Plan your perfect timetable with this free open-source utility for QUT students.
Plan your perfect timetable with this free open-source utility for QUT students. How To Use: 1. Download and install (obviously)! 2. Use the links underneath the timetable to open either the 'enrolled units' page, or the advanced unit search. Unit searching can also be achieved by writing a unit ID or description in the 'Unit Search' box in the sidebar on the left (this is handy for units you're not currently enrolled in). 3. This extension will automatically detect the class availabilities for any subject on these pages. 4. Clicking any 'Import' button on these pages will open up the timetabler and add the class to the timetabler sidebar. 5. Click to expand any unit code in the sidebar. Hover over any class type heading (e.g. 'Tutorials'), to preview all available times for that class type. 6. Hovering over a specific class will preview that class in your current timetable. Click to add it to the timetable, or press the 'x' to the right of any selected class to remove it. 7. Finally, there's an output that shows the class times you've selected so you're ready for class registration Open Source: Find the source code here: https://github.com/benmag/Timetable
- (2019-02-02) mighty war: It is a decent app, saves plenty of time in terms of planning for class registration. However, what I find frustrating is the fact that it fails to fetch unit data through the search bar in the extension itself. It comes up with an error when you use it to load unit timetable data. It also constantly says "loading" under the search bar and does not fully load no matter how many times you refresh the page. To resolve the fetching unit data issue, I had to manually go to QUT's website and load the unit data individually into the extension. This proved kind of counterproductive to the purpose of the extension as it should be doing that for you. Another feature that should be added is the ability to print/download your timetable as pdf or png/jpeg instead of having to screenshot it and then cropping it (which makes it look terrible). The display of the different blocks of lectures/tutorials etc. should be made clear as well because the reading of each block is not fluid; no borders present around them (i.e. difficult to distinguish the start and end time of each session). It should be something like UQ's timetable planner, which has nice fluidity because there is a small space around each block of sessions (helps clarify the start and end time/ easily separates the blocks). Otherwise, the choice of colours and visuals are wonderful in this extension.
- (2019-01-17) Kingsley Smith: Used it all 2018, can it please be updated for Sem 1 2019. Love your work
- (2018-06-10) Tia Basford: This app is great except I am having trouble selecting the classes once I have imported units, seems to be a glitch?
- (2018-01-17) Serena May: Cheers ya legends! Great app, massive time saver.
- (2018-01-03) Joshua Parker: Thank you for making every semester 1000 times easier to plan out. This works so well and is very easy to use.
- (2017-06-06) Jonathan Davies: legends
- (2017-04-12) motivation2study success: awesome
- (2017-02-02) Tobius Daichi: best eva
- (2017-02-02) Bianca Lee: Great help love it!!
- (2017-02-01) Ben McMahon: omg omg omg this saved me before registrations, as a high school graduate i had no idea what i was doing until i found this thank you <3
- (2017-01-30) Minh Lam: Works well
- (2017-01-28) Victoria Wall: THANK YOU!
- (2017-01-20) Fathiyya Laksono: bless whoever created this
- (2016-06-06) Daniel Cabrera: Whoeven made this deserves a nobel prize. Simple to use and efficient. Everything I need. Beautiful. a e s t h e t i c 12/10 IGN
- (2016-06-05) Matthew Adams: Fantastic tool.
- (2016-05-24) Tully Kuss-Patterson: Can the app be updated to accept Semester 2 class times so it can be used to plan in advance?
- (2016-04-19) Connor Goodacre: its really helpful for my work
- (2016-01-20) Joshua Hing: Incredibly helpful extension! I think it must have halved my timetable planning time. Aside from a slight glitch here and the small text, I say this extension is great :)
- (2016-01-14) Conor Duggan: Recommend to everyone I know
- (2015-06-01) Jordenne Desmond: Awesome!
- (2015-05-16) Keely Staub: Timetable sorted out in 5 minutes, this is seriously great.
- (2015-01-29) Luke Busstra: Its not to complex and makes planing so much easier then writing it all down. Must have app or planning timetable
- (2015-01-28) ben mawson: thank you so much will recommend to everyone
- (2015-01-27) Jasmine Choo: thanks so much for making this :)
- (2015-01-24) Michael Tanner: So much easier than fiddling with excel. Excellent.
- (2014-06-04, v:1.0.1) Charlie Shaw-Feather: Timetable
Okay so my issue is that for instance when I have a subject with a lot of possibilities for instance 120 I have to scroll down the page to see the possibilities but then when I scroll down the page the timetable doesn't follow i.e. http://puu.sh/9e3pH.png so if you could write like JQUERY or something to account for this issue and allow the timetable to be fixed on the page and you scroll around it or something this would be great but until then only a 4/5