Extends Scoutbook functionality with calendar, quick entry, and summer camp import functions
This tool extends several feature capabilities of Scoutbook. Disclaimer: This tool was created by a Scouting Volunteer who spent his own time and energy to "Do a good turn" and help fellow Scouters out. It is not a product of the Scoutbook development team nor is supported by BSA. If it helps you out, terrific. If you find issues or have questions or would like to see it tweaked, please contact me so I can get them fixed. What is it? The focus of this extension is to provide time saving features to users of the Scoutbook Tool. It is hoped that the life of this tool will be short and that Scoutbook is able to integrate these feature concepts. This tool is simply an interim workaround to some needed features. Until then, there is a great need to have the following included features. Calendar * Repeating Events. You can create, edit and delete repeating calendar events * Copy Event. You can copy existing events to a new date. * Calendar Import from CSV file You can import calendare events using a CSV file * Calendar Export to CSV * Calendar Messaging You can select invitees based on their RSVP status to send them messages. You can select attendees based on Attendance status to send them messages. * Update Multiple Calendar Event Invitees. You can add invitees to any number of future events in a quick entry fashion. * Enhanced Calendar View You get a modified calendar view that displays a + sign wherever there are multiple events on a single day * Camping/Hiking/Service Log Autofill Quick Entry. You can open the Quick Entry logs pre-filled with information from a Calendar Event. * Event RSVP Report. Provides a printable report for a selected event. * Sticky Calendar Date - returns you to the recently used date in the calendar instead of back to the current date. * Scout Birthday - easily adds Scout Birthday events to the calendar Payment Logs * Payment Log Quick Entry. You can quick enter credits and debits for groups of Scouts. * Paylog Report - You can now get a balance and transaction report, with support for a unit level account * Unit Accounting - You can have a Unit Account that works with the Scout Accounts as subaccounts Swimmer Classification * Swimmer Classification Quick Entry. You can quick enter Swimmer Classifications and dates for groups of Scouts and Leaders. School Information * School Name and Grade Quick Edit. You can quick edit school names and grades for Scouts Health Record * Health Record Quick Entry Table. You can enter the AB and C health Record Dates for multiple Scouts and Leaders in a table formatted quick entry OA Record * OA Quick Entry. You can quick enter OA information for multiple Scouts on one screen * OA Membership Report. View OA Membership data. Session Monitor * Session Timeout Notification. When the Scoutbook session is about to logged off due to inactivity, a popup appears and you can click to extend the session. Merit Badge Quick Entry for Units * Add Merit Badge Quick Entry. You can use Quick Entry to Add merit badges, sign as the Unit Leader, and Assign Merit Badge Counselors. Merit Badge Quick Entry for Counselors * Merit Badge Quick Entry for Counselors. You can use Quick Entry to Approve requirements or Completed Merit badges for multiple Scouts in multiple units all at once. Merit Badge Counselor Connection Helper * Allows Merit Badge Counselors to identify connections that are no longer needed, so they may be removed to clean up the dashboard. Merit Badge Reports for Counselors * Allows Merit Badge Counselors to see the Merit Badge status of Scouts they counsel. Merit Badge Quick Find for Counselors * Allows Merit Badge Counselors to quickly get to the Merit badge pages for Scouts they counsel Merit Badge Counselor Quick Connect * Easily connect to a Merit Badge Counselor right from the Merit Badge Search Results, and from a Scout's Merit Badge page Merit Badge Import from Summer Camps * Summer Camp Merit Badge Import from Black Pug Software. You can import data saved after 6/1/2017 from Summer Camps that use the scoutingevent.com website to track Merit badges. New Scout/parent Import * Scout and Parent CSV Import - Fast way to set up Scouts and Parents at registration time * Parent CSV Import - fast way to just add parents Clean Message and Forum Pasting * Message Pasting. Filters pasted text into messages and forums so only clean text is seen Connection Manager Enhancement * Preserve connections and permissions between parents and Scouts when changing all permissions for an adult. * Set Scout column permissions. Sets all permissions except parents and Admins. * Adds a Permissions by Position Manager page to easily set permissions based on the leadership and parent/guardian roles held by adults Report Builder: * Adds Select All in report builder for adventures and merit badges Messages: * Adds a Select Den/Patrol option to message page so you can easily send messages to one or more dens or patrols. * Adds a Custom Email Group option to all setting up custom groups. * Always makes sure you are copied on messages going out * Preview to see what BB codes look like * YPT Notices in the body * Recipient name list in BCC messages Training: * Adds a quick edit Scout Youth Training function * Adds an Adult Trained Leader export to CSV from Training Report * Adds a YPT Training Report, with 2018 cutoff dates Print Roster: * Adds a quick simple sort capability to the Print Roster Youth Leadership: * Adds a Quick Edit of Youth Leadership Positions Council Admin * Adds Unit Usage Statistics for Council Admins Help Links: * Adds Help Links to SUAC documents and this extension help documents on the Scoutbook Help page. Upgrade Notifications * Allows you to choose if you want to be notified of version updates, and you can specify for all releases or feature updates only. This extension is also available as a Firefox Add-on. See Scoutbook forums for the location.
