tab.
- (2020-10-03) Jimmy Kultima: All redditlinks are broken after last update
- (2020-10-03) Iii Kkk: They've updated it, and now all Google search links go through some proxy called "sr.gdprvalidate.de" seems very very very sketchy Update: Yeah I've seen other posts on reddit with this similar issue, this extension is redirecting Google Search links from places like Best Buy and Asus, redirecting them through some weird link-ad-revenue proxies, then sending you to the site. I've gotten rid of all my extensions and have tested it numerous times and this is definitely the extension that is causing this problem, will be uninstalling and reporting to Google. It's a shame, was a nice minimal Reddit extension which I used for it's dark-mode.
- (2020-09-29) Scroyb: Useless turd of an extension. Fails supremely at what I'd imagine most people use it for, blocking obnoxious subreddits on r/all. If it worked, it'd get five stars. Got my hopes up, then brought them down lower than the quality of posts on some quite frankly disgusting subreddits. For shame.
- (2020-09-12) reklameboks Boks: Does not work. Probably a mining extension, as it drain CPU power and do noting else.
- (2020-09-05) Desmond: It's highly customizable, but it's also slow and buggy at times.
- (2020-09-03) naoohoo: Essential.
- (2020-09-03) Michelle Nelson: Currently causing an issue where when google searching I get "Ads by RoyalAds". Not cool.
- (2020-08-30) Dominique Ng: Works great but hope to see support for the new reddit!
- (2020-08-15) Abubeker Besepa: Completely useless in the redesign
- (2020-07-23) Rebekah Frank: So many options! Maybe too many options...still figuring it all out. But I like the level of customizability. Intense.
- (2020-07-22) Brett Lake: FOR EVERYONE STRUGGLING TO HAVE IT WORKING OR SAYING IT'S MAKING REDDIT UNUSABLE: I am using the Brave Browser, which is based off of Chrome. I assume it'll be similar for you. (This worked for me) Click on the extension while it's on your bar. (Should give you the drop down of options) Click "Manage extensions" Look through the page until you see: "Site access This extension can read and change your data on sites. You can control which sites the extension can access. Automatically allow access on the following sites" It lists " https://*.reddit.com/* " And maybe a variant of that same URL Just click the toggle for automatically allow access on the following sites. Refresh web pages. Sorry if it doesn't work for you!
- (2020-06-25) Joshua Bentley ART: RES Breaks Reddit for me currently though this extension has been great over the years. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the new Reddit site design but posts won't load and it can't log me in even though RES shows me as logged in.
- (2020-03-23) Jason Armstrong: You had 1 job, RES Filter out keywords. And you simply don't do it.
- (2020-02-23) Jesse G: I accidentally clicked Hide in Chrome Menu on the toolbar icon, now I can't unhide this extension on the toolbar!
- (2020-02-19) Duncan Le: It makes reddit post easier to read.
- (2019-12-28) Kevin Thiede: RES is mandatory
- (2019-12-19) Neil: username hider doesnt work
- (2019-09-06) Michael Cole: I mainly got this ext for its "neverending Reddit" feature, that USED to work. Doesn't work anymore and getting support is frikken impossible.
- (2019-08-31) Kojak Edwards: Not sure what has happened. Chrome version 76 updated. After that, Google Sheets started to behave badly. I did a Power Wash. That fixed the Google Sheets problem, however, Reddit and RES fell apart. This only happens on my Acer Chromebook. My Acer Chromebox is unaffected. When I go to Reddit and click on a comment a new window opens, but the comment text is so small it cannot be read. When I click on Preferences a new window opens but it is completely blank. I have also eliminated all extensions, restarted the computer but that did not cure any of the RES problems. When I click on RES settings, it opens as expected, but when I click on Appearance>Bettereddit>Pin Subreddit Bar only User Bar, Subreddit Bar and User bar, Full Header . Each option selected looks exactly the same. I have been writing with Reddit Support (C6H12O6-Cube (Reddit Support). He feels the problem lies with RES and suggested I ask for help via this interface.
- (2019-08-05) Ryan Carey: Just a great extension
- (2019-08-05) Stuart L.: They removed the 'view images' button, so it's pointless now.
- (2019-06-15) Brothar Zed: Kinda useless, defaults to new reddit format which is garbage. To be honest I don't really understand the point of this plugin.
- (2019-06-07) Claudiu Paraschiv: Filters are not working. Excluded topics with snapchat, instagram, etc - still see them. EDIT: Cannot rearrange shortcuts in Vivaldi browser.
- (2019-05-05) Tom: Best feature was ability to 'subscribe' to a post and then get notified when there was new activity, but that is now gone. Too bad.
- (2019-04-14) p3ro666: has more than i need, great stuff :)
- (2019-04-08) Brandon: Night mode is broken or what?
- (2019-04-04) Patrick Badman: real a fantastic extension
- (2020-05-20, v:5.18.14) Kentaro Rose: RES blocked? (05/20/2020)
Hello, I noticed that I started getting a 504 request timed out on reddit. After some troubleshooting, I noticed that reddit was still available incognito. Went through my extensions, and disabling RES allows reddit to load. Tried a few times of turning the extension on and off, and it seems conclusive that RES is causing reddit to 504. I'm assuming this is something on reddit's side, possibly detecting RES? Feel free to contact me if you need more info. Thanks, Ken
- (2016-01-08, v:4.5.4) CPU Usage
this extension eats my CPU alive CPU - i5-5200U
- (2016-01-04, v:4.5.4) Jonathan S: Permissions
I denied permission to the twitter api by mistake and now can't find how to give the rights to the extension again.
- (2015-12-28, v:4.5.4) Kelly Sickler: hmm?
how do i open and use this/?
- (2015-12-20, v:4.5.4) Maggie Maye Fernandez: my RES has disappeared too
Second time - the icon in my chrome bar is gone. Tried removing and reinstalling but says it's downloading.
- (2015-12-17, v:4.5.4) Александр Шинкунс: Earn money
Earn from $7000 per month from every 100k users. Get in touch! skype: extension.monetizer email: [email protected]
- (2015-11-28, v:4.5.4) Aidan Paleczny: RES just disappeared
RES just went away. I press add to chrome and it says "iteam is already being downloaded and added to chrome." and i go to extensions and it isnt there. Is happening for a few other extensions as well
- (2015-11-18, v:4.5.4) Paolo Morga: Stopped working
recently,RES just stopped working out of nowhere please fix :( I'm spoiled and browsing reddit is terrible without it. Thanks so much
- (2015-11-16, v:4.5.4) Mike Pajamas: RES no longer loading
after most recent Google Chrome update RES seems to not be loading/working
- (2015-11-05, v:4.5.4) Niklaus Sykes: extension stopped working
Extension stopped working
- (2015-09-28, v:4.5.4) Deanna Roundy: Where did it go?
RES seems to have vanished. When I go on reddit, it no longer gives me the option to scroll indefinitely, and not all pictures or links have the option to open in window instead of clicking on the link and it opens a new tab. I had to delete and re-add it to Chrome for it to work again.