- (2020-02-17) Lisa Ludwig: A Scout is HELPFUL!!! and this application is too!
- (2020-01-14) Matthew Johnson: It is amazing what was added by a volunteer! It really does plug some holes. I wish Scoutbook would implement these improvements, but in the mean time, this is a must have.
- (2019-12-10) Adam Koch: I didn't realize being able to preview messages was because of this extension until tonight! I'm feeling boneheaded about the times I complained when it didn't show up (when I was probably on a different computer).
- (2019-11-15) Carl Nygaard: After sending too many embarrassingly malformed emails, the extension's message preview feature is a huge improvement.
- (2019-10-09) Dan Bembower: Thanks so much for making this!! I had forgotten which parts were extensions and which were built in - I've just started using the payments tracking but realized other parts I rely upon are also extensions. Great.
- (2019-06-07) Georgia Deakin: Gary, I think I love you! LOL - this is great to be able to put in a recurring event! I haven't even gotten to the other functions yet!
- (2019-05-09) Ryan Smith: Absolute requirement for scoutbook users
- (2018-11-15) Ray Lang: Adds a lot of reaqlly nice features. Great.
- (2018-09-14) Michael Kaler: Thank you so much, this was exactly what I was looking for! Saved me so much time!
- (2018-08-16) Noah Carlisle: If you are a Scoutbook Admin or Advancement coordinator,, these add in's are awesome to have! Thanks Gary! I look forward to more!
- (2018-06-02) B Melchiorre: My pack really enjoys the added features
- (2018-05-04) Mtn Spirit: Thank you Gary for all the work done on this extension! Love the features offered! It would be great to include the Swim Classification date for adults with this extension too, as well as scout parents. I'd love to know how to do this type of development. :-)
- (2018-04-30) Yellow John: Great work by a volunteer!!!
- (2018-02-19) Duane Phillips: This feature makes Scoutbook viable for replacing the various excel, program and unique tracking tools we use to run the Troop. Many thanks Mr Feutz!
- (2018-02-08) How do we disable this add-on's ability to take control of the browser each time it is updated? It's a great plugin, but we need to be able to shut off the instant pop-up following every minor release. Thank you!
- (2018-02-01) Mike Welch: Thank you! Quick Entry on so many levels is awesome. Love how this Extension makes repetitive work by our volunteers so much more tolerable :)
- (2018-01-26) John Mayfield: Makes Scoutbook much more functional. The developer is much more responsive to adding reports than the Scoutbook administrators.
- (2017-12-29) larry Potter: You know you've made an awesome tool when they include in as part of the training for Scoutbook. It's a precursor usually starting with "Have you installed the extension yet, If not we'll pause so you can do it now."
- (2017-11-25) Joe Davis: Calendar enhancements are very helpful. Thank you so much!
- (2017-11-22) Ed Bruce: This fills in where some of the promised features have not been delivered. Thanks!
- (2017-11-14) Pack 175 Decatur: The calendar and rsvp features are killer. Thanks so much!
- (2017-11-09) Jared Kerr: Best tool for scoutbook.
- (2017-11-04) robert unglenieks: I found this one of the most useful and well executed extensions. Wow.
- (2017-10-06) Eric McDonald: Fills many of the holes that Scoutbook currently has. Thanks for making this available. I do wish that Scoutbook would incorporate these tools and make them native and available without requiring the extension.
- (2017-10-06) Elaine Murphy Rizzo: Great extension - especially the recurring meetings, calendar messaging and MB counselor quick entries. Thank you so much!
- (2020-02-02, v:0.45.0.1) James Strickland: Import Events from TroopMaster
Our troop has used TroopMaster Web 2.0 for several years. However, your extension may allow us to finally move to Scoutbook. Is there a suggested TroopMaster report for importing our events into Scoutbook with your tool? If so, will I still need to manually update the attendance records once I have imported the events?
- (2020-01-26, v:0.45.0) Steve Carney: Reoccurring Calendar Events
The ability to make reoccurring events disappeared with the new update. Was that intentional?
- (2020-01-07, v:0.44.0.4) Richard Cantzler: Sync Group from JSON
I love the ability to add Groups for messaging (https://drive.google.com/file/d/179FnABz3_b5Osz2a4Yi4sdWaoVYhq5a9/view) -- the only challenge is that the storage is local and sharing with others involves emailing around JSON files. It would be slick if the JSON could be loaded from a URL (e.g. a pack/troop's google drive) ... that way we could maintain email lists the committee uses in a single place and our committee members would just need to provide the link to the JSON. Such a feature could be used to enable some of the other feature requests where users wanted to store "additional" information for scouts (like allergy info, etc)... the extra information could all loaded/saved/shared using a JSON file from a gdrive?
- (2019-12-06, v:0.43.0.11) Curran Schiefelbein: Payment Balance Report disappeared
Looks like last night's Scoutbook update broke things. We love this feature and are chasing sites before recharter-- fingers crossed for a quick fix!!
- (2019-11-13, v:0.43.0.8) Giancarlo Matias: Error message
Hello I am new using this feature and in Scout as well (I am the Treasurer for my pack) and when I go to Quick Entry, choose the Payment Log option, I am getting an error message: "there was a problem building the QE page using scoutid 8817861" then I click ok and it is showing "error, halted" Any idea how to fix this? I need to mark who has paid dues per our records. Thanks!
- (2019-08-11, v:0.43.0) Jayson Gray: Calendar Bugs
I just tried to use the 'Copy New' feature in the calendar to duplicate an existing calendar event and received the Scoutbook error page stating: Whoops! We encountered an error trying to process your request. Our webmaster has been notified and will fix it ASAP! Wanted to let you know.
- (2019-07-09, v:0.42.0) Nathan & Alisa Niesen: Issues enabling extension
I had issues getting the extension to show the quick entry payment logs menu and other features. I tried re-installing the extension, force reloading the page, and restarting the browser but the menu options were still not showing up. I typically have the tab pinned and just re-authenticate. I think it finally started working because I clicked on Home, My Dashboard, and then my troop. I think it's state was messed up because I'm a parent in one troop and an admin and treasurer in another. Also, I originally installed it when I was a pack admin and then had no admin roll for the past year. Anyway, I was not able to reproduce by switching back to the non-admin troop, reloading the app, and then jumping to the admin troop. Maybe you'll run across some state management issue in the code but otherwise you could just add it as a possible trouble-shooting step if people have issues getting the extension to take affect.
- (2019-06-17, v:0.42.0) Paul Starr: Import csv calendar
Where can I find the instructions on how to import csv files to scoutbook?
- (2019-03-07, v:0.41.0.14) Can't install
Trying to add extension, getting an error: An error has occurred Package is invalid. Details: 'Could not load extension icon 'book16.png'.'.
- (2019-02-07, v:0.41.0.8) Ray MacDhomhnuill: inoperative
this evening i logged in and the feature assistant seems to be inoperative
- (2019-01-16, v:0.40.0.4) Emily Baker: Siblings option and report
Often when we register and attend council sponsored events, they need to know how names and birth dates of siblings in attendance. Can this be added to the scout's profile and then possibly a report organized by scout?
- (2019-01-15, v:0.40.0.3) Registration Import CSV - imports Scout Info, but not parents?
I have successfully used the CSV import to concurrently load the scout and parent account info into ScoutBook. However when trying this today only the scout's info imported. No error messages was seen, but there was no parent info/account created. I created their account manually, but something seems to have changed to break this portion of the CSV import.
- (2018-12-16, v:0.38.0.2) Howard G. Barnes: Still working
Is the extension still functional with the current version of scout book. When it is enabled it seem to gum up the whole 'book'
- (2018-11-14, v:0.36.0.1) Notes section
We have certain scouts that we would like to make notes on that we don't need public to the whole pack (eg. this child needs short breaks, this child has a gluten allergy, etc). Is there a way to add a notes section under the profile of the scout?